PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Verizon XV6900 upgrading tutorial and troubleshooting!!! GPS enabled!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30109)

negamann 06-24-2008 08:22 PM

Verizon XV6900 upgrading tutorial and troubleshooting!!! GPS enabled!!!

This topic has been moved to WWW.PPCHAVEN.COM

1loudsvt 06-24-2008 10:44 PM

Re: Verizon Xv6900 Flashing!!! Help Here!!!

yeah i just discovered the pic/vid settings a few days ago....i tried to get the gps to work for weeks so everyone with verizon make sure you change the settings

rolandroland 06-25-2008 07:24 AM

is titan required?

negamann 06-25-2008 03:22 PM

My gps didn't work until I upgraded to the titan rom. So I would say yes

EDIT: DO NOT USE TITAN ROM. OLD NEWS AND BAD IDEA

taidan 06-25-2008 04:47 PM

Hey, Im confused about the titan rom, which one are you reffering to?

I flashed the leaked sprint, then did OMJ and now my GPS is activated but terrible. Will I get any improvement by going to the titan rom u mentioned?

thanks

taidan 06-25-2008 05:02 PM

nevermind, I just saw the thing about the titan radio update. I head this was unstable and would brick your phone no?

negamann 06-25-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taidan (Post 325975)
nevermind, I just saw the thing about the titan radio update. I head this was unstable and would brick your phone no?

Didn't brick mine. seems to work pretty good. If your gps works "as is" you shouldn't bother upgrading to titan

chooch 06-25-2008 06:07 PM

Does it hurt the battery to change the location to on from e911 only? I mean, can I leave it on, or should I turn it on when I want to use it?

negamann 06-25-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chooch (Post 326086)
Does it hurt the battery to change the location to on from e911 only? I mean, can I leave it on, or should I turn it on when I want to use it?

I havent seen a decrease in battery. By all means leave it on. Look for BAF's GPS toggle to turn gps ON/OFF on today screen. That should help :)

chooch 06-25-2008 06:21 PM

Just flashed from verizon to altel to ppckitchengps3.02. Very happy so far but for one problem: Can't get my quickmenu to work (press and hold end key). Is there some oem I should've installed or software setting to change for this?

negamann 06-25-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chooch (Post 326115)
Just flashed from verizon to altel to ppckitchengps3.02. Very happy so far but for one problem: Can't get my quickmenu to work (press and hold end key). Is there some oem I should've installed or software setting to change for this?

Get a task manager and see if quickmenu is even running

chooch 06-25-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1loudsvt (Post 324786)
yeah i just discovered the pic/vid settings a few days ago....i tried to get the gps to work for weeks so everyone with verizon make sure you change the settings

Sorry to be dense, but what gps settings are you referring to?

negamann 06-25-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chooch (Post 326130)
Sorry to be dense, but what gps settings are you referring to?

I believe he means the "location on" setting

chooch 06-25-2008 07:02 PM

So, I don't see quickmenu running with dotfred task manager. Maybe it's in the windows directory somewhere already
or it's something i could install?

negamann 06-25-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chooch (Post 326169)
So, I don't see quickmenu running with dotfred task manager. Maybe it's in the windows directory somewhere already
or it's something i could install?

Either find the .lnk and put it in your startup folder or download and install http://www.pocketpcfreeware.mobi/dow...menu-v2-7.html

chooch 06-25-2008 07:40 PM

hmmm. . .that program looks like a start menu thing. I'm just talking about the screen you go to on stock vzw phone using an end button long-press that has airplane mode, comm manager, etc. but I do find 3 bmps that are quickmenu related in the windows folder, no .ink though.

negamann 06-25-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chooch (Post 326212)
hmmm. . .that program looks like a start menu thing. I'm just talking about the screen you go to on stock vzw phone using an end button long-press that has airplane mode, comm manager, etc. but I do find 3 bmps that are quickmenu related in the windows folder, no .ink though.

