PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Diamond Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mtb29er is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: rstoyguy's 19208 Rom & Kitchen Basekit v1.0801 Updated 8/01/08

Is there a way to change the clock style?
Old 09-03-2008, 07:19 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb29er View Post
Is there a way to change the clock style?
You can change the clock font. Just rename your font to PDC.ttf and place it in the OEM if your cooking, or in the programs\pocket digital clock folder...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Diamond Pro

mtb29er is just getting started

Can I find font on here?
Old 09-03-2008, 07:44 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb29er View Post
Can I find font on here?
Click the link and you can find available fonts for the clock:

edit: original link zapped by me...

Here is the correct link:
http://project.ionized.googlepages.com/customfonts

dog-gone Web-sense filtering at work...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 09-03-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue

evilvoice is just getting started

In reference to my previous post I would like to say that I have thought through everything I have done and looked through the ROM. I dont know if the hv files are getting overwritten when creating the ROM, or if enough of the RGU files in SYS overwrites everything. The Office was successfully removed but only because the RGU is gone from SYS also as I deleted the dir, but a lot of things I edited arent kept, I looked at all the RGU's and noticed that most of the settings are there. So I think Im gonna utilize your RGU Registry to add in all my reg settings for the ROM. And not touching the SYS directory unless completely deleting something. So now I have to restart...good thing I remember most of what I have done. I think Im just gonna overwrite the Office reg from default.hv in the RGU for SoftMaker
Old 09-03-2008, 10:04 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilvoice View Post
In reference to my previous post I would like to say that I have thought through everything I have done and looked through the ROM. I dont know if the hv files are getting overwritten when creating the ROM, or if enough of the RGU files in SYS overwrites everything. The Office was successfully removed but only because the RGU is gone from SYS also as I deleted the dir, but a lot of things I edited arent kept, I looked at all the RGU's and noticed that most of the settings are there. So I think Im gonna utilize your RGU Registry to add in all my reg settings for the ROM. And not touching the SYS directory unless completely deleting something. So now I have to restart...good thing I remember most of what I have done. I think Im just gonna overwrite the Office reg from default.hv in the RGU for SoftMaker
Let me explain a little more on how the kitchen operates. Anything in the ..\SYS directory is already processed. Only files in the ..\OEM directory get processed "fully". And by "fully" processed I mean:

1. *.RGU registry entries incorporated into ..\SYS\Metadata\User.hv and Default.hv

2. initflashfiles.txt files incorporated into initflashfile.dat and not copied into the rom.

3. options.xml is for kitchen packaging only and not copied into the rom.

Note: The above three files won't be present when you decompile a rom. That is because when they were processed (packaged) they are moved into the ..\SYS folder.
Exceptions:
Sometimes the *.RGU survives in the ..\SYS folder
OEM's without an option.xml stay in the ..\OEM folder (if I remember right)

Or I just could have said, Only changes you make in your ..\OEM directory will take. If you want to overwrite something in the original rom (..\sys info), follow my tutorial on adding registry entries RGU method and make those in the ..\OEM directory so that buildos will "fully" process it and overwrite those that came in your donor rom.

Edit:
Quote:
And not touching the SYS directory unless completely deleting something.
I couldn't had said it better myself!!!

Last edited by rstoyguy; 09-03-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:36 AM
Lurker

dlouie is a n00b

how do you delete that OperatorLaunchPlugin ? I'm trying to create my own custom ROM.

Thanks!
Old 09-29-2008, 07:30 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlouie View Post
how do you delete that OperatorLaunchPlugin ? I'm trying to create my own custom ROM.

Thanks!
A simple registry edit should do it:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\ OperatorLauncherPlugin]
"Enabled"=dword:00000000
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development