PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2008, 02:46 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Titan 3.35.04 radio

I just figured out how to get the titan radio to work on the vogue correctly if there is no mishaps I will post the how to instructions.

INSTRUCTIONS (added by mindfrost82...written by JD):

First you have to have a 3.xx rom loaded

I did not have my sdcard in when I did this so maybe you shoud take yours out to.

Next you have to use the .40 unlocker to downgrade the spl (ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Im...e_unlocker.exe)
- Be in your current ROM with an active ActiveSync session, then run this unlocker and follow all of the prompts

Then you load the titan radio ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Jakdillard/temp/3.35.04radio.rar into a ruu folder then flash
- Do the power-camera-reset to get to the tri-color screen - it should say 0.40 unlocker ImCokeMan.
- You must have the RUU already downloaded, then extract the radio until that folder and flash.

Your device should boot normally showing the radio as 3.35.04 and the rom as 3.04.

Once the device comes on showing the information connect it to you pc when the device boots up it will come to the welcome screen.

DON'T tap the screen to get started instead wait for active sync to recognize the device.

Next run the 2.31 unlocker follow all of the steps when it is done your device will reboot (ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Im...r_MFG_2.31.exe)

This time when it does its ok to disconnect and go thru the getting started process or load the new Hybrid ROM with the new drivers.
- Download the new Hybrid ROM (ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Ja...idv1.42908.rar).
- Do the power-camera-reset to get the the tri-color screen (should say 2.31 unlocker ImCokeMan).
- Flash the new ROM as usual

Warning if you do not downgrade the spl the radio rom will not load Also if you do not relock the device with the 2.31 bootloader it will cycle reset on you untill you do relock it
Old 04-29-2008, 02:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: Titan 3.35.04 radio

would the benefit of this be better GPS?

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 04-29-2008, 02:51 PM
The Trend Setter
Threadstarter

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
would the benefit of this be better GPS?

so far I have had google maps find me in 2mins where before it took between 5-8 if I was lucky ....... from what I have been reading it seems the the 3.37 radio is gps compatible but the 3.35 is more dedicated to gps so I'm just testing that theory
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:53 PM
VIP Member

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

sweet, im itching to set-up my replacement touch right now, but im trying to wait cuz u keep comin up wit shiot. I guess ill stay bare bones stock for right now, jeez this sucks, but good work dude
Old 04-29-2008, 02:55 PM
The Trend Setter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
sweet, im itching to set-up my replacement touch right now, but im trying to wait cuz u keep comin up wit shiot. I guess ill stay bare bones stock for right now, jeez this sucks, but good work dude
Right on my guy
Old 04-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I'll be doing this update as well once you release it

EDIT: Have you noticed any of the standby issues people have been currently experiencing? Like where GPS seems to turn off until a soft-reset.

Great work JD!!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 02:58 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
I just figured out how to get the titan radio to work on the vogue correctly if there is no mishaps I will post the how to instructions
There is only one word to describe this development ... SCHWING

I had a Mogul / Titan w/ GPS for a couple of weeks before switching to the Touch / Vogue. With the Titan, GPS Lock was much, much faster and I would typically see >8 satellites locked. With the Touch, my results are in line with what I see others reporting ... 6 minutes to initial lock and I rarely see more than 4 satellites locked.

Edit: Just to confirm: I'll be standing in line for this update!

Best regards,
-boggsie

Last edited by boggsie; 04-29-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
There is only one word to describe this development ... SCHWING

I had a Mogul / Titan w/ GPS for a couple of weeks before switching to the Touch / Vogue. With the Titan, GPS Lock was much, much faster and I would typically see >8 satellites locked. With the Touch, my results are in line with what I see others reporting ... 6 minutes to initial lock and I rarely see more than 4 satellites locked.

Edit: Just to confirm: I'll be standing in line for this update!

Best regards,
-boggsie
(getting tent now)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:02 PM
The Trend Setter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
I'll be doing this update as well once you release it

EDIT: Have you noticed any of the standby issues people have been currently experiencing? Like where GPS seems to turn off until a soft-reset.

Great work JD!!!!
No I haven't but I also am not using the same set of drivers you may be I have upgraded my drivers ..... right now I'm uploading a rom with these drivers I'll post a link shortly
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900

grooves12 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
No I haven't but I also am not using the same set of drivers you may be I have upgraded my drivers ..... right now I'm uploading a rom with these drivers I'll post a link shortly

Looking forward to this, as I have a feeling it is more of a driver issue than anything else at this point.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development