hmmm. I havent a clue lol. I believe its just called "comm manager" the second button in the htc home program button

chooch 06-25-2008 08:05 PM

ok, thanks. I guess I can access everything I need anyway. Maybe I now need a hardware button reassignment tool. No big deal. Finally got mms to work with your hack. All is well, thanks!

jacksplat 06-25-2008 08:23 PM

just curious, if I've already done the whole thing before with the other leaked beta rom, can I just do the new sprint rom and then flash using the kitchen just to get the new radio?

negamann 06-25-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksplat (Post 326254)
just curious, if I've already done the whole thing before with the other leaked beta rom, can I just do the new sprint rom and then flash using the kitchen just to get the new radio?

Yes you can! I just did it and confirmed the radio is better. After you flash to the new one. stop at the "tap to begin" screen, let activesync do its job. and then flash to a verizon rom :)

jacksplat 06-25-2008 08:58 PM

so no need to do anything funky with an unlocker? I've still got the 2.31.coke on my boot loader

negamann 06-25-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksplat (Post 326305)
so no need to do anything funky with an unlocker? I've still got the 2.31.coke on my boot loader

Nope Just flash and enjoy :)

gman8966 06-27-2008 12:26 PM

Re: Upgrading Tutorial For Verizon XV6900!!! Radio 3.42.30 with working GPS

I did the upgrade successfully for my brother's XV6900 last night. No problems whatsoever.

But, when I try to make a call a lady comes on the phone and says "Welcome to Verizon Wireless, we're sorry, we are unable to authenticate your phone."

I searched but couldn't find an error to this, anyone know how to get this straightened out?

Magicality 06-27-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gman8966 (Post 328790)
I did the upgrade successfully for my brother's XV6900 last night. No problems whatsoever.

But, when I try to make a call a lady comes on the phone and says "Welcome to Verizon Wireless, we're sorry, we are unable to authenticate your phone."

I searched but couldn't find an error to this, anyone know how to get this straightened out?

Try dialing *228 or *22801

haxrnick 06-27-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gman8966 (Post 328790)

I found this out too when I flashed mine. Whenever you do any sort of hard reset with Verizon it wipes out everything (not used to this because I'm from sprint). I called their customer service and they just sent a signal to my phone and it worked.

seebeatty 06-27-2008 03:11 PM

^ Yes, if you look back in some previous posts on the Beta ROM leaked. Many of us on Verizon experienced a "one time" radio upgrade problem where our phones could not be authenticated. A call to customer service will straighten the situation out. It's likely to be one of two things:

1. A-Key missing: I've heard mixed statements on this,... some say that Verizon doesn't use the A-Key anymore,... don't know, don't care, just wanna be happy and have it work!!

2. Dataport Reset: Some say that when your device was active with an ESN / MDN / MIN on the Verizon network and your radio rom was replaced, it left the dataport in a suspended state on the Verizon side and they are unable to program (using *22899, 01, 03, or any other combo).

Regardless, one surefire way to avoid having to make the call is to activate another PPC phone on your acct before flashing the radio ROM. For instance, I used my 6800 and activated it via vzw.com online activation (free of charge) -> flashed my ROM on my 6900 -> reactived it online -> dialed *22899 -> did a HARD RESET.

Hope that helps,... again,... debate is still out about what EXACTLY causes the problem with authentication,... but if you get stuck,... just call Verizon and they'll get you back on the network.

negamann 06-27-2008 03:39 PM

Unforunately these things happen. But the good news is, They dont ask questions and you wont have to ever call em again in future radio upgrades :) I dialed a completely different number tho when it happened to me

Mikedav 06-27-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negamann (Post 329088)
Unforunately these things happen. But the good news is, They dont ask questions and you wont have to ever call em again in future radio upgrades :) I dialed a completely different number tho when it happened to me

Had that too. I diled #8899 and they gave me a new 26 digit number. They said its theesn with a random generated number after it. No problems though getting it done.
What number did you call and did it work?
Another question. Will the customization run after every hard reset. If yes, do we have to interrupt it every time? (sorry for spelling above; theesn= the ESN)

negamann 06-27-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikedav (Post 329095)
Had that too. I diled #8899 and they gave me a new 26 digit number. They said its theesn with a random generated number after it. No problems though getting it done.

