PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Video Drivers Consolidated collection(most do not work on our phones) need porting!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32185)

Balkar 07-17-2008 02:06 PM

Re: Goodie Bag

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION (Post 350601)
thank you for finding these i was still messing around with the ones directly from the diamond. i should have my laptop in front of me for quite awhile today so im pretty sure ill be able to do some good quality work but who knows while on the road. also i will keep you all updated as to my progress. it should be easier to mess around with these since these devices are so similar. i havent to much time to do to much development but i have nine hours of open road in front of me today and tht time is lookin real promising.

your the man !

jlechner 07-17-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION (Post 350601)
thank you for finding these i was still messing around with the ones directly from the diamond. i should have my laptop in front of me for quite awhile today so im pretty sure ill be able to do some good quality work but who knows while on the road. also i will keep you all updated as to my progress. it should be easier to mess around with these since these devices are so similar. i havent to much time to do to much development but i have nine hours of open road in front of me today and tht time is lookin real promising.

I wish I could be as awesome as you..... sigh

varunb007 07-17-2008 02:48 PM

http://www.htcclassaction.org/driver...ate_20080717_1

wow, progress... i wonder if those tytn ii drivers can be ported to vogue. anyone know if that's possible or if we could use the same cab as tytn ii?

jon6535 07-17-2008 06:42 PM

so has anybody tried the drivers, im just wondering, if not, i may try them anyways

jlechner 07-17-2008 10:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like htcclassaction.org made some progress:

These drivers require a Kaiser (TyTN II) and a ROM based on the official HTC WM 6.1 update!. Exactly which ROMs are compatible is not yet known. We have tested this on multiple Kaisers, but all of them were running Dutty's Diamond V1 ROM. It is extremely unlikely that these files will work out-of-the-box on any other MSM7x00 based device (at this time).

Here is the cab: FOR KAISER ONLY, DO NOT PUT ON YOUR VOGUE, PERIOD.

jlechner 07-18-2008 09:56 AM

Re: Video Drivers Consolidated collection(most do not work on our phones) need portin

hey harvey, you know that open_gl stuff, well on the new rom they have a GetGL.cab that runs during customization. Think that could be anything new?

DHarvey 07-18-2008 10:53 AM

Re: Video Drivers Consolidated collection(most do not work on our phones) need portin

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlechner (Post 351863)
hey harvey, you know that open_gl stuff, well on the new rom they have a GetGL.cab that runs during customization. Think that could be anything new?

Good question. I'm going to download it and test it out

m3Jorge 07-18-2008 11:25 AM

The GetGL.cab in the SPrint Room is in refrence to Good Link (Get Good Link) and not OpenGL unfortunately... just thought I'd point that out...

:)

tmorris52 07-18-2008 11:36 AM

What will the video drivers do for our phones? I read alot about it bu there has not been a reason for why anyone would want it or what it would do. Thanks to whom ever answers my question.

DHarvey 07-18-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmorris52 (Post 352001)
What will the video drivers do for our phones? I read alot about it bu there has not been a reason for why anyone would want it or what it would do. Thanks to whom ever answers my question.

Short answer is they would provide both 2D and 3D hardware acceleration.

This will improve:

UI responsiveness
Battery life
Performance
Video Playback
Gaming

You see there's just a few reasons someone might want these drivers.