PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 12:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc sprint touch
Carrier: sprint

leoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to leoiden
Wink Re: Vogue 19588 Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden38 View Post
Hi Everyone!

This Build rocks. So far, my HTC Touch has never been running that good! Thanks for this build!

=D>

Raiden
your brain is a rock man alot of issues with this kitchen
!
Old 07-03-2008, 06:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Scooter_in_WI is becoming a great contributor
Re: Vogue 19588 Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoiden View Post
!
I am loving this too! Not one single problem with the install and I'm running Vista! I did install DCD'd release first before running the kitchen. That may have something to do with it. My Vogue is way faster, gets average 15% -20% better battery through the day, and I get a GPS lock in about 3 seconds every time. If I could say I had one problem, it would be the solid data arrows. I didn't even notice that until someone else mentioned it in another post.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Bell

Raiden38 is just getting started

Quote:
!
Sorry to hear that. For me, I have great improvement on my pocketpc over the last 3.02 rom. It's faster and more reliable. However, I don't have alot of tweeks/options as I try to keep it as close as the original rom (with a few added options of course).

I guess the only thing I have as an issue is the time it takes to lock to satellites. I can easily find 3-7 satellites in about 3 seconds however it will take around 1.5-2min to lock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter_in_WI
If I could say I had one problem, it would be the solid data arrows. I didn't even notice that until someone else mentioned it in another post.
For the solid data arrow, I am not sure what you are talking about since I did'nt read all the posts but if you are talking about the fact that the data arrow always stay on, I use to have this problem with my first build (with new version). However, I have checked the "Hide Connection Bubble" and since then, I don't have this issue anymore. The connection bubble still shows but the data arrow are grayed when there is no data. It might just be a coincidence. Give it a try and let me know

Raiden

Last edited by Raiden38; 07-03-2008 at 08:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Kreigz is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Kreigz

Wow, that's an interesting observation about the data arrows ... I had installed a GSM dialer and it caused the arrows to be always on.

I guess I'll have to go in and try the newest ROM and your theory about the arrows!

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. For me, I have great improvement on my pocketpc over the last 3.02 rom. It's faster and more reliable. However, I don't have alot of tweeks/options as I try to keep it as close as the original rom (with a few added options of course).

I guess the only thing I have as an issue is the time it takes to lock to satellites. I can easily find 3-7 satellites in about 3 seconds however it will take around 1.5-2min to lock.

For the solid data arrow, I am not sure what you are talking about since I did'nt read all the posts but if you are talking about the fact that the data arrow always stay on, I use to have this problem with my first build (with new version). However, I have checked the "Hide Connection Bubble" and since then, I don't have this issue anymore. The connection bubble still shows but the data arrow are grayed when there is no data. It might just be a coincidence. Give it a try and let me know

Raiden
Old 07-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch

mrgeoff is keeping up the good workmrgeoff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to mrgeoff

Quote:
Raiden
I have the appropriate registry entry in my personal set of edits. I will try the kitchen option though!
Old 07-03-2008, 09:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

chooch is a n00b

Quote:
!
Seems to work great for me also. I don't really notice any performance or battery increase, but it works as well as the last kitchen for sure. There must be some options you are checking or oems you are installing that are not compatible. Not that you are wrong; if there are options to check things that mess up the rom, that's not good. I've just had good luck sticking to a minimal install. Later tonight I can post exactly which things I selected in buildos if anyone is interested. Maybe that could help narrow down where the problem is.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Scooter_in_WI is becoming a great contributor
Question Re: Vogue 19588 Kitchen

Quote:

Raiden
OK! I give up! I have tried Google and even the search here as a last resort (HA!). Where are setting the "Hide Connection Bubble"?
Old 07-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch

mrgeoff is keeping up the good workmrgeoff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to mrgeoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter_in_WI View Post
OK! I give up! I have tried Google and even the search here as a last resort (HA!). Where are setting the "Hide Connection Bubble"?
It's not one of the items you can check in the kitchen? I can't open BuildOS to verify, but it should be in there.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Bell

Raiden38 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter_in_WI View Post
In BuildOS...

Hey Guys... Don't take my word for it! It might just have been a coincidence! But it worked for me.

Raiden
Old 07-03-2008, 09:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

chooch is a n00b

Quote:
In BuildOS...

Hey Guys... Don't take my word for it! It might just have been a coincidence! But it worked for me.

Raiden
It's just a setting also. I think its in the phone settings under services? Could be totally wrong, but I think it's just a setting you can uncheck.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development