PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [UPDATED 9/30/08] v1.6 WDM's 2D Diamond ROM w/ UC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeas2 View Post
Thanks for the ROM! I dont like the XDA shortcut on the internet tab. Could you please post a regedit to remove it? Thanks!
As WDM already stated he is no longer supporting this ROM for the time being and has moved on to other projects - he may or may not assist with issues on this ROM

As for adding/editing things on the internet tab, here are the directions to do so yourself (this is the location, you will need to decide what to edit or remove yourself) :

Goto settings\today and unselect Touchflo, then with your fav regeditor...

HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2d\InternetWidget\Customiz ed
The Key 0 holds the info for the Youtube Program, change it if you want or...
1. Change CustomizedCount to 2. (Keep incrementing for each item you place on the page.)
2. Add a new key "1" (2,3, etc for each item you add)
3. In Key 1,
.... add string "CustomizedIcon" value=\windows\Earth.bmp ( I used HH_INTERNET_EARTH.bmp and resized it to 22*23 pixels and named it Earth.bmp)
.... add string "CustomizedTitle" value= "Internet Explorer"
.... add string "CustomizedURL" value= \Windows\iexplore.exe
.... add DWORD "NoDescription" value= 1 (dec)

Exit regeditor and then go to settings and reselect Touchflo

if you want to open the internet with a different browser such as Skyfire, IE, MiniMO or whatever follow the directions here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...284#post437284

Detroit Doug

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

elmariachi is keeping up the good workelmariachi is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr5755 View Post
I'm running the BellFullv1.6 with iGo8 version 8.0.0.41506, June 3 2008, and it works perfect.
Good to hear, I'm almost positive I have the June release but will double check when I get home tonight. Theres no way I could go with garmin or tomtom after using iGo so I hope I can get this to work.

Also, I'm having another problem were touchflo times out (or quits?) after my phone comes back from stand by it says "tap screen to start touchflo" every time. It didnt do that with V1.5, any ideas anyone?
Old 10-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb4ever View Post
Anybody still have v1.5 and willing to upload it to rapidshare or something ?

Thanks
Which version of 1.5? Clean or Full? Sprint, bell, verizon?

I have the 1.5 sprint clean and full if needed ..

Detroit Doug
Old 10-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
Good to hear, I'm almost positive I have the June release but will double check when I get home tonight. Theres no way I could go with garmin or tomtom after using iGo so I hope I can get this to work.

Also, I'm having another problem were touchflo times out (or quits?) after my phone comes back from stand by it says "tap screen to start touchflo" every time. It didnt do that with V1.5, any ideas anyone?
have heard of this issue with the timeout - go to SETTINGS>TODAY>ITEMS and uncheck the "today timeout"

The only other reason I could think of of Manila/Touchflo crashing or dropping out would be a memory issue like what was occuring with the audio mgr issue of a couple versions past but try that first and if it still occurs be more detailed as to what was the last item on screen, if music was running, etc and we can go from there to help correct the problem

Detroit Doug
Old 10-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Bell HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

tr5755 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid_Gypsy View Post
anyone have the 1.5 bell clean?
I'm uploading it for you know. I will post the link in a few minutes..

http://rapidshare.com/files/14997082...nv1.5.rar.html

Last edited by tr5755; 10-01-2008 at 10:10 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggy99 View Post
Good work on the clean rom. That is what it should be. With SW build changing so often, I would suggest that the Opera be removed so that people can install the new builds themselves.
having to understand one important item in this, Opera is hard-coded into Manila/Touchflo currently and cant be "removed" without breaking the UI right off the bat, BUT, there is a way to eliminate Opera yourself by fooling Manila/Touchflo into believing Opera is still there...

Step one - rename a COPY of IExplore.exe to OperaL.exe (will need a file manager total commander, resco file explorer, etc) to copy and paste elsewhere. (this also works with skyfire.exe or miniMO's executable)

Step 2 - Make sure you know what version of Opera is on your device or is with your custom ROM your using and download a copy of it to your storage card (or wherever) important its the same version or else youll end up with 2 icons and only 1 is functional

Step 3 - disable touchflo from SETTINGS>TODAY>ITEMS and then using your file manager of choice copy the OperaL.exe you made or downloaded from here to \windows

Step 4 - reintall Opera onto your storage card

Step 5 - go back into SETTINGS>TODAY>ITEMS and select Touchflo and close the settings pages and goto to your internet tab and test - IE should open up with Google.com as the default homepage

** if you are wanting to use skyfire or MiniMo then just rename the executables for those as you would for IE and follow the steps above and your all set

then after that you can then uninstall Opera completely as it will be listed in the "remove program settings", granted some files within \windows and the like will be orphaned but a good system tool can find those and clean those out reliably for you

Detroit Doug
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

socalz71 is keeping up the good worksocalz71 is keeping up the good work

Hello Everyone,

I have spring v1.5 and its great. Will try 1.6 but hate losing youtube. well see. One question I had was that it appears that data is always being transmitted and does not go to idle. Can you tell me if this is normal or if there is an application running in the background that I can eliminate. I have have closed all of the applciaitons via task mgr and cannot see what else to look for.

Thanks,
Old 10-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalz71 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have spring v1.5 and its great. Will try 1.6 but hate losing youtube. well see. One question I had was that it appears that data is always being transmitted and does not go to idle. Can you tell me if this is normal or if there is an application running in the background that I can eliminate. I have have closed all of the applciaitons via task mgr and cannot see what else to look for.

Thanks,
This seems to be a common concern - from all Ive read here and over on XDA, its seems to be a conflict with the dialer, no data is known to be transmitting anywhere it just shows the graphic as if it were

there has been a ROM or two with this corrected but the ROMS are not that good (at least for me) so I avoid them.

Detroit Doug
Old 10-01-2008, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

apeas2 is just getting started

Thanks Detroit Doug for giving me the reg keys to remove XDA from the Internet widget. For thos of you Sprint FULL people, 1.6 has you tube in the prgram list, not on the IE widget although DD just explained how to put it back.....Youtube is silky smooth on sprint 1.6 FULL
Old 10-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc

glbellic is a n00b

Thanx for posting the bell version I love it. I was woundering if this rom has teathering? If so how does it work? Is it a for sure that bell wont be able to track me internet use?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development