PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bean373 is keeping up the good workbean373 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OMJ's 3.03, 3.09, M2D WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 9/26/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
First of all let me just say that i have tried every ROM under the sun and so far, I have liked all of OMJ's better than any other. Thanks for all the hard work on your roms.

That being said, I seem to have a problem with S2U2. When I plug in the phone to charge, if the phone is shut off, the phone won't come on after i plug it in. i have to do a soft-reset. As long as the the S2U2 is active and the phone is on, i can plug the phone into charge, power it off manually and back on and it worsa perfectly. I did not have this problem with the Stock Updated Rom.

any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yea. I'm using the Sprint Custom Rom that was updated 7/20/08.
Which version of S2U2 are you using? I did not encounter any problems. I'm using S2U2-1.03-wm5.cab. Could be your setting. Try disabing most of the fearures.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: OMJ's 3.03.04 WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 7/20/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrock View Post
In Tcmp Options->video-> tick Raw framebuffer
Tried that, didn't work until I did a reinstall of TCPMP RECOMP. I noticed that I had to do the same thing for previous OMJ roms too. FLV files works flawlessly but divx(*.avi) files won't play right.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: OMJ's 3.03.04 WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 7/20/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
just uploaded version 2, fixed the 1% battery.

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OMJ/ROMS/OMJ.3.03.04.Custom.2.exe
Your generic custom rom has the 1% battery status. I'm assuming this update is only for the "custom" rom only and not the "generic custom".

Last edited by bean373; 07-21-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: OMJ's 3.03.04 WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 7/21/08

OMJ, do you recommend doing a couple of hard resets after installing Custom2?
Old 07-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's 3.03.04 WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 7/21/08

Quote:
yes, I noticited that too, but I could have sworn I saw the same on the official.

hmm, not sure why this is happening, but since you are getting the same results w/ the official rom, it's either an oem you are adding or your pc.

My roms are done the exact same way using the 2.nbh as a base. I would try again w/o adding any oem's to see what happens.
I wasn't actually running the newest put out by dcd yet (the "strikes again" on July 10), i had been running the one a couple days before that. On the first one that did not happen, but I'm sure you are right about the new one. Oh well.

I'm about to start extracting the 2.nbh from the official again and give it another try. Couple questions...

1. I know rstoyguy's tutorial says to add oems to the \oem directory, but i also see that there is an \oem\oemapps directory in the deconstructed sprint rom (as well as yours of course). So my question is do i indeed just drag the oems to the \oem "root" or the \oem\oemapps when adding oems?

2. In reference to removing apps from the \sys folder... How did you go about and what needs to be removed from that folder to get rid of SprintTV, SprintMusic, and TelNav as you did in your clean rom? (I'm also go to build a rom for a buddy of mine who is on Alltel)

3. Once those are removed, where did you get the blue icons for the cube (which i think may be stock htc and may be in there somewhere already), how did you edit the cube while building the rom (as opposed to cube config after the fact)?

4. If i wanted to remove say... Windows Live, would i just delete the \WindowsLive directory out of the \sys folder or would i remove \WindowsLive, \WindowsLive_DPI_96, and \WindowsLive_Lang_0409 all three?

5. While building, if i want to include some cabs in the Windows directory such as you did (Sprint Navigation etc...) can i just add the cab files to the \oem\oemapps folder during the add/remove process and they will be added to the \Windows folder in the build process?

Guess that's all for now (as it is a lot, not trying to sound as if it isn't)

Thanks a million, AGAIN!

Vancer
Old 07-21-2008, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean373 View Post
Which version of S2U2 are you using? I did not encounter any problems. I'm using S2U2-1.03-wm5.cab. Could be your setting. Try disabing most of the fearures.

