PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: XIP Porting GUIDE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
You're not seriously going to try and demonstrate your xip porting mastery to me a second time, are you? I read your instructions - I can infer what you know and where you learned from that. Trust me, you don't know what you're talking about and the only xip you could port is a trivial one.
ok "Guru" you win. Your the "Master" happy? Do you feel better about yourself now that you have brought others down? Can you sleep well tonight? Hope so.

CFay TP2 Port ROM! Check it out!
Changed my name from fayfay392 to CFay!

Last edited by CFay; 08-14-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayfay392 View Post
ok "Guru" you win. Your the "Master" happy?
He revolutionized how roms are built & coded the core application we use to build roms (buildos) so yeah, I'd say that qualifies him as having mastered this. mmkay pumpkin?

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
He revolutionized how roms are built & coded the core application we use to build roms (buildos) so yeah, I'd say that qualifies him as having mastered this. mmkay pumpkin?
lol im leaving i dont havt time for your imaturity, ive never claimed to know more or less than anyone i simply was trying to help a friend. Have a nice day all.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Gentlemen Please,

I am a Noob who can work with the Kitchen and edit the registry and a few other things of minor import.

I am also one of those people who likes to have the newest and latest things.

I do, however have an Apache, which is neither of those things.

It can, however be given new life by updating the OS. I have used the kitchen to upgrade to 6.5 21501 for which I am very thankful to all!

I understand that all of this is extremely complex and delicate work, which means that I must rely on all of your combined expertise to upgrade the phone.

There are many people on the Vogue Section who are upgrading their phones, but there seem to be none working in the Apache Section on the latest OSs.

For that reason, I asked Whosdaman how I could use the Vogue updates to make my Apache current. His response was that everything would work in the kitchen if I just "ported the XIP!" Now, I am sure that this was very obvious to him, but "Greek" to me!

If "porting" is too complex for the Noobs to try, then it would be most appreciated if someone would do this for us. I know that there are lots of Apache users out there who are upgrading their phones with the latest builds, so maybe one of them could "port" for us Noobs when the new stuff comes out, so we can use the Kitchen on our phones.

I can follow instructions for putting things here and there in the Kitchen, but I probably can not create the "things" and for that I am begging for help!

Thanks to all!

Any help would be greatly Appreciated.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

try this 23004 xip and see if it works goes into Apache_core.rar\rom then you have to edit textfile in \PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Projects\Groups\DeviceBase s\idunnowhatitscalled.txt to point to new xip file

if this works ill teach you how to port the xip over to your device
Attached Files
File Type: rar Apache_23004.rar (1,002.6 KB, 0 views) Click for barcode!

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development