PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Big Red V

fortycal is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon XV6900 upgrading tutorial and troubleshooting!!! GPS enabled!!!

Hi negamann,

I flashed to the rom you cooked and am loving it!
the only problem I have is, i cant dial ##778 to edit the setting for tethering
when I dial ##778 send, it just calls the number.
any ideas?

Thanks for your guide and support,
Kyle

***edit**: OMG i found it in the programs menu under "phone codes". THANKS A MILLION!

Last edited by fortycal; 08-18-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianhojat View Post
hmmm not sure, the rom has tweaked aGPS. he probably just upgraded to the new Bell rom, and says that radio is better for aGPS, and inserted that one reg key EnablePDEIPFromNV. The only person i see actually messing around with GPS was JD, i think he did something with sprint GPS drivers. but that still didnt help VZW phones (ill test out his newest rom tonight with new Bell radio and see how it is for everyone).

Also read this:
http://wmexperts.com/articles/gps_vs..._tutorial.html
aGPS only works with the companies cell towers, and im pretty sure verizon arent going to help our hacked phones. the article says Sprint moved in that direction and Verizon has not, prob to promote their own VZW navigator software. assisted GPS doesnt work for verizon Touchs im pretty sure, maybe its locked down unless u use taht software which isnt available yet on it. hence why GPSMode 4 doesnt add anything extra to help us get a lock.

i dont think GPS has gotten better, i think one of the previous radios was a tiny bit better maybe for locks without going near window but that was still ridiculously inconsistant? if someone in Philly can come to my house and proove me wrong,
then setup my phone the same as theirs, they got $20 bucks from me hehe.

i had 2 vzw phones and done all the instructions correctly (im a computer science major so i take instructions very literally and process them correctly so i didnt mess up the Sprint upgrade part etc). GPS is pretty shoot or miss if you want my opinion. if it was perfect so many people wouldnt be saying 'why dont i get 1m locks every time' like you? i get 2m locks cold, but again its not consistant, enuff that its unusable unless i need to get a cold start by keeping the phone on for 2-10m by the window (if no lock yet, then turn off phone and try again until get a lock)... then i can hot start it, usually in next few hrs and get a 5s hot lock (thats if it gets the 'hot lock' that was stored in the chip, sometimes it loses it and have to pray it finds a fix), then start google maps or garmin and start driving. but starting the process at a brand new location is very very it or miss (i tried it in an open park with just the blue skies above me, and many hard resets and still no fixes). proove me wrong but GPS is ranked like 2 out of 10 and shouldnt be the reason u upgrade your phone, do it for other features like ICS or customizing your own Progs in Kitchen. The roms as they mostly at this point is just clicking a checkbox in buildOS and adding progs people requesting. You would be best to just start your own and customize it than hope someone elses works with GPS and use their programs.
A member from philly tried my Rom and says it locks quick. http://www.ppchaven.com/viewtopic.ph...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I only added a regedit and changed the QosAccuracy to 75. Seems to help. It's as optimal as you can get at the moment for verizon, Because of the "Assisted" part. You are right about GPS being novelty for verizon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowds View Post
Man, I hate being a noob. Negamann, if I am running your previous custom VZ ROM built from Sprint, do I need to flash the Bell OEM ROM before flashing your custom Bell ROM? Thanks again for your work.
You don't need to Flash the Bell Stock rom, But the radio upgrade is good in my opinion.

Last edited by negamann; 08-18-2008 at 06:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:16 AM
Lurker

rj5570 is a n00b

ok i am a bit confuse.

i went to the link above.

i am still using an older cooked verzion you had. is the one on the link your final? it sounds yummy. would like to flash to a new one

let me know
Old 10-01-2008, 01:28 PM
N00b

nickf126 is a n00b

Gentlemen,

Today I took the plunge, and flashed a new ROM to my Verizon 6900. I flashed to the official Sprint 6.1 ROM which is supposed to have gps. Everything went smoothly, except that I can not seem to get gps to work. I carefully followed all the directions that are listed on the first page of this post, and gps still does not work. Could I be missing a step somewhere? Should I not have flashed to a Sprint ROM? Can someone throw me a life line? Please note, I am writing this after reading and searching here, at xda and ppchavan all morning. Thanks for any help.

Ok disregard, guya. I went outside, and got a quick fix on 8 satellites. All is well. AND I am rocking EVDO rev A. I want to thank you all for the tutorial.

Last edited by nickf126; 10-01-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800

nguoivn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortycal View Post
Hi negamann,

I flashed to the rom you cooked and am loving it!
the only problem I have is, i cant dial ##778 to edit the setting for tethering
when I dial ##778 send, it just calls the number.
any ideas?

Thanks for your guide and support,
Kyle

***edit**: OMG i found it in the programs menu under "phone codes". THANKS A MILLION!
##778 doesn't work with the new rom. please help ..Thanks,
Old 03-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900 smart phone
Carrier: verizon wireles

dustin2 is a n00b

so, for final verification, everyone doing this has a data plan? or is this a way around the data plan situation? i would love to flash my xv6900 but if it requires a data plan i shouldnt even go through the process, right?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development