S2U2-1.05-WM5.CAB
Old 07-21-2008, 07:43 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean373 View Post
Your generic custom rom has the 1% battery status. I'm assuming this update is only for the "custom" rom only and not the "generic custom".
yes, only the sprint custom was updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
OMJ, do you recommend doing a couple of hard resets after installing Custom2?
I rarely hard reset after a flash, I know other people say to, some say to hard reset 2x.....just doesn't make sense, I can see maybe 1x but I see no point in 2x.

My rule of thumb is if it's acting strange whatsoever, then hard reset, but if not, dont worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
I wasn't actually running the newest put out by dcd yet (the "strikes again" on July 10), i had been running the one a couple days before that. On the first one that did not happen, but I'm sure you are right about the new one. Oh well.

I'm about to start extracting the 2.nbh from the official again and give it another try. Couple questions...

1. I know rstoyguy's tutorial says to add oems to the \oem directory, but i also see that there is an \oem\oemapps directory in the deconstructed sprint rom (as well as yours of course). So my question is do i indeed just drag the oems to the \oem "root" or the \oem\oemapps when adding oems?

2. In reference to removing apps from the \sys folder... How did you go about and what needs to be removed from that folder to get rid of SprintTV, SprintMusic, and TelNav as you did in your clean rom? (I'm also go to build a rom for a buddy of mine who is on Alltel)

3. Once those are removed, where did you get the blue icons for the cube (which i think may be stock htc and may be in there somewhere already), how did you edit the cube while building the rom (as opposed to cube config after the fact)?

4. If i wanted to remove say... Windows Live, would i just delete the \WindowsLive directory out of the \sys folder or would i remove \WindowsLive, \WindowsLive_DPI_96, and \WindowsLive_Lang_0409 all three?

5. While building, if i want to include some cabs in the Windows directory such as you did (Sprint Navigation etc...) can i just add the cab files to the \oem\oemapps folder during the add/remove process and they will be added to the \Windows folder in the build process?

Guess that's all for now (as it is a lot, not trying to sound as if it isn't)

Thanks a million, AGAIN!

Vancer
1. oemapps are usually HTC stock apps, so yes, put your oem folders into the root \oem folder

2. i only removed the junk apps like Autoupdate & welcomecenter from sys. sprintTv & telenav are installed via cabs in the carrier customization, in my clean version, carrier customization is removed, so they dont get installed, but I left the cabs in there in case ppl wanted to install themselves. in my sprint custom version i converted those cabs to oem to add them back in. If you are building from my clean rom then those 2 wont be in there, as far as music, the music.exe is in operatorPKG folder, and I believe the code is in the rgu file in oemapps.

3. the blue icons are from the bell rom, bell uses more htc stock stuff. I just overwrote the specific cube files that were in oemapps. the default htc shortcuts for the cube are already in there, but sprint overwrites the code from one of the provxml files in OperatorPKG, so I just removed the code sprint thows in there to overwrite.

4. you typically remove all related folders

5. yes, that is how sprint did it, they stuck the opera & telnav cabs in oemapps to be installed during carrier customization....technically you could add those cabs in any folder, as all files get dumped to \windows.

good luck
Old 07-21-2008, 07:57 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I rarely hard reset after a flash, I know other people say to, some say to hard reset 2x.....just doesn't make sense, I can see maybe 1x but I see no point in 2x.

My rule of thumb is if it's acting strange whatsoever, then hard reset, but if not, dont worry about it.
I think this is a practice from a couple of years ago on much older devices. (a couple of years ago in pda technology is like 100 earth years...). This ensured the image got copied from the 'rom' to the device working memory and overwrote whatever was there before. But for the 6900 it is not necessary. I have never had to or needed to do this either...

Old 07-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette

if i unlock with the 2.31 unlocker and then run with (i already have the official rom) and then can i relock and flash back to the official rom?

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

The Weez is a n00b

Quick question for OMJ rom users:

I've seen people write, "I've used many other roms and OJM's is the best," but without explanation of why.

I'd like to hear some of the reasons why people think it's the best.

Either way, I'll probably install it this weekend - just curious to see what people say.

Last edited by The Weez; 07-26-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development