PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's 3.03.04 WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 7/20/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
1. oemapps are usually HTC stock apps, so yes, put your oem folders into the root \oem folder
Cool, but just for clarification. I deconstructed your generic custom and noticed that most of the added apps...AEPlus, GPSToday, HHC, etc... were actually in the \sys folder.

Sooo... the HTC stock type stuff is in \oem and when I add the other "after market" type stuff such as that from the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar and 000_Shareware.rar I need to drop that in the \sys folder. Correct?

I think I'm just going to customize your clean rom for now as getting into the stuff related to the cube icons is still a bit over my head w/o some more research. I learned how to edit the cube via the registry prior to CubeConfig comming out, but don't quite know how to do it w/respect to building it into the rom. (i like the blue Bell stuff in the clean rom better than the Sprint Yellow anyway)

Thanks again!

Vancer

P.S. - Did deconstruct, customize, and rebuild your generic custom today and re-flashed w/o the dreaded hang at the black HTC screen
Old 07-21-2008, 09:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

rocknyc is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's 3.03.04 WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 7/21/08

Anybody know why Beejive (Jivetalk) doesn't work? It looks like it'll work but then I get an error message saying 'Could not activate BeejiveIM, unable to get key'

Old 07-21-2008, 10:25 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: OMJ's 3.03.04 WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 7/21/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknyc View Post
Anybody know why Beejive (Jivetalk) doesn't work? It looks like it'll work but then I get an error message saying 'Could not activate BeejiveIM, unable to get key'
Try opening Internet Explorer. As soon as you see the "Dialing #777" bubble, try JiveTalk again.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:40 PM
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: OMJ's 3.03.04 WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 7/20/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Cool, but just for clarification. I deconstructed your generic custom and noticed that most of the added apps...AEPlus, GPSToday, HHC, etc... were actually in the \sys folder.
There are certain folder that will stay in the OEM folder. On decompiled roms, OEM's show up in the SYS directory. These are "Partial" OEM's and can be deleted, but are missing components to add into another rom.

Quote:
Sooo... the HTC stock type stuff is in \oem and when I add the other "after market" type stuff such as that from the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar and 000_Shareware.rar I need to drop that in the \sys folder. Correct?
NO!!! All added OEM's need to go into the OEM directory so that BuildOs.exe can properly incorporate them into the rom. Here is how most kitchens handle the OEM and SYS directory.

Both directories - Files get pulled into the "dump directory" which when the Rom is transfered to your device is the \Windows directory...

- OEM directory
1. BuildOs.exe lets you check/uncheck apps according to info in the option.xml file.
2. BuildOs.exe incorporates the registry information contained in the *.RGU file into the system registry .hv files. (located in ..\SYS\MetaData)
3. BuildOs.exe appends the information from the initflashfiles.txt in each OEM into the system file initflashfiles.dat. (Located in ..\OEM\OEM_Lang_0409)

- SYS directory
Files get copied to the system. The RGU and initflashfiles.txt information is already incorporated so most of the time they do not exist.

That was a brief explanation. Alot more goes on, but I think should help you with why new OEM's go into the kitchens OEM directory.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

rocknyc is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Try opening Internet Explorer. As soon as you see the "Dialing #777" bubble, try JiveTalk again.
Awesome...that worked! Thanks!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

bean373 is keeping up the good workbean373 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weez View Post
Quick question for OJM rom users:

I've seen people write, "I've used many other roms and OJM's is the best," but without explanation of why.

I'd like to hear some of the reasons why people think it's the best.

Either way, I'll probably install it this weekend - just curious to see what people say.
IN MY OPINION the other Roms I've tried looked almost identical to the stock Rom while OMJ has stuff installed that makes it look more CUSTOMIZED. I like the Start Menu he uses. Makes it look more like MS Windows 98/XP/Vista "Start" menu. He's usually has all the required Registry Hacks that we need and his Roms seem to be more stable than most of what I've seen. The working 1% battery guage is nice. He's got a great set of Utilities.

It just seems that he has his ROMs customized as if he was remodeling the HTC Vogue to reach PERFECTION and meet or exceed our needs for this device.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff

Thanks rstoyguy !!

That makes sense now, i was begining to wonder after i looked at OMJ's decompiled generic custom rom's \sys folder.

Well time to re-prep,+/-,buildOs, and buildIT ... AGAIN! hehe

I'm far too OCD to leave it as is! lol

Appreciate your help!

Vancer
Old 07-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I should change my screen to VancerOCD lol
Old 07-21-2008, 11:37 PM
SuperNoob

Quote:
Thanks rstoyguy !!

That makes sense now, i was begining to wonder after i looked at OMJ's decompiled generic custom rom's \sys folder.

Well time to re-prep,+/-,buildOs, and buildIT ... AGAIN! hehe

I'm far too OCD to leave it as is! lol

Appreciate your help!

Vancer
By all means PLAY! Build, flash, build, flash, build flash...That's how I got the info...

And I'm sorta an old nerd out of the 80's....uh....what's OCD? And take it easy on me...
Old 07-22-2008, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

bean373 is keeping up the good workbean373 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
By all means PLAY! Build, flash, build, flash, build flash...That's how I got the info...

And I'm sorta an old nerd out of the 80's....uh....what's OCD? And take it easy on me...
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
What is Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder?
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, OCD, is an anxiety disorder and is characterized by recurrent, unwanted thoughts (obsessions) and/or repetitive behaviors (compulsions). Repetitive behaviors such as handwashing, counting, checking, or cleaning are often performed with the hope of preventing obsessive thoughts or making them go away. Performing these so-called "rituals," however, provides only temporary relief, and not performing them markedly increases anxiety.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development