PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.
Threadstarter

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
Re: New Touch Project.

boys and girls be patient with me i have been working pretty hard on this i found a way to test twice as efficiently i have just been reslly tired because all last week i would get less than four hours of of sleep a night if i slept at all im working on getting this as efficient as possible. i think i found the issue with my other roms but it doesnt make any sense as to why its doing it. and if anyone could provide me a link for the .net 3.5 cab then will be very greatful. the reasoni ask for it is because if i cook it in the ROM it messes up also i have ported this ROM for the mogul to but i think i will start a seperate thread for that as this is for the vogue but i have a lil more testing to do on that before i release anything as even beta. also wait for the DIamond packages to be thrown in after i get a decently working ROM but i have seen great things in this ROM. it is very very quick and very responsive on both of my devices so that is something to look forward to. also if i figure it out i will also be porting the .xip but that is more of a distant project.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab

Last edited by SBR_L3GION; 06-22-2008 at 07:56 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

tantrum829 is keeping up the good worktantrum829 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
boys and girls be patient with me i have been working pretty hard on this i found a way to test twice as efficiently i have just been reslly tired because all last week i would get less than four hours of of sleep a night if i slept at all im working on getting this as efficient as possible. i think i found the issue with my other roms but it doesnt make any sense as to why its doing it. and if anyone could provide me a link for the .net 3.5 cab then will be very greatful. the reasoni ask for it is because if i cook it in the ROM it messes up also i have ported this ROM for the mogul to but i think i will start a seperate thread for that as this is for the vogue but i have a lil more testing to do on that before i release anything as even beta. also wait for the DIamond packages to be thrown in after i get a decently working ROM but i have seen great things in this ROM. it is very very quick and very responsive on both of my devices so that is something to look forward to. also if i figure it out i will also be porting the .xip but that is more of a distant project.
Here you go:
Attached Files
File Type: zip NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.zip (2.57 MB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-22-2008, 08:41 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

I am downloading now and will take a stab before we pack up and leave for Church.

The only question that I can think of is to confirm that:
a) you have done this with the leaked Sprint 3.02 ROM as a base and the latest Diamond 5.2.19591 as the donor and
b) you have done this WITHOUT adding anything else AT ALL

Once you can confirm that the process works without any other variables, then adding extra ingredients would be the next step.

Best regards,
-boggsie

Quote:
for those who would like to take a look at my attempt at porting the new rom here is a link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/12408469...igned.rar.html

bugs that i have encountered.
1. none of the nue tools work
2. contacts wont open
3. no trial time on touch pal
4. HHC doesnt work.

the only upsides i have found to it is that it is a newer build and is very fast and responsive.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Threadstarter

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i did add extras quite a few but i also made a bare bone version for my mogul and the usuals still seem to be happening.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:30 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
ok im having issues with my new ROM none of the nue tools work and HHC is not working any ideas. i am also having issues with my contacts but i gave also installed .net3.5 this is the only thing i have installed that i think would cause problems.
I got contacts to work, I can't run:
Home Customizer
Oto
Neu xxxxx
...All the above I get the " 'oto' is not a valid pocket pc application"..

what other issues are there?

Edit: And I can't get pimbackup to work, it errors out after restoring 50%....Gotta fix it or revert back to a 30 day old version of winmo!

Last edited by rstoyguy; 06-22-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Threadstarter

i also have contacts running now give me alil bit more time and i will see about that other stuff
Old 06-22-2008, 12:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I got contacts to work, I can't run:
Home Customizer
Oto
Neu xxxxx
...All the above I get the " 'oto' is not a valid pocket pc application"..

what other issues are there?

Edit: And I can't get pimbackup to work, it errors out after restoring 50%....Gotta fix it or revert back to a 30 day old version of winmo!
Pim backup is gonna be a problem. All us flash-happy people rely on that program. I personally have SPB Backup so its not too much of a problem for me but I do love that little program. Did you install it via cab file or did you just have the exe sitting on your storage card?

As a side note... I have a couple of insiders over in the Kaiser forum at XDA who are keeping me informed on new and interesting things regarding overclocking and anything ATI driver related. If they make any developments over there you guys will be the first to know.

Last edited by DHarvey; 06-22-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:06 PM
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
Pim backup is gonna be a problem. All us flash-happy people rely on that program. I personally have SPB Backup so its not too much of a problem for me but I do love that little program. Did you install it via cab file or did you just have the exe sitting on your storage card?

As a side note... I have a couple of insiders over in the Kaiser forum at XDA who are keeping me informed on new and interesting things regarding overclocking and anything ATI driver related. If they make any developments over there you guys will be the first to know.
I did narrow it down to restoring speed dials. I don't use those. I just need to restore my text msgs. I sent a bug report with the windows error files to the author, so hopefully we'll get a new version soon. Oh, and just sitting on the sd card.

Now I'm working on the programs that don't work. Most require netcf, so I'm going to try and tweak on that for a while.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:14 PM
SuperNoob

Quote:
does anybody know how to get rid of the stock crap in the ROM
Like which items do you want to get rid of?

And upgrading the camera and a few other items...bad idea at the moment...
Old 06-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Like which items do you want to get rid of?

And upgrading the camera and a few other items...bad idea at the moment...
the sprint music store and the old zip program. i was thinking about getting rid of the voice things but then i decided some people may use i also want to get rid of the the task manager that sprint sent with it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development