PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Father of the Treo Pro
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: XIP Porting GUIDE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeurx View Post
one suggestion, the start of the second XIP may not always be 0x00320000, instead search for the HEX string "FE 03 00 EA 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00", there will be two of these HEX strings (One for the first XIP and one for the second XIP) and will signify the beginning of an XIP. one tool that is suppose to automate the extraction process is XIPTools http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14952 but i have yet to get it to work with the vogue, well really haven't tried to hard, and have lost the source

Edit: I also always have a problem with porting an XIP, "ERROR! Unknown o32 region flags: d0000040"...
That suggestion is correct, but i have yet to find a tool that will extract a XIP FULLY, just doesnt exist for the Vogue. Also, your region flags error IGNORE it it still locks it, it just doesnt reconize our device modules as the tools are older..

CFay TP2 Port ROM! Check it out!
Changed my name from fayfay392 to CFay!
Old 08-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: Verizon

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayfay392 View Post
XIP Porting Guide:

THIS IS A QUICKLY TYPED VERSION, WILL ELABORATE and add pictures later..
DONT COPY WITHOUT PERMISSION!

Preamble:
OK first things first, I have searched from one end of the internet to the other and in the procress gathered this information and I would like to share it and keep it in one spot so others don’t have to search and guess like I did.

Tools:
XIP PORT TOOL KIT (will be in my topic for download)
HEX Workshop Hex Editor: Download
Base Rom, I used the Newest Official Sprint 6.1 Rom (RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.4_2_Radio_3.42 .30_AM_NV_2.04_Ship WARRANTY)
Rom for Porting, I used the newest RUU from the Diamond (RUU_Diamond_HTC_WWE-ME_1.93.456.2_Radio_Signed_Diamond_52.29.25.12_1.0 0.25.05_Ship)

Not save all the file to desktop
Process:
Now that you have you tools and files and have installed HEX Workshop let’s begin!

First Extract the XIP PORT TOOL KIT and rename it to XIP BASE. After extracting it, right click on the official Vogue sprint rom and click “Open With Winrar”. Once opened in Winrar find the largest .nbh file (in this case it is named 2.nbh) and extract it to you XIP BASE folder on your desktop.

Now let’s extract the XIP from this rom!
Ok, now you want to open your command prompt and type “cd C:\Users\YOURNAME\Desktop\XIP BASE”
Now that you’re in that folder in the command prompt, type “NBHextract 2.nbh”
This will leave you with several .nb files, the only one we are conserned with is the 04_OS.nb file. Please rename 04_OS.nb to OS.nb.

Now in command prompt type “NBSplit –kaiser OS.nb”
Now you will have and OS.nb, Os.nb.extra, and OS.nb.payload files!

Finally we are getting somewhere! Now in command prompt, type “imgfsfromnb os.nb.payload imgfs.bin” and NOTE the Starting location of the IMGFS partition (in this case 0x00680000)

Now we need to open HEX Workshop and open the os.nb.payload file.
Now type CTRL, G and type 00680000, this will bring you to this location, now while holding down shift, press end on your keyboard and then delete. (an error will come up ignore and delete!)

Now press CTRL, G again and type 00320000 and it will bring you to this location, the while holding down shift press the home key on your keyboard. Press delete and ignore errors.

NOW, Save FILE AS XIP.bin!

Do these exact steps for you new XIP too!

Porting:
Now that you have to XIPS, we need to port them!
In you XIP BASE folder, open the tool XIPPort.exe. Now press “dump xip.bin” then “write maps”
Now press “make pkgs”

Now navigate into your newly created OUT folder and go to the FILES subdirectory and MOVE everything but OEMXIPKernel folder to your desktop and create a file called XIP ORIG.
Now Navigate to the MODULES subdirectory and MOVE all the folder except the OEMXIPKernel folder to XIP ORG folder on your desktop.

NOW, in your NEW XIP folder Dump your XIP, write maps, make pkgs.
Navigate to the FILES and MODULES subdirectory and DELETE everything BUT the MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelTK folders.

NOW, move over the MSXIPKernel folder to their corresponding directories in the XIP BASE folder.

Rellocing:
Now open M’Reloc.exe TWICE. On the first M’Reloc click “Choose Module” and start from the first module in the XIP ORIG folder on your desktop. Now on the second M’Reloc.exe click “Choose Module” and choose SAME module you did on the first M’Reloc.
The whole purpose of this tool is to make the .dll’s from your XIP ORIG folder match your NEW XIP .dll’s. Go through each .dll and make them match your original values.

!!** PLEASE NOTE: hdd.ll and and osaxst0.dll are device specific, and cant be changed. DELETE these files along with their corresponding .txt files. ALSO don’t mess with the .exe files they don’t need to be changed nor will they change if you try.**!!

Now that there matching, leave the M’Reloc tool from XIP ORIG open and start from the beginning .dll file and while this is open, open the folder of that .dll and open the imageinfo.txt from the folder and change the V= (e32_vbase) and D= (o32[1].o32_realaddr) to match what M’Reloc says.

