PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 10:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Alltel ROM

Now that the Alltel ROM is now available could we use this to build a Verizon kitchen. I have flashed the Alltel ROM, and without letting the customizations run I am still able to use Verizon with no issues.

I would b e glad to work through this.

Steve
Old 10-09-2008, 07:57 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: New Alltel ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Now that the Alltel ROM is now available could we use this to build a Verizon kitchen. I have flashed the Alltel ROM, and without letting the customizations run I am still able to use Verizon with no issues.

I would b e glad to work through this.

Steve
Sure, I can update the Altell kitchen. I'll get it out when I can with all the modifications as the others.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:02 AM
VIP Member

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Re: New Alltel ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Sure, I can update the Altell kitchen. I'll get it out when I can with all the modifications as the others.
Is there anyway to strip out the Alltel componentry and then cook up the VZW custuomizations into this? Or is this all a pipe dream until VZW releases their own ROM?
Old 10-09-2008, 08:08 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Carrier Kitchen's & Roms - v1.4 ..... updated 9/28/08

What I can do is complete the Alltel rom, then see what happens when I drop in the verizon stuff. But verizon is sorta crippled since they do not release their roms... So when you flashed the new alltel rom, did you have to run the verizon carrier cab? Or are you running it as is?
Old 10-09-2008, 09:46 AM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

If you need the carrier cab files here they are. Download the verizon one and run that, it should help. just make sure you dont let the alltel customizer run and you should be fine.

http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?dir=carriers%2F
Old 10-09-2008, 10:20 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
If you need the carrier cab files here they are. Download the verizon one and run that, it should help. just make sure you dont let the alltel customizer run and you should be fine.

http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?dir=carriers%2F
Did I say Carrier Cab? I meant to say carrier OEM. I completed most of the new alltel rom this morning. I still have to clean up the provisioning files, and seperate the cube and camera. But once I'm finished, I'll drop in the verizon carrier OEM and I'll upload it for everyone's pleasure!

Also I'm thinking about making an option for this kitchen where users can either select a diamond skin or a windows vista skin....That's something in the works...
Old 10-09-2008, 12:19 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
What I can do is complete the Alltel rom, then see what happens when I drop in the verizon stuff. But verizon is sorta crippled since they do not release their roms... So when you flashed the new alltel rom, did you have to run the verizon carrier cab? Or are you running it as is?
I did not run the customizations, nor did I have to run a VZW carrier OEM. I just hit *22899 and it configured the phone and all was good.

Look forward to seeing the VZW version of the new Alltel ROM.

Steve
Old 10-09-2008, 03:18 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
I did not run the customizations, nor did I have to run a VZW carrier OEM. I just hit *22899 and it configured the phone and all was good.

Look forward to seeing the VZW version of the new Alltel ROM.

Steve
Ok, then this should work. What I have done in this series is disabled carrier customizations and replaced it with UserCustomization. So it should be good. I hope to finish it up tonight depending on when I get off work.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:59 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Ok, then this should work. What I have done in this series is disabled carrier customizations and replaced it with UserCustomization. So it should be good. I hope to finish it up tonight depending on when I get off work.
Very cool. I would be happy to test.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:50 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Updated Alltel to latest release:

RUU_Vogue_4350_ALLTEL_WWE_3.10.671.1_RS3.42.30_NV2 .02_PRL30031_SHIP.exe

RSTG_Alltel_NBH_v1.45

RSTG_Alltel_OEM_v1.45

-- RSTG xxx v1.45 ------------- 10/10/2008
- Upgraded Alltel with the latest rom release....done.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 10-10-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development