PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

thelink12 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Almost OEM 6.1 Sprint ROM **V.3.0** (6/10/08) GPS/Rev A. Enabled - NOW 2 VERSIONS

I upgraded to the Sprint OEM ROM, and am now trying to install the full version. I downloaded the files and ran the Rom Updater. It connects and goes through the quick wizard but during the update the progress never gets above 0% and eventually fails with a connection error. I have rebooted my computer, the phone, reinstalled activesync. What am I missing?????
Old 07-23-2008, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Sprint Touch)
Carrier: Sprint: $30 SERO

tatnai is becoming a great contributor
Re: Almost OEM 6.1 Sprint ROM **V.3.0** (6/10/08) GPS/Rev A. Enabled - NOW 2 VERSIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelink12 View Post
I upgraded to the Sprint OEM ROM, and am now trying to install the full version. I downloaded the files and ran the Rom Updater. It connects and goes through the quick wizard but during the update the progress never gets above 0% and eventually fails with a connection error. I have rebooted my computer, the phone, reinstalled activesync. What am I missing?????
You wouldn't happen to be using Parallels Desktop on a Mac, would you? This happened to me using my mac and parallels desktop with winxp, switched to a regular pc running xp and ran just fine.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

thelink12 is a n00b

Worse, I didnt read the initial posts properly and did not run the Vogue Unlocker. One I did that it was a breeze. Now I just need to find a good program to use with the GPS.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Sprint Touch)
Carrier: Sprint: $30 SERO

tatnai is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelink12 View Post
Worse, I didnt read the initial posts properly and did not run the Vogue Unlocker. One I did that it was a breeze. Now I just need to find a good program to use with the GPS.
Live Search isn't bad, gives step by step with "beep" announcements to tell you you are approaching a turn (if you want something already on your phone). For phone based maps and voice announcements, I downloaded iGo 2006 (torrent), haven't installed it yet; there is a post in here somewhere where someone broke down the pros and cons of all the available GPS software. Try a search, though I've learned to hate searching this forum as it seems hard to find the best result in everything that comes back.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

For you who are still running this ROM, someone PLEASE do me a favor--copy out an alert sound file (in the \windows directory, .wav I think) named dblbeep (double beep, or something similar) and send it to me (PM for email). If it makes it easier, I will take all the .wav and .mid from the \windows directory. DH's new ROM does not include this file and it is just the right sound for what I'm looking for. Many thanks for any help!
Old 07-27-2008, 08:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

JCOvaltine is a n00b

Are you going to make a update to this rom based off the new official sprint release?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development