PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 04:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

gochiefs is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue WM 6.1 GPS 3.03 Kitchen

I redownloaded the kitchen and removed the ROM folder again and tried to create. This time i get "access to path .......welcomehead.96.pn is denied".
Tried removing the file and get the memory error again.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon
Threadstarter

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

version bump, i've fixed the imageinfo.bin problem and can not figure out the welcomehead one, i've included all calls to anything ending with welcomehead.96.png from the BuildOS process in sysinternal procmon format
Attached Files
File Type: zip Welcomehead.96.png.pml.zip (21.4 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-26-2008, 11:21 PM
N00b

gochiefs is a n00b

I'm not at work right now so i can try this, but try manually putting that file where its supposed to go while its creating the rom. Will probably have to do it fairly quickly.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:36 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

You might want to consider updating the thread title and put some text in the OP to indicate that this is a Kitchen for the PPCKitchen.org project.

I don't mean to sound harsh or unappreciative, it just helps when thread titles and OPs are clear. Trying to use this Kitchen with the package that DogGuy put together wouldn't be particularly useful and all of the kitchens I have used, include some version of BuildOS.exe.

Your best chance for support on the errors is going into PPCKitchen.org chat and trying to get Colonel, GGuruUSA or Tiermann's attention.

Just a thought ... appreciate the effort.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 06-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon
Threadstarter

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Title changed, but i dont really understand why you couldnt use it in the old way, just extract the kitchen rar to your rom dev folder and place your oems in the oem folder and everything should work.

gochieft, did you try placing the file in before it needed to be added and did it work?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:58 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeurx View Post
I dont really understand why you couldnt use it in the old way, just extract the kitchen rar to your rom dev folder and place your oems in the oem folder and everything should work.
I believe that the kitchen DogGuy assembled (Vogue_Kitchen_Tools.rar) uses the entire OS.nb as opposed to nk.fat. Thus, when you run PrepIt.bat, OS.nb is not there and you get a RUU_signed.nbh that is 1kb in size.

... and please don't misunderstand, I bet I know much less about all of this stuff than you do. I was hoping to avoid confusion on folks wondering into the thread.

Edit for additional clarification: As I understand it, the goal of your project is fine as it is - a package to drop into PPCKitchen.org. There is no reason to modify it to work in other kitchens. I was simply hoping to have some clarification so others wouldn't wonder in and think that this package was a direct drop-in for other (non-PPCKitchen.org) kitchens.

Best regards,
-boggsie

Last edited by boggsie; 06-27-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:03 AM
N00b

gochiefs is a n00b

Sorry, meant to say in my last post that i could not try it since i was not at work. Will be trying it when i get to work in about an hour.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:30 AM
N00b

gochiefs is a n00b

Ok, tried it, but got the memory error again
Old 06-27-2008, 09:35 AM
N00b

gochiefs is a n00b

Since i have no idea how the actual Kitchen rar's are made then you'll have to forgive me if this is stupid, but is there any way to change permission on the files in the rar, before they are put into the rar?

I get the memory errors when i change something and add it back, but maybe if it was changed before it was even added that might work.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

There is no magic to the .rar. If you're getting problems after modifying .rar contents, it's because of your modification, not because you are updating the .rar. You can change file permissions from the properties page of the file before the file is added to the .rar.

Last edited by gguruusa; 06-27-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development