PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 04:01 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Customize your StartMenu for PPCKitchen.org's - BuildOS - Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
One suggestion....

Instead of having to edit .lnk files within rars or anywhere else, it would be easier to just create new .lnk files and have them in the OEM in User_OEM. These will overwrite any shortcut files that are in OEM or SYS. This is also a good idea since it reduces the risk of unintentional errors when messing with core files. I will definitely look at this though. Looks like a helpful tool. Perhaps we can streamline it further.
I tried that initially, but since the files are already entered in the initflashfiles.dat, I was getting duplicates. So I came up with the renaming thing...That and my start menu\programs list was 3 pages with QuickMenu.

Quote:
One suggestion....
Also, after rereading, are you talking about the start menu or Start Menu\Programs? I am thinking it looks more like \Programs. If this is the case, I can show you an even easier way to do everything you want to do here. While BuildOS may be "limited" this is done to keep it simple. However, you can do just about anything you can think of with it while leaving the core files in the .rars.
This whole project started because the of the files in \windows\start menu directory, since these are mostly \sys files I came up with this. But it also covers \windows\start menu\programs as well.

Quote:

Anyway, I will try to get to it and create a provxml to show you how to do what you want.

One other thing, you don't technically need to create the directory as long as there is a shortcut going into it. However, if it is going to be empty for now, you have to create it seperately.

Good work though and I think this will help a lot of people.
I've read up on provxml and tried creating the mxip series type of files, with no luck for moving the files or keeping a certain reg key the same value after a soft reset. I did notice I didn't have to create the dir first, but I thought I'd go with a cautious approach just in case. I haven't coded in years, but that MenuIzer program sounds like it could be popular! And thanks!

Old 06-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I tried that initially, but since the files are already entered in the initflashfiles.dat, I was getting duplicates. So I came up with the renaming thing...That and my start menu\programs list was 3 pages with QuickMenu.
Ah, that is true. The initflashfiles.dat will still place the shortcuts in \Programs. Well, let me get a prov together and hopefully that will help you out a bit.

Yes, the Menuizer would be a great project. Like I said, I think the only real problem will be addressing how it handles the different apps users will choose. However, it wouldn't be difficult ot have it include the "standard" shortcuts.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Retired Staff

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff

Heh, by the way, you could create a whole new initflashfile.dat that would overwrite the original on too. Just thought of that. Anyway, back to the prov.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:31 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Heh, by the way, you could create a whole new initflashfile.dat that would overwrite the original on too. Just thought of that. Anyway, back to the prov.
I had old_man_jenkins say that was a bad idea. But I thought this would be the easiest way to do it and keep noob's away from the important stuff. I had nightmares of susie_noob editing the initflashfiles.dat with ms word and saving it in that format. I wanted them to get in there, rename a couple of lnk files and get out without hurting too much. And with the provxml, a little much for the noob keeping track of syntax of xml, and what not, and I have gotten away from usercustomization. While tierautoinstall is cool (selectable cabs), I not sure if it does provxml.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Retired Staff

Tautoinstall doesnt have to do provxml. Those are installed automatically. As far as xml, it will do that.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:26 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Here is where I am ...

I have cut down a great deal on the applications that I install post-flash. Most of the items I do install (UserConfiguration) require human-interaction to complete the installation. Thus, I have a need to create folders and move shortcuts around, once the install process has completed.

It seems that one way to do this is via the XML: command

Now, here is my question ... I want to test the XML command and in the readme for TAutoinstall, is mentions that 1.8 works with the XML command. Unfortunately, even with a config.txt that references the xml file, I can't get it to show up in my list of items to check and install.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 06-13-2008, 08:14 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Here is where I am ...

I have cut down a great deal on the applications that I install post-flash. Most of the items I do install (UserConfiguration) require human-interaction to complete the installation. Thus, I have a need to create folders and move shortcuts around, once the install process has completed.

It seems that one way to do this is via the XML: command

Now, here is my question ... I want to test the XML command and in the readme for TAutoinstall, is mentions that 1.8 works with the XML command. Unfortunately, even with a config.txt that references the xml file, I can't get it to show up in my list of items to check and install.

Best regards,
-boggsie
You cook your own rom right boggsie? Well since this tutorial I took colonel's advice and I edited the initflashfiles.dat directly. If you use the kitchen, just copy to my oem and ppckitchen will overwrite it.
I have taken all start menu items and moved them from initflashfiles.dat into my oem's initflashfiles.txt.

