PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 09:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

jacksplat is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GPS Fixes by Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by plemen View Post
This says it's safe for Telus users. I tried, just for fun, dialing *22803 from my VZW phone and it goes to US Cellular. I think this might be another case of a fix being specific to a carrier.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The order can be 1,2,3,6,4,5. That might work better jack. Try it out, let me know. That 22803 might need to be 228 for you, but im not sure.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC XV6900

sputnikkk is just getting started

OK - 22 Pages + of reading and scanning and eyes watering and all I see is Sprint users are stoked ... all others can just hang.

Is there a fix in there for us non sprint users ghettofreeryder?

Need a sprint PRI and a ppst.exe or some such business ... that might as wel been in ancient Mayan because - yo no comprendo.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnikkk View Post
OK - 22 Pages + of reading and scanning and eyes watering and all I see is Sprint users are stoked ... all others can just hang.

Is there a fix in there for us non sprint users ghettofreeryder?

Need a sprint PRI and a ppst.exe or some such business ... that might as wel been in ancient Mayan because - yo no comprendo.
I did alot of testing early this am (yes 2 am) with my 6800, and following the directions here. So the steps I took were as follows:

1) Flashed leaked Sprint ROM - did not run customizations.
2) Installed and ran Sprint PPST - installed without issue. Checked and was running 2.03 PRI.
3) Obtained MSL for device
4) ##778# completed successfully.
5) Tried *228 for Sprint but got automated msg to enter Sprint number.
6) Flashed 5067 ROM to device successfully.

My 6800 booted up and I was able to *22899 for VZW successfully. This allowed the voice to work fine. The data at this point was dead with a PPP error 11, which is an auth error. Left it for the morning and called VZW tech support, who got me a new A-Key.

At this point I dont know if this will work for us VZW users. I have not seen a VZW success story with this updated PRI. I am perfectly willing to continue working on this, but not sure where to head. Would like some help!

Steve
Old 06-01-2008, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Cool Re: GPS Fixes by Carrier

Verizon info ...

So I have a 1.x PRI - whatever it does or is ...

I have already :

1. Unlocked my stock Vzw touch with coke 2.31x

2. Flashed the Alltel Rom which had a 3.35 radio - then I read on OMJ's post
no customizations were allowed to run on above Alltel FLASH

3. Flashed the leaked Sprint ROM which took the radio to 3.37 - as per OMJ's ROM upgrade thread.

4. Did NOT let the Sprint customizations run ...

5. Flashed OMJ's Full Custom verizon version rom with GPS / Rev A and WM 6.1.

6. Called Verizon support and got a new "akey" ? - i think - they reset something - I send/rec'v calls now.

I have never made anything near a conection with a GPS Sat

My Internet speeds a < 500Kbps [2000 kbps was why I wanted to flash ]
Old 06-01-2008, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Threadstarter

jacksplat is just getting started

Yah, I'm still on the fence about the PRI. I've seen enough people say it didn't work to believe it doesn't work for VZW, but again...nothing is to organized. Anyyy wayyy...

So, I unlocked the phone using 2.31, flashed the sprint 3.02 rom (without customizations), then did the Vogue 3.02 GPS from the kitchen. My experience has been very good overall -

Rev A is for sure there, no changes needed. tests have been between 500k and 1035k, so that's definitely kicking.

After all my mucking with the GPS, it does work, but the rules are pretty strict. I have to use GPS Viewer to start it up...and that can take up to 5-10 minutes to lock. Sometimes it's a little quick and I'm usually about 7 or 8 sats outside and 3-5 inside by a window. However, if it goes to sleep while the GPS is active, it won't come back unless I remove the battery. So I must close all GPS apps and then close the GPS in GPS Viewer. If I follow those instructions every time, once it's tracking, it's reliable outside and decent by a window.

So given the fact that I can make it work through careful planning, I'm not in a big hurry to try to go backwards (which I suppose is another topic..I'm nervous, having already flashed the radio up to 3.xx, to try to go back to the stock VZW rom to then do the sprint rom to then do the kitchen again..but I digress slightly) just to maybe get a faster seek time and then end up with no data, or no radio or always roaming or any of the other horror stories I heard.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksplat View Post
Yah, I'm still on the fence about the PRI. I've seen enough people say it didn't work to believe it doesn't work for VZW, but again...nothing is to organized. Anyyy wayyy...

So, I unlocked the phone using 2.31, flashed the sprint 3.02 rom (without customizations), then did the Vogue 3.02 GPS from the kitchen. My experience has been very good overall -

Rev A is for sure there, no changes needed. tests have been between 500k and 1035k, so that's definitely kicking.

After all my mucking with the GPS, it does work, but the rules are pretty strict. I have to use GPS Viewer to start it up...and that can take up to 5-10 minutes to lock. Sometimes it's a little quick and I'm usually about 7 or 8 sats outside and 3-5 inside by a window. However, if it goes to sleep while the GPS is active, it won't come back unless I remove the battery. So I must close all GPS apps and then close the GPS in GPS Viewer. If I follow those instructions every time, once it's tracking, it's reliable outside and decent by a window.

So given the fact that I can make it work through careful planning, I'm not in a big hurry to try to go backwards (which I suppose is another topic..I'm nervous, having already flashed the radio up to 3.xx, to try to go back to the stock VZW rom to then do the sprint rom to then do the kitchen again..but I digress slightly) just to maybe get a faster seek time and then end up with no data, or no radio or always roaming or any of the other horror stories I heard.
Based on wha I have seen and experienced I am going to wait to see more VZW successes or wait for the VZW official upgrade. They have got to have something in the pipeline since they are the last carrier now!
Old 06-02-2008, 01:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Not going to believe this !!!! But .... I stumbled UPOn this post and lo and behold - checked my settings and - wanted to do evil things to this phone!!! was set to 911 ...

Quote:
1. Goto Dialer Pad
2. Press Menu
3. Goto Options
4. Goto Services
5. Select Location Settings
6. Press Get Settings
7. Select ON
8. Press OK
Got some Sat hits - gps viewer NEVER indicated a position fix or from what i could tell were legit LOCKS but I saw 5-6 different sats I think. Wil continue to test.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnikkk View Post
Not going to believe this !!!! But .... I stumbled UPOn this post and lo and behold - checked my settings and - wanted to do evil things to this phone!!! was set to 911 ...

Got some Sat hits - gps viewer NEVER indicated a position fix or from what i could tell were legit LOCKS but I saw 5-6 different sats I think. Wil continue to test.
How did the PRI update go?
Old 06-02-2008, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofreeryder View Post
How did the PRI update go?
THIS POST PERTAINS TO VERIZON XV6900 ...

Which phase bro ... I ve been on this thing all damn day!

I have the 1.3x_xx PRI now - but as I stated in another post I jacked up your sequence instructions. So Im not sure exactly where its at - other than I can now make calls - access the internet and got a blue dot on google maps

That said ... I Did steps 1 & 2 that you posted on the Sprint Leaked ROM. Then before step 3 I did flashed to the OMJ Custom Verizon ROM - then performed steps 3, 4. Phone didnt really work at that point. I had to place a call to vzw tech support [2nd time today] to make calls, check vm & get net access.

Vzw tech support gave me a 26 digit A-Key to install - walked me thru that install. Then checked my web user name and password access settings, then did some network reset on their end, then all was connected and functioning. Then I found that post about the Location vs. 911 only settings - then satalites came into my life.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development