PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

mrgeoff is keeping up the good workmrgeoff is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to mrgeoff
ProvXML Reference for Developers

With a lot of questions and sharing going on concerning Provisioning XML, I found a couple of links that might be of use to everyone!

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb737536.aspx
^ This link has all the available options that Provisioning XML has to offer. It has lots of goodies

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb737572.aspx
^ This link has goes to all the examples of the Provisioning XML options.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa924450.aspx
^ This link is for any one that is interested in FileOperations and would like to all the CE Strings

Hopefully all the developers will like this and learn a few things. I know I am learning quite a bit!

Last edited by mrgeoff; 07-03-2008 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Added Link
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:56 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: ProvXML Reference for Developers

Outstanding links mrgoeff! I peer into roms whenever I get a chance and I am seeing provxml being used more by manufacturers and the ppckitchen crew. I'll know how I'll spend my day off tomorrow. Here is a link I'd like to add:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms889522.aspx
^ Explanation of MXIP* files.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 07-05-2008 at 01:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

As much as I talk about the mxip and the mxipupdate.... I should of had that one in there as well! lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:10 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

... not implying that either of you missed anything, but I eventually dug deep enough to the direct link to the file operations example code and thought I would add it to the fray ...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb737633.aspx

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 08-15-2008, 03:11 PM
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
... not implying that either of you missed anything, but I eventually dug deep enough to the direct link to the file operations example code and thought I would add it to the fray ...

Best regards,
-boggsie
Almost exactly like regular .xml code isn't it...Actually I can't find any difference other than the naming scheme..

On a side note, I'm going to do an experament this weekend. I want to take as many of the mxip*.provxml files in a rom and convert them to regular RGU registry entries. I'm thinking it may be slowing down bootup speed as I've been using them alot lately since I've figured them out....
Old 08-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post

Best regards,
-boggsie
I didn't want to specify one type that the ProvXML could handle. I wanted to give the master list to show what else it is capable of besides file operations and email setup
Old 08-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Almost exactly like regular .xml code isn't it...Actually I can't find any difference other than the naming scheme..

On a side note, I'm going to do an experament this weekend. I want to take as many of the mxip*.provxml files in a rom and convert them to regular RGU registry entries. I'm thinking it may be slowing down bootup speed as I've been using them alot lately since I've figured them out....
Let me know how that turns out. I'll be interested as to what needs to be applied at every boot.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:25 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

I'll go ahead and open myself up to a bludgeoning in the hope that if a better idea exists, you'll let me have it ...

What I am doing is chaining all of the provxml stuff that is new to me into a massive _setup.xml and then building that into ~RegSettings.cab which I run as the last command in my sdconfig.txt.

I am trying very, very hard to limit what I do with (inside of the kitchens) with PPCKitchen so that when updates come out, I don't spend time re-implementing my PPCKitchen tweaks.

Plus, there are still a few esoteric things (rstoyguy is cutting that list down) that I install with UC and I have settings, etc. that I want to take care of for those programs.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 08-15-2008, 03:40 PM
SuperNoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
Let me know how that turns out. I'll be interested as to what needs to be applied at every boot.
I'm expecting some interesting results. I can tell you I had strange results with changing my mxip_mail*.provxml to a mxipcold_mail*.provxml... My thought process it would only load it once...I'll test that some more.

I'm sure that 50%+ of the provxml's in the stock rom are there to make it easy for tech support. Soft reset your phone and alot of sprint specific stuff get's reloaded. I just wanna know how does that affect bootup time...
Old 09-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I'm expecting some interesting results. I can tell you I had strange results with changing my mxip_mail*.provxml to a mxipcold_mail*.provxml... My thought process it would only load it once...I'll test that some more.

I'm sure that 50%+ of the provxml's in the stock rom are there to make it easy for tech support. Soft reset your phone and alot of sprint specific stuff get's reloaded. I just wanna know how does that affect bootup time...
I forgot to ask.... are you doing the provxml > rgu conversion by hand or are you using a tool? All I have seen so far is going rgu > provxml.

I'm starting to think that going back to the dogguy kitchen is the best thing for me
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development