PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann
Re: Upgrading Tutorial For Verizon XV6900!!! Radio 3.42.30 with working GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejdam View Post
I need some help i load the new rom but now i dont get Pic/Video section under messaging. I tried the registry hacks but nothing is working. First i had to install Arcsoft MMS 5.0.31.7 since it wasn't on my phone in the first place and i can do sms but when i try and use MMS it doesnt work.
Install this and see if that fixes it
http://www.lifesnotsogood.com/dcd1182/carriers/dcd%20Verizon%20Carrier%2020080706.cab

Old 07-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: VERIZON

DaddieO is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann View Post
DaddieO: I use a program called "acbtoggleBT" or find an A2DP Program. The one I use is from the ppckitchen. Here are some registry tweaks you might wanna try http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/archive/in...p/t-10640.html

And mikei: What exactly is "Verizon Wireless Sync"? Please explain
Negamann: I loaded acbtoggleBT, and followed the advice from the thread posted above... and I still cannot get my bluetooth headphones to play in stereo. I can only get sound to come out of one earphone!

If anyone else has experienced this problem and knows of a solution, I'd be deeply appreciative! THANKS!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddieO View Post
Negamann: I loaded acbtoggleBT, and followed the advice from the thread posted above... and I still cannot get my bluetooth headphones to play in stereo. I can only get sound to come out of one earphone!

If anyone else has experienced this problem and knows of a solution, I'd be deeply appreciative! THANKS!
You can check out these threads http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=308752
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6803
Old 07-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

pmitch is a n00b

I'm not sure if this thread is the best place to post this, but Negamann's tutorial was a lifesaver in getting me through the upgrade.

Since then, I've had trouble using ICS to tether my pc using the XV6900. I have the "unlimited data" add-on to my Verizon plan ($39.99/mo) but was unable to tether without running into the VZ Access Manager roadblock. Thanks to Magicality's help, I can finally connect using this fix:

Dial ##778
Select edit, enter 000000
View Info -> M.IP Default Profile
Change DUN NAI to yournumber@vzw3g.com
View Info -> Security
Change S.IP DUN User name to same as above (yournumber@vzw3g.com)

Menu->OK-> Let it soft reset

Now connect your laptop or pc with the usb cable, select Programs> Internet Connection Sharing and surf away!

Again, thanks to Negamann and Magicality for sharing their wisdom with us rookies!
Old 07-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thank you very much pmitch and Magicality. I added it in troubleshooting
Old 07-17-2008, 01:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola The Droid

mejdam is a n00b

Quote:
still dont have a Pic/Video option all i have is text and email option
Old 07-17-2008, 02:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikei View Post
So I've been reading tons of posts debating whether to take the plunge and still have one unanswered question. Will Verizon wireless synce still work after flashing? If so where do I get the software, none of the custom ROMs seem to include it.
I Can confirm that verizon wireless sync exists on my phone. I never use it so it was ignored lol

Quote:
still dont have a Pic/Video option all i have is text and email option
Isn't MMS/SMS the same folder? It should be one setting for the both I believe

Last edited by negamann; 07-17-2008 at 02:15 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:23 AM
Lurker

mejdam is a n00b

Quote:
I Can confirm that verizon wireless sync exists on my phone. I never use it so it was ignored lol

Isn't MMS/SMS the same folder? It should be one setting for the both I believe
No it is not when i installed arcsoft text is removed and replaced with MMS/SMS but no MMS options just options and when i do get options it only has one uncheck check box for callback.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
No it is not when i installed arcsoft text is removed and replaced with MMS/SMS but no MMS options just options and when i do get options it only has one uncheck check box for callback.
Try going to Start>Messaging>SMS\MMS>Menu(bottom right)>SMS\MMS Options>Servers Tab
I believe you are going to Menu>Tools>Options From SMS\MMS folderor Messaging>Menu>Options at the selection screen WRONG lol

If it isn't there, I suggest you try another MMS.

Last edited by negamann; 07-17-2008 at 03:00 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:09 AM
Lurker

mejdam is a n00b

Quote:
Try going to Start>Messaging>SMS\MMS>Menu(bottom right)>SMS\MMS Options>Servers Tab
I believe you are going to Menu>Tools>Options From SMS\MMS folderor Messaging>Menu>Options at the selection screen WRONG lol

If it isn't there, I suggest you try another MMS.
Do you know any other MMS apps?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development