Here is what I have with my personal rom:

Quote:
Originally Posted by \oem\OEM_LANG_0409\initflashfiles.dat

rootdirectory("My Documents")
rootdirectory("Program Files")
Directory("My Documents")directory("My Pictures")
Directory("\My Documents\My Pictures"):-File("Waterfall.jpg","\Windows\Waterfall.jpg")
Directory("\My Documents\My Pictures"):-File("Flower.jpg","\Windows\Flower.jpg")
Directory("My Documents")permDir("Templates")
Directory("Program Files")directory("Connections")
Directory("\Windows")directory("Help")
Directory("\Windows")directory("Fonts")
Directory("\Windows")directory("Programs")
Directory("\Windows")directory("StartUp")
Directory("\Windows")permDir("Start Menu")
Directory("\Windows")directory("Temporary Internet Files")
Directory("\Windows")directory("AppButtons")
Directory("\Windows")directory("Favorites")
Directory("\Windows")directory("Rings")
Directory("\Windows")directory("AppMgr")
Directory("\Windows")permDir("System")
Directory("\Windows\System")permDir("ConfigMgr")
Directory("\Windows\System")permDir("CertDtls")
Directory("\Windows\System")permDir("DumpFiles")
Directory("\Windows\System")permDir("CabQueue")

; Start Menu contents
; Moved to OEM

; Startup Folder
Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("coldinit.lnk","\Windows\coldinit.lnk")
;Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("bugtrap.lnk","\Windows\bugtrap.lnk");
Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("poutlook.lnk","\Windows\poutlook.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("Welcome.lnk","\Windows\welcome.lnk")
; App Button default links
Directory("\Windows\AppButtons"):-File("Calendar.lnk","\Windows\calendar.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\AppButtons"):-File("Contacts.lnk","\Windows\addrbook.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\AppButtons"):-File("Tasks.lnk","\Windows\tasks.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\AppButtons"):-File("Record.lnk","\Windows\voice.lnk")

Directory("Program Files")directory("Windows Media Player")
Directory("\Program Files\Windows Media Player"):-File("Default(Portrait).skn","\Windows\wmp_WPC_por trait.lnk")
Directory("\Program Files\Windows Media Player"):-File("Default(Landscape).skn","\Windows\wmp_WPC_la ndscape.lnk")
Directory("\Program Files\Windows Media Player"):-File("Default(Square).skn","\Windows\wmp_WPC_squar e.lnk")
Directory("\Program Files\Windows Media Player"):-File("Welcome To Windows Media.wma","\Windows\wm_start.lnk")
; Help .LNK files
Directory("\Windows\Help"):-File("ActiveSync.lnk","\Windows\h_sync.lnk")

; Transcriber available for USA, FRA & GER
Directory("\Windows\Help"):-File("Transcriber.lnk","\Windows\Transcriber.lnk")

Directory("\My Documents\Templates"):-File("Blank Note.pwi","\Windows\blank.pwi")
Directory("\My Documents\Templates"):-File("Meeting Notes.pwi","\Windows\meeting.pwi")
Directory("\My Documents\Templates"):-File("Memo.pwi","\Windows\memo.pwi")
Directory("\My Documents\Templates"):-File("Phone Memo.pwi","\Windows\phone.pwi")
Directory("\My Documents\Templates"):-File("Sample Note.pwi","\Windows\sample.pwi")
Directory("\My Documents\Templates"):-File("To Do.pwi","\Windows\todo.pwi")

;Directory("My Documents")directory("Personal")
;Directory("My Documents")directory("Business")
;Directory("My Documents")directory("My Music")
;Directory("My Documents")directory("My Ringtones")
;Directory("\My Documents")directory("My Videos")
Directory("\Windows\AppButtons"):-File("Messaging.lnk","\Windows\tmail.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\AppButtons"):-File("Internet Explorer.lnk","\Windows\iexplore.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\AppButtons"):-File("Windows Media.lnk", "\Windows\WindowsMedia.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("CheckAutoRun.lnk","\windows\CheckAutoRun.lnk ")
Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("TrayAp.lnk","\windows\TrayAp.lnk")

Directory(LOC_DIRWINSTMNSETT):-File("WLAN Power.lnk", "\Windows\PowerWlan.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Help"):-File("PhoneSetting.lnk","\Windows\PhoneSetting.lnk ")
Directory("\Windows\Help"):-File("Clear Storage"LNK,"\Windows\ClearStorageHelp.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Help"):-File("Key Lock"LNK,"\Windows\KeyLockHelp.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Help"):-File("Device Information"LNK,"\Windows\DeviceInfoHelp.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Help"):-File("Backlight"LNK,"\Windows\KeyBoardHelp.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Help"):-File("Comm Manager"LNK,"\Windows\CommManagerHelp.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\AppButtons"):-File("Comm Manager"LNK,"\Windows\CommManager.lnk")
;Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("HTC_CM_Guardian.lnk","\Windows\HTC_CM_Guardi an.lnk")

