PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Video Drivers Consolidated collection(most do not work on our phones) need porting!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32185)

DHarvey 07-17-2008 11:53 AM

Video Drivers Consolidated collection(most do not work on our phones) need porting!!

1 Attachment(s)
I have, in a zip below, a "Goodie Bag" so to speak.

I need brave downloaders and testers and I need people to post any results of their tests.

chicubs3794 07-17-2008 11:55 AM

Re: Goodie Bag

im in.
EDIT: what exactly do these drivers do?
i wanna know before i potentially brick my phone.

scuccia 07-17-2008 12:01 PM

sure. downloaded, waiting for instructions.

jlechner 07-17-2008 12:11 PM

count me in, hope i don't brick. that would blow.

jlechner 07-17-2008 12:12 PM

hey, wait a min, you found something didn't you??? Where the hell at?

PapaDocta 07-17-2008 12:27 PM

waiting for instructions !!

DHarvey 07-17-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlechner (Post 350461)
hey, wait a min, you found something didn't you??? Where the hell at?

Found it all at XDA. Easy to find if you look hard enough. Not sure if they can or will work for our Vogues and don't know how to use them. Just thought I would post em all here for everyone to mess with.

rstoyguy 07-17-2008 12:38 PM

Video drivers... What device are these from? And is it the same chipset as the vogue?

DHarvey 07-17-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 350507)
Video drivers... What device are these from? And is it the same chipset as the vogue?

Don't know. They were found at XDA.

EDIT:

This is where my search started:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=339745

Balkar 07-17-2008 12:42 PM

On which forum did you grab them? Was it a device forum or hacking and development?

DHarvey 07-17-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balkar (Post 350515)
On which forum did you grab them? Was it a device forum or hacking and development?

A combination of both. The thread I mentioned a few posts up contains the original downloads and it is in the Kaiser General forum.

rstoyguy 07-17-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dharvey4651 (Post 350531)
A combination of both. The thread I mentioned a few posts up contains the original downloads and it is in the Kaiser General forum.

So we have no idea whether or not these drivers would even work on our chipset? Just stuff you collected...OK.

jlechner 07-17-2008 12:57 PM

you should add these to the bounty forum.

Balkar 07-17-2008 01:11 PM

I dont think the kaiser uses the same chipset the vogue does, actually, i,m pretty 100% sure it doesnt use the same quallcom chip

jlechner 07-17-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balkar (Post 350564)
I dont think the kaiser uses the same chipset the vogue does, actually, i,m pretty 100% sure it doesnt use the same quallcom chip

What he says on the next post....

DHarvey 07-17-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balkar (Post 350564)

It doesn't. It uses the 7200 chip and ours uses the 7500 chip. I was just talking about if the drivers could be modified. AND, not all of those drivers were originally made for the Kaiser either.

jlechner 07-17-2008 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm reading that freakin thread backwards, way bloated.

also here are the diamond dll's, don't know if they will help any.

Balkar 07-17-2008 01:20 PM

SBR_L3GION needs to get his hands on these.

DHarvey 07-17-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balkar (Post 350583)
SBR_L3GION needs to get his hands on these.

Just dropped him a PM.

SBR_L3GION 07-17-2008 01:30 PM

thank you for finding these i was still messing around with the ones directly from the diamond. i should have my laptop in front of me for quite awhile today so im pretty sure ill be able to do some good quality work but who knows while on the road. also i will keep you all updated as to my progress. it should be easier to mess around with these since these devices are so similar. i havent to much time to do to much development but i have nine hours of open road in front of me today and tht time is lookin real promising.

Balkar 07-17-2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION (Post 350601)
thank you for finding these i was still messing around with the ones directly from the diamond. i should have my laptop in front of me for quite awhile today so im pretty sure ill be able to do some good quality work but who knows while on the road. also i will keep you all updated as to my progress. it should be easier to mess around with these since these devices are so similar. i havent to much time to do to much development but i have nine hours of open road in front of me today and tht time is lookin real promising.

your the man !

jlechner 07-17-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION (Post 350601)

I wish I could be as awesome as you..... sigh

varunb007 07-17-2008 02:48 PM

http://www.htcclassaction.org/driver...ate_20080717_1

wow, progress... i wonder if those tytn ii drivers can be ported to vogue. anyone know if that's possible or if we could use the same cab as tytn ii?

jon6535 07-17-2008 06:42 PM

so has anybody tried the drivers, im just wondering, if not, i may try them anyways

jlechner 07-17-2008 10:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like htcclassaction.org made some progress:

These drivers require a Kaiser (TyTN II) and a ROM based on the official HTC WM 6.1 update!. Exactly which ROMs are compatible is not yet known. We have tested this on multiple Kaisers, but all of them were running Dutty's Diamond V1 ROM. It is extremely unlikely that these files will work out-of-the-box on any other MSM7x00 based device (at this time).

