PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Sprint

jaydee33 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Almost OEM 6.1 Sprint ROM **V.3.0** (6/10/08) GPS/Rev A. Enabled - NOW 2 VERSIONS

Loved v.2.1. Best rom for me yet! Been dying for your update. Flashing tonight and let the fun begin!!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid
Threadstarter

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Re: Almost OEM 6.1 Sprint ROM **V.3.0** (6/10/08) GPS/Rev A. Enabled - NOW 2 VERSIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssolomon View Post
At the risk of being mocked for my ignorance, why do you classify the ROM as almost OEM? I'm just ot sure how to understand how OEM is being used in this sense.
It has the OEM look, IE: Home plugin, cube, sprint bloatware, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilkevinli View Post
Thanks for all your work !

Here are some things I noticed:

1. Old version of Google Maps
2. Sprint intro screen seems to have a line accross the top (Default doesn't. I see it in your SS above)
3. The Button on the Sprint Home screen for "Live Search" doesnt work
4. Phone is recognized as a Mogul instead of a Touch.
1. I can't seem to find the newer version in an OEM.
2. I can't figure out how to get rid of that. I tried to edit the gif but it got very choppy and wasn't even worth using.
3. That I didn't notice. If any great minds out there know how to fix this please let post how. Thanks.
4. I believe this is unavoidable since Telenav was exclusive for the Mogul and not the Touch and Telenav is cooked into ROM.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/$0 Exec Plan..YES I SAID $0

fergdogg23 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to fergdogg23

I am pretty tech savy and I did a lot on my mogul but I am totally lost with what to do with this rom though I WANT IT!!! I know I need the new Radio but I read those intructions and got totally lost. I dont know...is there an easier way to do all this just so I can get this update ROM and get the newest available? THANKS!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 10:24 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergdogg23 View Post
I am pretty tech savy and I did a lot on my mogul but I am totally lost with what to do with this rom though I WANT IT!!! I know I need the new Radio but I read those intructions and got totally lost. I dont know...is there an easier way to do all this just so I can get this update ROM and get the newest available? THANKS!!!

The instructions linked above sound alot harder then they actually are. My advice would be to read the tutorial, downloading all of the files as you go. You don't need to worry about any tutorial but the first unless you feel comfortable with them.

Once you have all of the files downloaded then go ahead and begin the upgrade, re-reading the thread as you go.

Good luck!!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
The instructions linked above sound alot harder then they actually are. My advice would be to read the tutorial, downloading all of the files as you go. You don't need to worry about any tutorial but the first unless you feel comfortable with them.

Once you have all of the files downloaded then go ahead and begin the upgrade, re-reading the thread as you go.

Good luck!!
Thanks for the advice but I am kindaconfused by the downloads.... I need the radio....which the link takes me no where..... then the coke.... then the rom.... I have the coke and rom just not the radio.... Then install in this order:

RADIO
COKE
ROM

Correct... Thanks
Old 06-10-2008, 11:52 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergdogg23 View Post
Thanks for the advice but I am kindaconfused by the downloads.... I need the radio....which the link takes me no where..... then the coke.... then the rom.... I have the coke and rom just not the radio.... Then install in this order:

RADIO
COKE
ROM

Correct... Thanks
Do you have AIM? I will gladly walk you through it as I have nothing better to do tonight.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
Do you have AIM? I will gladly walk you through it as I have nothing better to do tonight.
I am on AIM my SN is DavidElix
Old 06-11-2008, 02:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

cyburke is a n00b

thanks for your hard work.. i haven't tried a rom yet but i want to try your clean rom.

does telenav just work when you use this rom? you don't need an account or anything..?
Old 06-11-2008, 03:14 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyburke View Post
thanks for your hard work.. i haven't tried a rom yet but i want to try your clean rom.

does telenav just work when you use this rom? you don't need an account or anything..?
It is recommended you have Navigation on your account before using Telenav. It will charge you otherwise.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

rocknyc is just getting started

I was so excited about this updated ROM until i realized jivetalk doesn't work on it. Thanks for the updates but I think i'll go back to 2.1 which has been rock solid for me so far.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development