PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

bean373 is keeping up the good workbean373 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's 3.03.04 WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 7/21/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
IOTA keeps failing!!!!! I cant get an internet connection for the life of me, can anyone help??? im using the clean version, with a sprint touch
I had a similar problem. Not sure this will help you but I found out that if you got your phone connected to your PC/Laptop with active sync running, IOTA will not run properly. Once you disconnect the USB cable, you should be able to run IOTA.

I have OMJ's generic custom rom on my Sprint Touch.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette
Re: OMJ's 3.03.04 WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 7/21/08

My IOTA failed too like 5 times.. I just hard reset and it worked fine

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
Old 07-27-2008, 09:10 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlynch03 View Post
can someone help me? I've been in Bootlader mode since yesterday because I'm a nooob who doesnt know how to do all this stuff. Currently Im running Windows Vista so I do not have ActivSync I have Mobile Device Manager, is it okay to use this because in everyones instructions ActivSync is mentioned? Also can someone direct me step by step because I have downloaded everything from the PPC Kitchen to WinRAR and I still can not figure this out, Please HELP?
what's your status? I would start with flashing the official rom, just download the .exe & run it....doesnt get any easier. if you want a custom rom, you need to follow my instructions on post #1, run the 2.31 unlocker, then download the custom rom of your choice, get into bootloader mode, run the romupdateutility.exe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo381 View Post
By the way, I am having to use the Stock ROM just to get my internet working, which I hate cuase its bloated with software and only have 112mb free on my Device Memory. I really want a super clean ROM with just the essentials/normal WM6.1 software, even without the CUBE cause I dont use it, but that works with Sprint Service without that IOTA hiccup.

By the way, GREAT JOB OMJ for your dedication to these superb custom ROMS!

UPDATE: I just got it to work, I flashed the Official Stock ROM, Ran the PPST.CAB found here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24979 on the section that says GPS - HOW TO. and all the steps from:

4. Copy PPST_080407_7500_SPCS_2.03.sa.CAB to device and install.
5. Browse to the Windows folder and run PPST.exe. Soft reset when finished. (I DID NOT DO THIS STEP. PLUS, I SOFT RESET AFTER THE REST OF THE STEPS WERE COMPLETED, NOT AT THIS POINT YET!!!!!)
6. Copy Assisted GPS Hack.cab to device and install.
7. Copy Virsir_GPS.dll to Windows Folder.(You will need Resco Explorer in order to see the dll file on the device).

Then I soft reset it, made sure that internet was working.

Then I flashed the Generic Clean ROM and voila! It is working now.

The PPST.CAB I tried before was the one in the Windows directory which must have been different, but the one on the link up top did work.
This is why I recommend flashing the official rom 1st & letting the sprint customizations run (if you're w/ sprint).

I test of my roms b4 releasing & I have not had these issues. That info is outdated, PPST_080407_7500_SPCS_2.03.sa.CAB is not even the latest PPST from the official rom, the latest is PPST_080516_7500_SPCS_2.04.sa.CAB....anyways, there's no need to run this cab after flashing if you let customizations run....it is ran for you.

from the customizations command list....

Code:
TSK: \Windows\Htc.tsk
EXEC:\Windows\AddContacts.exe
CAB: \Windows\GetGL.CAB
CAB: \Windows\GroveMobile_pulgIn.sa_noUninstall.CAB
CAB: \Windows\SPCS GetOZ.CAB
CAB: \Windows\getmail.ppcwm5.Release.sprintmail_uninstall.CAB
CAB: \Windows\SprintTV_PPC_15x_01024_signed.CAB
CAB: \Windows\ondemand_6900_boot.arm.CAB
CAB: \Windows\WM6_PPC_HTCNaxos-2_Opera865_3071.cab
CAB: \Windows\sprint-navigation-htc-touchmr-2.0.16-noreboot.cab
CAB: \Windows\RestorePIE.cab
EXEC:\Windows\ChgScutAttri.exe
CAB: \Windows\Hidden.CAB
CAB: \Windows\PPST_080516_7500_SPCS_2.04.sa.CAB
XML: \Windows\RemovePrograms.xml
CAB: \Windows\SPCS_Todayplugin0527.CAB
XML: \Windows\MoveSrt.xml
EXEC:\Windows\PPST.exe
EXEC:\Windows\WriteDMData.exe
CFG: \Windows\config.txt
Old 07-27-2008, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & HTC Diamond

boxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good work

I flashed to the stock Sprint ROM, let it do customizations, etc, and ran IOTA. Re-installed the CLEAN OMJ rom, and was able to USE the internet, *BUT* if I go to RUN IOTA it fails (I can still use the net afterwards, guess because my username/pass were already stored), but I do know that from time to time the need TO use IOTA does come into play, and if it can't be used when it's needed, thats a concern.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

socalz71 is keeping up the good worksocalz71 is keeping up the good work

OMJ, I installed your V2 for Spring full and it seems buggy, meaning it will become really sluggish and sometimes freeze. I also noticed the GPS is inconsistent where as before it was always ready and locked in less than 30 sec. Now I have to soft-reset before I can get a lock. Other small issues that I did not see before with your version before the official release version. Would you recommend I reinstall the new ROM and than your again? The ROM overall I think is the best one out there. Thanks
Old 07-28-2008, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

cismo is a n00b

Does this rom include the tether fix?
Is there any wack to include some sort of auto time out for the internet connection to preserve battery live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
I also configure nueLED to disable all LED's except the charge LED.
will I still be able to have the phone flash when I missed a call or have an unread message?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
1% battery status is just that, your battery status will show in 1% increments instead of 10%.
is that also true for the battery icon showing on top of every page? I've seen some roms where they show you a percentage instead of that little icon that conveys little to no information about your battery.

Last edited by cismo; 07-28-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

socalz71 is keeping up the good worksocalz71 is keeping up the good work

I reinstalled the "official" rom and then installed OMJ v2 and everything so far seems to work. The test will be tomorrow, hopefully it doesn't hang up overnight.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:46 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermansr View Post
I flashed to the stock Sprint ROM, let it do customizations, etc, and ran IOTA. Re-installed the CLEAN OMJ rom, and was able to USE the internet, *BUT* if I go to RUN IOTA it fails (I can still use the net afterwards, guess because my username/pass were already stored), but I do know that from time to time the need TO use IOTA does come into play, and if it can't be used when it's needed, thats a concern.
for giggles, I ran IOTA, and sure enough it failed....error code 1012....did not affect my data, but I do see what ya mean.....there must be something in the sprint customizations that fixes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalz71 View Post
OMJ, I installed your V2 for Spring full and it seems buggy, meaning it will become really sluggish and sometimes freeze. I also noticed the GPS is inconsistent where as before it was always ready and locked in less than 30 sec. Now I have to soft-reset before I can get a lock. Other small issues that I did not see before with your version before the official release version. Would you recommend I reinstall the new ROM and than your again? The ROM overall I think is the best one out there. Thanks
yeah, I would try that....make sure when u flash the official, test it out for a bit for a comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cismo View Post
Does this rom include the tether fix?
Is there any wack to include some sort of auto time out for the internet connection to preserve battery live?

will I still be able to have the phone flash when I missed a call or have an unread message?

is that also true for the battery icon showing on top of every page? I've seen some roms where they show you a percentage instead of that little icon that conveys little to no information about your battery.
yes, it has the tether fix....I've heard of a data timeout, but never used it.....try searching the forum for it.

nueLED is not configured by default.....I turn them all off after flashing, but yes, you can configure it to leave the notification LED on.

my custom roms have the percentage....but regardless, when you view your battery status, it will show in 1% increments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalz71 View Post
I reinstalled the "official" rom and then installed OMJ v2 and everything so far seems to work. The test will be tomorrow, hopefully it doesn't hang up overnight.
cool. maybe you just had a bad flash the 1st time.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:49 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff

I'm toying w/ the idea of making a Diamond theme rom.....I don't know much about the Diamond, but I just checked it out @ HTC....looks pretty cool.

I also saw somes Diamond themes here on the forums, but I'm wondering which performs best....I've seen one based on Wisebar Advance, one based on Ultimate Launcher, and a SPB version.

Anyone try either of these?

Last edited by OMJ; 07-28-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Went out of Sprint area Saturday evening/Sunday morning, was able to voice roam and data roam........and tether w/my laptop using PDAnet.com..........however since Friday, my Touch was unable to "answer" incoming calls............had to call people back.......got tired of that and so I did a hard-reset last night and it seems fine now.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development