Here is the cab: FOR KAISER ONLY, DO NOT PUT ON YOUR VOGUE, PERIOD.

jlechner 07-18-2008 09:56 AM

Re: Video Drivers Consolidated collection(most do not work on our phones) need portin

hey harvey, you know that open_gl stuff, well on the new rom they have a GetGL.cab that runs during customization. Think that could be anything new?

DHarvey 07-18-2008 10:53 AM

Re: Video Drivers Consolidated collection(most do not work on our phones) need portin

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlechner (Post 351863)
hey harvey, you know that open_gl stuff, well on the new rom they have a GetGL.cab that runs during customization. Think that could be anything new?

Good question. I'm going to download it and test it out

m3Jorge 07-18-2008 11:25 AM

The GetGL.cab in the SPrint Room is in refrence to Good Link (Get Good Link) and not OpenGL unfortunately... just thought I'd point that out...

:)

tmorris52 07-18-2008 11:36 AM

What will the video drivers do for our phones? I read alot about it bu there has not been a reason for why anyone would want it or what it would do. Thanks to whom ever answers my question.

DHarvey 07-18-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmorris52 (Post 352001)
What will the video drivers do for our phones? I read alot about it bu there has not been a reason for why anyone would want it or what it would do. Thanks to whom ever answers my question.

Short answer is they would provide both 2D and 3D hardware acceleration.

This will improve:

UI responsiveness
Battery life
Performance
Video Playback
Gaming

You see there's just a few reasons someone might want these drivers.

jlechner 07-18-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmorris52 (Post 352001)

It will make them into transformers.

No, but it will make video playback better, and it is supposed to give us a huge perfomance upgrade if we get them (from what I have heard).

some 07-18-2008 12:28 PM

Basically all driver dll's I've seen around here are completely useless and will do nothing.
As far as the benefits are concerned, I can say that the Samsung i760 has the proper drivers loaded and is the fastest windows mobile device I've used. It blazes through every operation with ease. It takes milliseconds to do what my Touch takes seconds to do.

DHarvey 07-18-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by some (Post 352083)
Basically everythin I've seen is completely useless and will do nothing.
As far as the benefits are concerned, I can say that the Samsung i760 has the proper drivers loaded and is the fastest windows mobile device I've used. It blazes through every operation with ease. It takes milliseconds to do what my Touch takes seconds to do.

Now if only we all had Samsung i760's...

:violent1:

tmorris52 07-18-2008 12:53 PM

Thank you both for answering my questions. I assume it would enable our phones to be able to use video ringers right? I know it would drain the battery slow it down amongst other things etc. But to have the option is not too bad either.

jlechner 07-18-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmorris52 (Post 352138)
Thank you both for answering my questions. I assume it would enable our phones to be able to use video ringers right? I know it would drain the battery slow it down amongst other things etc. But to have the option is not too bad either.

That I'm honestly not too sure about, never really cared about video ringers so I have no idea man.

jlechner 07-18-2008 01:41 PM

Harvey, what's this program he's talkin about on the first link on this page?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=364459

vetvito 07-18-2008 10:21 PM

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

willmatic08 07-18-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by some (Post 352083)
Basically all driver dll's I've seen around here are completely useless and will do nothing.

i agree but other than that the i760 is trash,had it got mad at it dont want it no more

DHarvey 07-18-2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willmatic08 (Post 352757)
i agree but other than that the i760 is trash,had it got mad at it dont want it no more

Be careful with that avatar... It's nice, don't get me wrong but if a mod or admin confronts you about it, don't argue, just get rid of it. I know a guy who got banned for it.

imneveral0ne 07-19-2008 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vetvito (Post 352732)
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you came back to lol?