PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to denasqu
Re: Tutorial: Adding Registry Entries to your Rom (RGU Method)

Okay, now I do have a question...

I think I've got a handle on adding and changing registry entries but can you delete registry entries when you cook a ROM?

I want to get rid of the Cube in my ROM and I figure I can just set EnableCube = 0 but I'm curious about whether I could just clean up the unnecessary registry entries since I'll be deleting the related files anyway.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:16 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
Okay, now I do have a question...

I think I've got a handle on adding and changing registry entries but can you delete registry entries when you cook a ROM?

I want to get rid of the Cube in my ROM and I figure I can just set EnableCube = 0 but I'm curious about whether I could just clean up the unnecessary registry entries since I'll be deleting the related files anyway.
Yes you can...

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Inbox\Settin gs]

Add a "-" after the bracket to delete that key. You can zero values, but I have only seen keys deleted.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:03 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Yes you can...

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Inbox\Settin gs]

Add a "-" after the bracket to delete that key. You can zero values, but I have only seen keys deleted.
It appears that the delete mechansim only works for that key, if there aren't any sub-keys present.

Can you confirm or am I doing something wrong?

For example, I want to completely remove all of the existing internet favorites and insert mine ... in an OEM, using RGU.

I was hoping to use the following, with the desired result that this key and every sub-key would be removed / deleted. This is not happening.

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FavoritesEntries]

So, with PPCKitchen, I would need to use:

Code:
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FavoritesEntries\AccuWeather]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FavoritesEntries\Sprint Power Deck]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FavoritesEntries\NFL Mobile]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FavoritesEntries\Windows Mobile Extras]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FavoritesEntries\WindowsMedia.com]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FavoritesEntries\Windows Live]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FavoritesEntries\Explore Windows Mobile]
Actually, I am rebuilding now, but if it doesn't work I am hoping to get a head start on the proper approach. Without using provxml.

Best regards,
-boggsie

EDIT 1: I wanted to ask for a favor: Can you drop the latest version of the program you linked to above in your ftp folder here at geeks? I can't get to rapidshare for a couple of days and I forgot to put this on my SD card. Thanks for your consideration.

Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=390846
Prog: http://rapidshare.com/files/13014198...v0.7.85.PE.rar

EDIT 2: Hrm ... the "[- ]" I tried above didn't work. I wonder if you have to do that for each key value and then for the key?

Last edited by boggsie; 09-18-2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:36 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

You may also try the provxml way, I think it also works on that key/value only...

<!--
<nocharacteristic type="HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\HTCHomep lug" />
-->
<nocharacteristic type="HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\Pocket MSN" />

Here is the link: SDConfig.Builder.v0.7.85.PE
Old 09-18-2008, 09:18 AM
b00nsquad

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
You may also try the provxml way, I think it also works on that key/value only...

<!--
<nocharacteristic type="HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\HTCHomep lug" />
-->
<nocharacteristic type="HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\Pocket MSN" />

Here is the link: SDConfig.Builder.v0.7.85.PE
Thank you again for the help with SDConfig.Builder !

... and it looks like I am back to using provxml, at least for internet shortcuts / favorites

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=16

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 11-14-2008, 04:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

thanks rstoyguy! great info man
Old 12-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Lurker

fychan is a n00b

Hi There I'm trying very hard to disable the "Unknown Publisher" security warnings whenever i try to run a CAB or EXE.

Basically, I have did some reading... its related to the HKLM\Comm\Security\Policies\Policies\* settings.

I have converted the registries that I would like to install into a SecuityPolicies.provxml and added the followng entries into config.txt to get autorun to import into the device's registry.... but it failed...

XML: \Storage Card\CABS\SecurityPolies.provxml

Please advice... I really want to get this working so as to have an unattended autorun setup on my device.

Any experienced cook around...... please tell me how to disable this warning

regards
FY....
Old 12-20-2008, 09:41 PM
b00nsquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fychan View Post
Hi There I'm trying very hard to disable the "Unknown Publisher" security warnings whenever i try to run a CAB or EXE.

Basically, I have did some reading... its related to the HKLM\Comm\Security\Policies\Policies\* settings.

I have converted the registries that I would like to install into a SecuityPolicies.provxml and added the followng entries into config.txt to get autorun to import into the device's registry.... but it failed...

XML: \Storage Card\CABS\SecurityPolies.provxml

Please advice... I really want to get this working so as to have an unattended autorun setup on my device.

Any experienced cook around...... please tell me how to disable this warning

regards
FY....
I would imagine that the "XML:" tag works if used correctly, but I never got it to work for me, either.

What I do (on Windows XP) is rename the *.provxml file to setup.xml (SecurityPolicies.provxml -> setup.xml) and then use makecab.exe to put the xml into an installable cab file.

at a command prompt: makecab _setup.xml SecurityPolicies.cab

Then it should run ... if the provxml is not correct, it will throw an error when you try to run it on the ppc.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 12-20-2008, 10:08 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

I got it to work for me using "XML: \windows\regist_ry.xml" . I never tried the extionsion .provxml. You can also name the file something like "mxip_MySecurity_Off_100.provxml", cook it into your rom and windows should run it on start up.

Of course keep in mind, one little syntax error in your xml code and the whole xml/provxml file is bad and won't execute anything. For that, I nominate Boggsie! You might want to share and post the file, we can check it for you...
Old 02-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Just want to say THANK YOU Thank you thank you thank you. Here is a pure result of all your tutorials http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...375#post602375

Last edited by vin255764; 03-03-2009 at 02:00 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development