;================================================= =========================
; SnapVue MASD customization settings
Directory("\Windows\Help"):-File("Large Start Menu.lnk","\Windows\EnlargeMenu.lnk")

; ===== LongPressEndKey =====
Directory("\Windows\Help"):-File("Long Press End Key.lnk","\Windows\longpressendkey.lnk")

Quote:
Originally Posted by \zzz_Start_Menu_OEM\initflashfiles.txt

;My initflashfiles.txt
; Start Menu contents
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu")permDir("Programs")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu")permDir("Settings")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs")directory("Games")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu"):-File("Calendar.lnk","\Windows\calendar.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu"):-File("Internet Explorer.lnk","\Windows\pie.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu"):-File("Total Commander.lnk","\Windows\Total Commander.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu"):-File("PHMRegedit.lnk","\Windows\PHMRegedit.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories"):-File("Messaging.lnk","\Windows\tmail.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories"):-File("Contacts.lnk","\Windows\addrbook.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories"):-File("Help.lnk","\Windows\help.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories"):-File("Calculator.lnk","\Windows\calc.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories"):-File("File Explorer.lnk","\Windows\fexplore.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories"):-File("Search.lnk","\Windows\search.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories"):-File("Phone.lnk","\Windows\cprog.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories"):-File("Tasks.lnk","\Windows\tasks.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories"):-File("Modem Link.lnk","\Windows\ATCIUI.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories"):-File("Internet Sharing.lnk","\Windows\IntShrUI.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories"):-File("ActiveSync.lnk","\Windows\sync.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories"):-File("PerfMan.lnk","\Windows\perfman.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\accessories"):-File("Camera.lnk","\Windows\HTC_Camera.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\accessories"):-File("Voice Speed Dial.lnk","\Windows\Voice Speed Dial.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories"):-File("Notes.lnk","\Windows\notetake.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Weather Radar.lnk","\windows\Weather Radar.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Pictures & Videos.lnk","\Windows\pimg.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Comm Manager"LNK,"\Windows\CommManager.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("HTC Album.lnk","\Windows\HTC Album.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Adobe Reader LE.lnk","\Windows\Adobe Reader LE.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Camera Album.lnk","\Windows\Camera Album.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Bluetooth Explorer.lnk","\Windows\Bluetooth Explorer.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Java.lnk","\Windows\Java.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Voice Recorder.lnk","\Windows\Recorder.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("\x0052\x0065\x006D\x006F\x0074\x0065\x0020\x 0044\x0065\x0073\x006B\x0074\x006F\x0070\x0020\x00 4D\x006F\x0062\x0069\x006C\x0065\x002E\x006C\x006E \x006B", "\Windows\wpctsc.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("\x0054\x0061\x0073\x006B\x0020\x004D\x0061\x 006E\x0061\x0067\x0065\x0072\x002E\x006C\x006E\x00 6B","\Windows\TaskMgr.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("\x0047\x0065\x0074\x0074\x0069\x006E\x0067\x 0020\x0053\x0074\x0061\x0072\x0074\x0065\x0064\x00 2E\x006C\x006E\x006B","\Windows\WelcomeCenter.lnk" )