I dont remember, some security and fraud line. They only asked for the last four digits in my SS then said "your good to go". took no more than 2 minutes

negamann 06-27-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

I dont remember, some security and fraud line. They only asked for the last four digits in my SS then said "your good to go". took no more than 2 minutes

negamann 06-27-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

negamann 06-27-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Another question. Will the customization run after every hard reset. If yes, do we have to interrupt it every time? (sorry for spelling above; theesn= the ESN)

Sorry I didn't answer the other question lol. PPCgeeks has been having server probs or something.

The only time the customization will run when you upgrade the radio. From what I've been told, the only way to get a radio is by a full flash so there won't be a standalone radio upgrade. Some custom roms may have User customization per carrier soon. I would let that run then :)

negamann 06-27-2008 07:12 PM

I just got my phone replaced due to the cracking issue. Flashed and didn't have to authenticate my phone! :)

alcatec 06-29-2008 11:08 PM

I can't reconnect to the Verizon data network after following the above flashing instructions. I did the reauthentication thing and can make and receive calls on Verizon but cannot reconnect to the data (#777) network. My conversations with Verizon are getting a little "hairy" now. I've set the correct login information. Any suggestions?

ka911 06-30-2008 12:18 AM

oh man, what can I say! many thanks for your hard work and shearing this inf with us..
:headbang:

negamann 06-30-2008 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcatec (Post 331455)
I can't reconnect to the Verizon data network after following the above flashing instructions. I did the reauthentication thing and can make and receive calls on Verizon but cannot reconnect to the data (#777) network. My conversations with Verizon are getting a little "hairy" now. I've set the correct login information. Any suggestions?

What rom are you using?

EDIT: I added network connection settings in the "Troubleshooting" part of the Tutorial, Hope that helps!!!

And thank you Ka911!!!

Mikedav 06-30-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negamann (Post 331582)
What rom are you using?

EDIT: I added network connection settings in the "Troubleshooting" part of the Tutorial, Hope that helps!!!

And thank you Ka911!!!

Well it gets more interesting. I flashed the new sprint and then DCD's VZW 19588 rom. Didn;t work the first time so I just flashed again with the vzw rom without starting all over. Now, I tried to have verizon reauthenticate and didnt work from thier end. They had me dial ##778 to bring up the ppst app. When I tried to enter the unlock code, 000000, it came back with code incorrect. The tech said thats the only code they use, something is terribly wrong with the phone and they are sending a new one. I will have it tomorrow, Tuesday. Now, I am wondering if I should have staarted over from the very beginning, doing the sprint rom,etc. maybe that is the problem. The other problem I will have is I have to return this phone. So, I need to brick it. Anybody know how to do that so they can't tell I flashed the rom? thank for advice and listening.

Magicality 06-30-2008 11:56 AM

Nice collection, also you can add this trick:

If you can't get your phone authenticated back onto the network, REMOVE the battery for a minute. Then start the phone back up and dial *22801

This can be done instead of calling for a new a-key.

rolandroland 06-30-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikedav (Post 331914)
Anybody know how to do that so they can't tell I flashed the rom? thank for advice and listening.

I would also like to know if anyone was a preferred bricking method for returns or if ti is necessary at all to protect yourself.

alcatec 06-30-2008 12:12 PM

Actually when I first did it I accidentally let the Sprint customs run. I hear that I need to figure out how to tweak the radio fully toward Verizon without "bricking" the whole thing. Can you guide me?