PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO
Carrier: sprint

stangdriver52000 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official HTC Touch Rom IS Here Folks!

Lol... nevermind, I did have data guard turned off, but I did not have the "allow roaming" box checked. wow I feel dumb
Old 07-22-2008, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

osmany21 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to osmany21

Alright has anyone found a fix for this text and notifications going silent problem. Its driving me up the wall. I change it back in the setting and after a while and a few texts later it goes silent again. It happened in the .2 version and now on the official release. There is only 2 things that i think could be triggering/conflicting with it cuz I installed these 2 thing shortly before.
1. opera 9.5 beta
2 the 6 tab today quick launch.

If anyone has any ideas let me know. I searched around and found others are having this problem.

osmany21
Old 07-22-2008, 10:06 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I read some where it has to do with opera 9.5, it's a known bug, I took opera of and it worked for me. Hope that Helps.

Thanks T M Z

P.S I did a few hard resets to.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND, Hero on way
Carrier: SPRINT

DREXLERMAC is a n00b

I have skyfire on my touch with new sprint rom . Since I loaded that on , the skyfire browser wants to fire itself up and drains my battery down . I put it on key lock to see if that stops it. Anyone else notice this . It did it every once in a while with dh's rom , but now it does it every day. Any thoughts ?
Old 07-23-2008, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

bean373 is keeping up the good workbean373 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
I've always wondered why anyone would want to "Roam Only" or force it, or whatever... I can understand "Sprint Only," to avoid roaming charges... but what benefits to you get from the reverse?

As mentioned many times:

1. If you have bad Sprint coverage, ROAMING ONLY is necessary/great so you won't have to complain about DROP CALLS or not getting any signal at all. With most Sprint plans, roaming is included at no extra cost.
2. If you do not have Sprint EVDO coverage in your area then you can use ROAMING ONLY to pick up EVDO coverage from ALLTEL or other carriers.

Last edited by bean373; 07-23-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO

stangdriver52000 is just getting started

sometimes even when i get sprint's evdo, I switch to roam only and alltel's is faster.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

anyone willing to post a .nbh so i can update without my laptop. i'm on vacation, but can't wait to try this out.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcatnat View Post
I noticed this afternoon that it just stopped "pushing" my emails. I did a manual send/receive and it's been fine ever since. I am not sure what caused it but it was the first time since I flashed on Saturday that it happened. Four hours later it's still working fine.
I have notice problems with Active Sync too. Before upgrading to this ROM, everything was fine. Then, my email stopped coming through. Apparently there was an issue with mail2web (which I use) that required me to uncheck SSL. That seems to allow emails to get pushed through.

But now I cannot send mail - I hit "Send" and nothing happens, the email sits in my Outbox unless I go into Active Sync and hit "Sync". Tnen it will go through and send the emails I tried to send by hitting send. I check the box in Active Sync options that says send email when I hit send (or something to that effect. I unchecked it and check it again and still no dice.

The "Send/Receive" option in my mail box is greyed out and does not do anything when I hit Send/Receive.

Anyone having this problem? This only started happening when I put the new Sprint Touch ROM on my Sprint Touch. Very frustrating.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch!

ObviousMan is just getting started

OK, I got some weird behavior to report after the flash with official ROM. 1st time I did not pay much attention, but it happened 3-4 times since then. Here it goes:
After the phone is unlocked with password the green button would do nothing at all (instead of showing the last call and keypad). If you go to the dialer by clicking the today screen icon, you get the dialer, but portions of the screen where the last call suppose to show is all white. Then you dial the call is fine.
If you get a call after that, once it is finished you get a bunch of error messages about a program terminated unexpectedly (did not write down the name, starts with c) and sending crash data to MS. Once you clear these error messages(3-4), everything seems to work fine. This seems to happen if after soft reset or cold power on after which you do not use the device and let it lock itself, but not every time... Not a show stopper by any means, just mid-level annoyance.
Any suggestions?
OM
Old 07-24-2008, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

fishdood12 is a n00b

Ok so my text msg was going silent also and I had installed opera 9.5 beta and now I uninstalled it and have not had the problem in a few days. So it must be a problem with Opera....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development