Now that all the text files are matching, open XIPPort.exe again and click “undo”, then “realloc P” and then, “write maps”

Now navigate to your OUT folder and open MAP.txt and look through it for “!!!!!!” if you find these make shure you M’Relloc’ed your modules correctly!

If you find no “!!!!”, then your good to go, now press “build xip_out.bin” on XIPPort.exe.

Now in the box that says “00310000” type “00320000” and in the box that says “nk.nb”, type “os.nb.payload”

Now, in command prompt dump the new os.nb.payload into the os.nb using NBMerge.exe, then rebuild the NBH using nbhgen.

WILL UPDATE MORE LATER!
Nice to see you giving credit to those who helped you get that done.

ROM's
OEM's
CAB's

If something is password protected do not ask for the password as you will not get it. If you do not already know it you are not supposed to.

Remember to give thanks to those owed.......
no2chem - GGuruUSA - naigaman - Colonel - Tiermann - ImCoKeMan - helmi - dcd - luv2chill

Without all of whom none of this would be possible.

Donate to me!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayfay392 View Post
That suggestion is correct, but i have yet to find a tool that will extract a XIP FULLY, just doesnt exist for the Vogue. Also, your region flags error IGNORE it it still locks it, it just doesnt reconize our device modules as the tools are older..
when i get a chance ill try to redo XIPTools

Old 08-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor

What a complete and total tool. I'd agree with Nex that you are a piece of trash for not acknowledging all the help our senior members gave you, spoon feeding you information, but after reading your "guide" I'm glad you didn't associate them with this steaming pile of sh**.

This pathetic attempt at a guide doesn't cover half of what you should know before working with XIP. You should not be writing a guide instructing others when you are a complete novice (tool) yourself.

Also, there is a reason why we haven't made XIP guides readily available to the average Joe. It isn't something everyone should be doing. You can easily irreparably damage a device doing it.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
one suggestion, the start of the second XIP may not always be 0x00320000, instead search for the HEX string "FE 03 00 EA 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00", there will be two of these HEX strings (One for the first XIP and one for the second XIP) and will signify the beginning of an XIP.
No. That doesn't signify the beginning of a xip. That's why no one says to do it that way.

Quote:
one tool that is suppose to automate the extraction process is XIPTools http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14952 but i have yet to get it to work with the vogue, well really haven't tried to hard, and have lost the source
The source is not available and that was designed for WM5.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh

I really hope that the ROMs you are releasing as well as this guide were NOT done here within the recent week or two. I'd really hate to have to copy/paste a conversation into this thread. I think it would SURPRISE a lot of people.

Verizon's (CDMA) PPC-6875 (Rhodium_W/Touch Pro2) with WM6.5

Chat Rooms:
EliteTeam: Java or IRC Client
HTCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client

Click here to donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team
Old 08-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: Verizon

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennysh View Post
I really hope that the ROMs you are releasing as well as this guide were NOT done here within the recent week or two. I'd really hate to have to copy/paste a conversation into this thread. I think it would SURPRISE a lot of people.
DO IT DO IT DO IT

It's hilarious.....
Old 08-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHarvey View Post
It's a sad thing that Yay 4 Juggs is so against stickies these days as this thread is going to become very popular very fast and really should be stickied.
Um, no, it shouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHarvey View Post
Thanks for the tutorial. Can't wait for the "Elaborated Photographed" version.
You don't have to. LennySh posted a translated chinese xip porting for idiots guide, complete with pictures at (HTCGeeks.com). I'd use that tutorial over FayFay's.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennysh View Post
The xda posts where DCD asks him if he knows how to do hex arithmetic are the best! I can't imagine what you went through with him in your 1-on-1 session.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
The xda posts where DCD asks him if he knows how to do hex arithmetic are the best! I can't imagine what you went through with him in your 1-on-1 session.
Ok first of all, I typed these instruction in about 10 minutes to HELP a FRIEND from the original thread on xda-developers, Which i will save you the trouble of linking yourself http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=414778 Here. It was 1 am in the morning and i didnt think to add in people who helped me as I have linked from these forums to my thread on xda SEVERAL times. I guess I was wrong in the since for not doing that and im sorry if someone was offended by this. I NEVER claimed this information to be my own, nor did I say i knew this all from the start. The name calling and trying to bring me down is plain ****ing childish if you ask me. I wasnt even going to publish this to begin with but i decided I would post this to help some of the other novices out there like myself who had a hard time with this. ok Here we go: I got the info from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=414778, and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ht=XIP+porting . These are my 2 any only sources. SORRY for not linking these before. I simply wanted all of this information to be in one spot to help others. Now if you want to continue to call names and try to make yourself superior or seem better go ahead i could care LESS. BTW this is not pointed at one particular person but the group that decided it was kool to call names and critisize me.
Have a nice day,
Chris
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development