PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 05:32 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Carrier Kitchen's & Roms 4 Alltel/Bell/Sprint -=rstoyguy's=- updated 9/07/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState87 View Post
Those were the first things I tried and made sure of. GPS still doesn't work. GPS Viewer acts as if I don't even have a COM with GPS.
okay i am flashing to the rom now, i will play with it and let you know what i can find out.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Carrier Kitchen's & Roms 4 Alltel/Bell/Sprint/Telus -=rstoyguy's=- updated 9/0

RSToyGuy, have you tried doing this in the PPCkitchen? It was tailor made for the problem you are solving. Should make your life a ton easier, as well as everyone elses.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

schteve is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to schteve Send a message via MSN to schteve
Re: Carrier Kitchen's & Roms 4 Alltel/Bell/Sprint/Telus -=rstoyguy's=- updated 9/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I've been looking for a stock rom or a phone dump. If you know of a link, if not this next weekend I'll make a "generic" rom and add the Verizon carrier stuff from the ppckitchen... It won't be nearly the same as the other rom's I'm doing that way...

edit: It's not quite the same doing it this way compared to those using ppckitchen. I'll see if I can't whip something up by tomorrow for those I don' t have a stock link to...
From this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=19071

http://rapidshare.com/files/10745929...RUU_signed.rar
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:27 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
RSToyGuy, have you tried doing this in the PPCkitchen? It was tailor made for the problem you are solving. Should make your life a ton easier, as well as everyone elses.
Yes it would be easier, but as Tom Hanks exclaimed in the movie Cast Away, "... Look what I have created, I have made Fire! Look what I have created...." I don't have a burning palm to wave in the air, and it's no way tested since I don't have these devices, but just a sense of accomplishment. And don't laugh, but something to compete with the ppckitchen... lol I guess your not gonna fall for that one uh?

Old 09-08-2008, 11:41 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Thanks schteve! Do you happen to know if this NBH will work with the 2.31 unlocker, and the new radios?

Just before I proceed...

Thanks in advance! (or any other verizon users out there....)
Old 09-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Thanks schteve! Do you happen to know if this NBH will work with the 2.31 unlocker, and the new radios?
No, it won't.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: unTOUCHable
Carrier: vzw

willmatic08 is just getting started
Talking Re: Carrier Kitchen's & Roms 4 Alltel/Bell/Sprint/Telus -=rstoyguy's=- updated 9/0

Quote:
I've been looking for a stock rom or a phone dump. If you know of a link, if not this next weekend I'll make a "generic" rom and add the Verizon carrier stuff from the ppckitchen... It won't be nearly the same as the other rom's I'm doing that way...

edit: It's not quite the same doing it this way compared to those using ppckitchen. I'll see if I can't whip something up by tomorrow for those I don' t have a stock link to...
THANKS BRO!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 01:08 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Here are some updates that you all may enjoy...

Added More carriers!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
RSTG_Generic_OEM_V1.09.10
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Alltell - Bell - Cellular South - Cricket - IUSA Cell - Quest
Sprint - Telecom NZ - Telus - US Cellular - Verizon

(Thanks to the ppckitchen folks, sorta borrowed from them)
Updated my thoughts...scary....in post #2....

Enjoy!

Last edited by rstoyguy; 09-09-2008 at 01:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:37 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

okay it looks like from first glace that everything is stock like you have stated, well the alltel update that this rom is based off of is only WM 6.0, and did not include the GPS drivers that the other ROM updates have included. You could try adding those 3 driver files to OEMDRIVERS.

Okay nevermind, looking deeper into all of it i can see that is not the case.

I ran into this a while ago where it would not open the GPS port, I cant think of what i did, let me play with this and try and get it fixed.

Last edited by conflipper; 09-09-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:42 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
okay it looks like from first glace that everything is stock like you have stated, well the alltel update that this rom is based off of is only WM 6.0, and did not include the GPS drivers that the other ROM updates have included. You could try adding those 3 driver files to OEMDRIVERS.
Got a link to the latest release rom with the drivers? This one is off the HTC website. I could redo it easily enough, and thanks for helping out!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development