PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 04:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

stickmandude is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official ROM release date

Ok, looking back at the thread, you were just being a douche.

One guy said Source?

And another guy said that we've been waiting a 100 years for Sprint to come through.

Stay or leave, info will be released around eventually.

But of course you're going to stay and give 'inside info' because you obviously revel in it, by going off your responses.

Last edited by stickmandude; 07-19-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

I'm confused. This thread is supposed to be about the release date for the new Official ROM, why did it turn into an attack of character on cj10488? Instead of looking to see that he was a senior member and looking at some of his past posts, people demanded his source, he got a little defensive and then everything went to crap. Just like everything else: SEARCH BEFORE YOU POST, it is a valuable lesson. Can't we all just get along?

ROM: DarkRoot
Old 07-19-2008, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Threadstarter

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid_Gypsy View Post
I'm confused. This thread is supposed to be about the release date for the new Official ROM, why did it turn into an attack of character on cj10488? Instead of looking to see that he was a senior member and looking at some of his past posts, people demanded his source, he got a little defensive and then everything went to crap. Just like everything else: SEARCH BEFORE YOU POST, it is a valuable lesson. Can't we all just get along?

Yeah Its funny how things like that work out aint it... Thats ok... Life is all good here... I get the dates for my personal info and happen to share them only to get bash by a few...

And BTW I like Chocolate chip and when you get one you can Cram it.... Nevermind... Its all good
Old 07-19-2008, 09:10 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP

How about everyone (almost) stops acting like a child and start respecting other members? It is part of the rules...

cj10488 has been around for a while and his contributions have always been spot on. If you do not like that he does not want to be specific about his source, then just don't post. Even if the ROM had been released yesterday instead of the 21st he would have been close enough... isn't that what matters? That members are sharing the info they have.

It's not like it is his fault that Sprint and HTC took their sweet time releasing it...

And if people have not noticed it... yes, the official download site has been pulled off the web.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 07-19-2008, 11:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch by HTCâ„¢

joe3789 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj10488 View Post
I havent posted at XDA or SU in some time now... Last rom I think I posted over there at XDA...

As I said before it was supposed to be a test site for sprint to verify the Info but somehow HTC screwed that one up as well LOL..

Anyways It will be back online Monday for sure..

JAmes
Yo James ... thanks for the info. Keep it coming as a way to tell all those doubters to STFU.

A little critique on the ROM, if I may:

Booting up is nice. It's quicker. GPS is nice. Browsing speeds are increased thanks to the Rev A, even though I live in an EVDO-only area. PIE still sux, but the gimmicky zoom feature is growing on me, even though it's still the same ole PIE that won't even render half the sites I like to go to (thank God for SkyFire). The Sprint Navigation program is ok. Nice to have though if you don't need a well-rounded app and just need basics.

There are some unforgiveable issues with the ROM, though.

1) The contacts program has the alpha bar missing on the right side of the screen that allows you to scroll through your contacts. The bar will appear if you close and re-open the contacts program, but why do that when it should "just work" (Apple-style) in the first place?

2) Also, either the Opera browser messes up the keyboard usage throughout the OS, or the OS itself is faulty when using the keyboard. Using it in Opera is causing the OS to stall and the SIP selector remains on the bottom task bar even after closing programs to go to the today screen. Subsequent to closing Opera, tapping the SIP when in another program won't even bring up the keyboard to allow entering text, therefore, I've had to soft reset many times so far. I've installed other Opera versions, but that doesn't suffice.

Do you know of any last minute tweaks that will address these problems? They're making me want to go back to the stock 6.0 rom, which I don't want to do.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (vogue)

blisk is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe3789 View Post
Yo James ... thanks for the info. Keep it coming as a way to tell all those doubters to STFU.
[...]

2) Also, either the Opera browser messes up the keyboard usage throughout the OS, or the OS itself is faulty when using the keyboard. Using it in Opera is causing the OS to stall and the SIP selector remains on the bottom task bar even after closing programs to go to the today screen. Subsequent to closing Opera, tapping the SIP when in another program won't even bring up the keyboard to allow entering text, therefore, I've had to soft reset many times so far. I've installed other Opera versions, but that doesn't suffice.

Do you know of any last minute tweaks that will address these problems? They're making me want to go back to the stock 6.0 rom, which I don't want to do.

Opera for me is weird and I have the old rom.. I'm on the beta of 9.51 so I just noticed this issue with the SIP changing when i bring it up.. pain in the ***. I'm not sure if the beta installed registry settings which is possible and explains why you cant' get it to change. Might want to hard reset if it really bothers you and try the old 8.5 or whatever it was.

As for James.. people really need to search and check out their posting history. Its just ridiculous that this is still going on, believe him or don't.. but don't be an ahole about it. Either way he was right.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development