PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2008, 08:58 AM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20755 GPS kitchen

I am downloading now. Does anyone know a solution to the missing tap and drag to highlight multiple emails. We used to be able to just swap out the the TMAIL OEM in the OEM Apps folder with an older one but I couldn't get that to work with the last release. Any advise or ideas????
Old 10-16-2008, 09:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Can you elaborate just a little bit?

When you say "application close button is mapped incorrectly", what exactly do you mean by that.

Do you typically have one of the hard-buttons mapped to close applications?

Are you refering to the upper-right area of the screen, where the [x] is visually positioned as being the application close button?

Try the screen calibration control panel and see if this resolves the issue ...

Best regards,
-boggsie
Take the example of being in the programs folder. When I want to close the folder I would tap on the top right corner to close the folder, however now it does not close. When I am in SMS app I want to exit by tapping on the top right but it brings up the menu instead, which is the soft key at the bottom right.

I will try screen calibration, but I automatically setup calibration from my personal OEM.

Steve
Old 10-16-2008, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

RussMuscle is a n00b

zeurx -

I do have RDP selected. I use it all the time.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:01 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
I will try screen calibration, but I automatically setup calibration from my personal OEM.

Steve
Starting with 20748, I have found that setting the calibration key via OEM to work sporadically (for me). In the cases where it fails to take, the behavior you have described is exactly what has happened to me.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 10-16-2008, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Starting with 20748, I have found that setting the calibration key via OEM to work sporadically (for me). In the cases where it fails to take, the behavior you have described is exactly what has happened to me.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Very interesting...so do you manually calibrate every time you flash?

Thanks,
Steve

PS - Anyone having issues with Autorun and UC?
Old 10-16-2008, 11:56 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Very interesting...so do you manually calibrate every time you flash?

Thanks,
Steve

PS - Anyone having issues with Autorun and UC?
I leave the OEM in my selections and sometimes I notice the behavior you have also run into. When that happens, I go ahead and calibrate ... calibrate at startup / boot stops my UC stuff from running. It is a pain to come back after a flash, expecting the phone to be ready, only to realize that I have to calibrate and set the time zone (for example). So, I leave all of this in and if I need to, I'll go ahead and calibrate.

In other areas: I am experiencing unexpected behavior with some of my registry tweaks and this base. I am not suggesting that the base is at fault, I am trying to narrow down what is causing the issue (Excel Mobile won't launch). I mention this, because while I troubleshoot this issue (with my registry tweaks), I am not letting UC complete, so I can't offer any help, if you are experiencing issues with UC.

Best regards,
-boggsie

EDIT: follow-up on registry tweaks and launching Excel Mobile - I use date and time stacked on top of one another in the title bar. Within the past month, I had changed the tweak to format the date and time elements a little bit differently. So, as expected, the behavior I was experiencing had nothing to do with the PPCKitchen or the 20nnn base, it was my date or time formatting that Excel could not deal with. In Other Words - user error

Last edited by boggsie; 10-16-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

I've just starting calibrating all the time, but I have the time settings in another OEM. As for autorun and UC, I use sashimi instead. It's cut down on my time customizing incredibly.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Almost a VIP

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

I'm not sure why I'm not getting past the second splash screen. Can someone post a list of what they downloaded from the ppckitchen site; there was a file named vogue_20755 something or other in a "Group" folder that I have, which I'm now not sure if I should have. Updater wouldn't work for me; it just hung and finally the program stopped responding according to windows xp. So with manually downloading the files the kitchen seems to compile just fine like with 20748, but after flashing won't boot past the second splash.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
I'm not sure why I'm not getting past the second splash screen. Can someone post a list of what they downloaded from the ppckitchen site; there was a file named vogue_20755 something or other in a "Group" folder that I have, which I'm now not sure if I should have. Updater wouldn't work for me; it just hung and finally the program stopped responding according to windows xp. So with manually downloading the files the kitchen seems to compile just fine like with 20748, but after flashing won't boot past the second splash.
If you got the 20755 selections.txt, you'll get errors for all missing files. If you're not getting file not found errors, you should be good.

I suggest trying with the buildos I pushed out this morning, as it has fixes that might affect your issue. I'd also make a clean rom if you think you might be missing stuff. Verify that boots and works, then you'll know if it's you or not.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
If you got the 20755 selections.txt, you'll get errors for all missing files. If you're not getting file not found errors, you should be good.

I suggest trying with the buildos I pushed out this morning, as it has fixes that might affect your issue. I'd also make a clean rom if you think you might be missing stuff. Verify that boots and works, then you'll know if it's you or not.
thanks. will uninstall and download anew tonight.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development