PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 01:53 AM
N00b

jamez243 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATED!!! (7/14/08) WDM's 3.02 WM6.1 Custom ROM Beta #1

I'm flashing now, and going to play with it tomorrow and will let you know what I think. Pics look good tho.

I have wrote out a review / my thoughts on the Vista Black which I'll post tomorrow and one for you too..

Thanks for the hard work ... will post back soon
Old 07-15-2008, 02:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamez243 View Post
I'm flashing now, and going to play with it tomorrow and will let you know what I think. Pics look good tho.

I have wrote out a review / my thoughts on the Vista Black which I'll post tomorrow and one for you too..

Thanks for the hard work ... will post back soon
TYVM.....me and dan are friends now and we are helping each other out....he's way ahead of me, but I'm a simple person whose ROM's won't be stocked with the top of the line stuff just yet....my ROM's will be stable while his will be alittle edgy due to the risky stuff he puts in his. I'll get that way sooner or later, but right now I got to start off good and finish perfect

All I know there will be more to come
Old 07-15-2008, 03:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

stickmandude is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
I took down the full ROM due to the new kitchen coming out and I was going to remake it, but there was also a fatal error in the full ROM, HTC Album seems to lock up your phone everytime you run it....

I will put the ROM back-up just for archive....

Your Welcome dude, I loved it when you put that up there, I'm trying to make a diamond touch based ROM, so if you want to help me out a little more can you please make me some diamond images Please!!!

I didn't add Jivetalk to my ROM, unless you added it through a CAB file....did you do it that way? If so can you post the CAB please so I can test as well
Ohh, JiveTalk is this messenger thing that a lot of people use, but for some reason it isn't work when I install it on your rom.

www.beejive.com

Any timetable on when any updated roms are gonna be released?

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2008, 04:07 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickmandude View Post
Ohh, JiveTalk is this messenger thing that a lot of people use, but for some reason it isn't work when I install it on your rom.

www.beejive.com

Any timetable on when any updated roms are gonna be released?

Thanks!
Tomorrow if I can get this kitchen to import the registries

EDIT: But it is a little hard because I have nothing to go on ....right now I'm going toward diamond based rom right now

Last edited by Whosdaman; 07-15-2008 at 04:09 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:08 AM
N00b

stickmandude is a n00b
Re: UPDATED!!! (7/14/08) WDM's 3.03 WM6.1 Custom ROM Beta #1

Looking forward to it, thanks again
Old 07-15-2008, 11:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Well I think Beta #2 will be postponed til tomorrow hopefully, I can't get this new kitchen to work properly and it's making me very mad

I want to say I'm sorry and there will only be 1 version of Beta #2 and it will be full!

EDIT: I GOT IT TO WORK!!!! Finally, whew....Beta #2 will be up tonight, maybe a clean and full version cause I didn't expect it to work so soon

Last edited by Whosdaman; 07-16-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:55 AM
N00b

stickmandude is a n00b

Sounds good
Old 07-16-2008, 01:39 PM
N00b

jamez243 is a n00b

I reviewed your initial rom, tho I'm using it for Alltel. I figured I'd start off by doing my likes, and dislikes.

-The HTC Touch Diamond Keyboard
(I also notice that when using this keyboard if I hit send on a text message and its still predicting my previous word after it's sent that I can still hit ok without the "Cancel, Save, Discard" message, which I like. Whereas the regular touch keyboard would prompt you everytime.)

-Overall Speed
(At first I thought the speed was sluggish, but after a soft reset, or two, it runs pretty well.

-The look
(Although, the original clock is not as impressive as the touch diamond, it's still professional looking and clean, as compared to the black vista one, which I didn't like)

-Roscoe File Explorer
(This one is a catch 22, I love the interface, the look and the finger scrolling as well as all the options, but see dislikes..)

-Organizer Soft Key
(I liked this feature, it looked nice and professional, and is actually useful. Would of liked a calander button in there though. [Maybe in place of contacts seeing as how there is a right soft key for that.])

-The Games
(Sorry but I am a sucker for some fun games when I'm bored, Pocket Sand is pretty neat.)

-Stability
(Never really had any hang ups or random power cycling.)

Dislikes:

-Sprint crap
(Seeing as how I have Alltel this may be a biased opinion, but I don't like the cube saying sprint tv instead of the standard videos. I did however appreciate the Cube Config Tool so I could try and remedy this situation.)

-TouchPal
(I'm sorry I just don't see how anyone uses this.)

-Roscoe File Explorer
(It's trial period is expired and renders me unable to delete files.)

-Contacts
(I didn't like the layouts of the contacts page too much. I prefer the original where it has the letters on the side, rather than on the top like it is here.)

-S2U2
(Slide to unlock was cool at first as seen on the iPhone, but the more I use my phone I find it more of an annoyance than anything.)

-GPS
(Maybe it's just my phone, but I can never get this to work on any rom, get 2 sats but no fixes.

My Request/Ideas:

-I think it would be nice to include QuickMenu, it makes the start menu have 2 options between the original file explorer type view, and drop down desktop type view.

-The overall signal quality is better than the black vista whereas I'm not ALWAYS roaming, but still it's roaming more than I would like, don't know what to do about that.

-The Opera Mobile is nice, much nicer than PIE, but Skyfire would be better (when available)

-Even tho I dont' like the touchpal and won't use it, I believe the trial for that is expired as well.

Final Thought:

For your first rom I'd say you did a very good job. These are only my opinons and probably doesn't represent what everyone else may think. I look forward to your next one.

Grade: B
(Figured I'd throw a grade just for the heck of it.)
Old 07-16-2008, 01:52 PM
N00b

stickmandude is a n00b

I agree about S2U and Touchpal, Contacts and the Organizer shortkey.

My biggest gripe though is I can't get Jivetalk to work.

Maybe it's because of the build of this rom, I dunno
Old 07-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore

jivetalk hasntt worked for me since upping to 6.1...new builds prevent it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development