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\GPS Navigation"):-File("Live Search.lnk","\Windows\LiveSearch.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\GPS Navigation"):-File("Google Maps.lnk","\Windows\Google Maps.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\GPS Navigation"):-File("TeleNav.lnk","\Windows\TeleNav.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\GPS Navigation"):-File("GPS Viewer.lnk","\Windows\mGpsCmd.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\GPS Navigation"):-File("Yahoo! Go 2.0.lnk","\Windows\yahoogo.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Multimedia"):-File("Windows Media.lnk","\Windows\WMPlayer.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Multimedia"):-File("Streaming Media.lnk","\Windows\Streaming Media.lnk")
Directory("\windows\start menu\Programs\Multimedia"):-File("TCPMP.lnk","\windows\Player.lnk")
Directory("\windows\start menu\Programs\Multimedia"):-File("Video Sites.lnk","\windows\Video Sites.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Multimedia"):-File("SprintTV.lnk","\Windows\SprintTV.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Multimedia"):-File("Audio Manager.lnk","\Windows\AudioManager.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Multimedia"):-File("Pocket Tunes.lnk","\windows\Pocket Tunes.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities\Phone Codes"):-File("AKEY [2539].lnk","\Windows\AKEY.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities\Phone Codes"):-File("DATA [3282].lnk","\Windows\DATA.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities\Phone Codes"):-File("DEBUG [33284].lnk","\Windows\DEBUG.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities\Phone Codes"):-File("DIAG [3424].lnk","\Windows\DIAG.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities\Phone Codes"):-File("PREV [7738].lnk","\Windows\PREV.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities\Phone Codes"):-File("PRL [775].lnk","\Windows\PRL.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities\Phone Codes"):-File("PST [778].lnk","\Windows\PST.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities\Phone Codes"):-File("RTN [786].lnk","\Windows\RTN.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities\Phone Codes"):-File("VOCODER [8626337].lnk","\Windows\VOCODER.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities"):-File("KeePass.lnk","\Windows\keepassppc.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities"):-File("Screen Capture.lnk","\Windows\Screen Capture.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities"):-File("Total Commander.lnk","\Windows\Total Commander.lnk")
Directory("\windows\start menu\Programs\Utilities"):-File("BT Audio.lnk","\windows\BTaudio.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities"):-File("PIM Backup.lnk","\Windows\ppcPIMBackup.lnk")
Directory("\windows\start menu\Programs\utilities"):-File("AdvancedConfig.lnk","\windows\AdvancedConfig .lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities"):-File("QuickMenu.lnk","\Windows\QuickMenu.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities"):-File("Device Lock.lnk","\Windows\DeviceLock.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities"):-File("nueLED.lnk","\Windows\nueLED.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities"):-File("nueMMS.lnk","\Windows\nueMMS.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities"):-File("nueFonts.lnk","\Windows\nueFonts.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities"):-File("dotFred Task Manager.lnk","\Windows\dotFred Task Manager.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities"):-File("dotFred Regeditor.lnk","\Windows\dotFred RegEdit.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities"):-File("Pocket RAR.lnk","\Windows\Pocket RAR.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities"):-File("Remote Desktop.lnk","\Windows\WM6-RDP.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\utilities"):-File("Zip.lnk","\Windows\Zip.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games"):-File("FreeCell.lnk","\Windows\FreeCell.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games"):-File("Hearts.lnk","\Windows\Hearts.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games"):-File("Solitaire.lnk","\Windows\solitare.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games"):-File("icon.lnk","\Windows\gamesico.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games"):-File("Bubble Breaker.lnk","\Windows\BubbleBreaker.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games"):-File("FreeCell.lnk","\Windows\FreeCell.lnk")

;Directory("\Windows"):-File("Setup E-mail.lnk","\Windows\acctwiz.lnk")
;End of File
Old 06-13-2008, 08:32 PM
b00nsquad

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Whoa - I appreciate that rstoyguy.

So this handles the items that go in via the PPCKitchen. Unfortunately, all of the post-cooking / flash installs aren't impacted, or can they be ... hmm, I guess you could insert dead shortcuts; shortcuts that wouldn't work until after the applications had been installed. I'll have to think about that.

What I wanted to avoid was doing the same work, on different items, using two different methods.

a) PPCKitchen items need to get cleaned up, so use initflashfiles.dat in a user oem to clean those things up.

b) Some applications get installed on first boot (SDAutorun or TAutoinstall) and so those get cleaned up with via cleanup.xml, as the last command in config.txt, prior to resetting the device.

Thanks again for your insight.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 09-12-2008, 08:27 PM
b00nsquad

A little different approach. I thought I would post here, too.

Basically, each OEM has the necessary (required) components listed in the options.xml for that office, accessories or media oem (attached). If you add the OEM to USER_OEM and refresh or restart BuildOS, you'll see a new group (hopefully) at the top of the OEMs in BuildOS. (. Organize Start Menu).

If you select an oem, it includes the required modules and organizes the start menu for those items.

The attachments are a WinRAR files, but I added the zip extension so that I could upload the files and attach them to this message.

Best regards,
-boggsie

Last edited by boggsie; 09-13-2008 at 01:04 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:46 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
A little different approach. I thought I would post here, too.

Basically, each OEM has the necessary (required) components listed in the options.xml for that office, accessories or media oem (attached). If you add the OEM to USER_OEM and refresh or restart BuildOS, you'll see a new group (hopefully) at the top of the OEMs in BuildOS. (. Organize Start Menu).

If you select an oem, it includes the required modules and organizes the start menu for those items.

The attachments are a WinRAR files, but I added the zip extension so that I could upload the files and attach them to this message.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Thanks for the files! But just one thing, with xml, if a file isn't there, doesn't it kill the whole file?

I'm just thinking about the ppckitchen update in 2009 that may not include some of those files....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development