PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2008, 02:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to savior02
Official HTC Touch Rom IS Here Folks!

Courtesy of PoorlyDuck - thanks for the link! Good looking out Broski

http://www.htc.com/us/faq_detail.aspx?p_id=76&act=sd

Here's the direct download link from HTC's website:

http://216.139.227.226/RUU_PPST_Vogu..._2.04_Ship.exe

Last edited by savior02; 07-18-2008 at 07:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 101 times.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

PapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Official HTC Touch Rom IS Here Folks!

what hate about this is it doesn't support unicode characters when sending sms.. while other providers like alltel do!! and i hate those threaded sms!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

eder is becoming a great contributor

it's the exact same filename...every letter, number, and symbol is the same

Old 07-18-2008, 04:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

well im not sure if its the same, but i will say that i havent noticed any bugs at all, and the gps works instantly, and the internet speeds are wild.. jus viewed a video with around 25 percent better playback with skyfire.. so far so good, how could one compare it to the version released on the 10th? i mean they said it was the "almost" official version.. so how different were we expecting the official to be?? anyway the opera version is the same from the last one, but i mean we can jus download the beta that leaked earlier

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 07-18-2008, 04:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

eder is becoming a great contributor

However, the OFFICIAL one off of the HTC site is 76.6MB and the LEAKED one is 79.0MB... I wonder what was taken out...
Old 07-18-2008, 04:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
please keep us posted
Came with Live Search as well...

Testing GPS right now

BTW WinMo 6.1 is really fast and compared to the previous Sprint ROM.

Taking forever to get a GPS Lock for some reason..(Hopefully thats just the first time.. Also I only have 1 bar in my room where I am)

I cant get a GPS lock with Live Search so I am installing google maps and will try with that

EDIT: GPS is not finding satellites at all

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!

Last edited by dette; 07-18-2008 at 04:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff

welp, there really isnt anything too special guys.. we've been through soo many beta's and different versions of the upcoming rom, an now that the official one is finally out, there isnt really anything thats going to catch our attention.. well except for the fact that everything finally works the way they are supposed to be working.. but dont expect to find anything special, we got what we wanted, the rom that works pretty damn flawlessly, so smile hopefully our chefs will get to it and put their flava to it with their funky roms, but yeah im bout to go to bed an crash.. nothing new here.. peace!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:45 AM
Almost a VIP

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
welp, there really isnt anything too special guys.. we've been through soo many beta's and different versions of the upcoming rom, an now that the official one is finally out, there isnt really anything thats going to catch our attention.. well except for the fact that everything finally works the way they are supposed to be working.. but dont expect to find anything special, we got what we wanted, the rom that works pretty damn flawlessly, so smile hopefully our chefs will get to it and put their flava to it with their funky roms, but yeah im bout to go to bed an crash.. nothing new here.. peace!
Yeah if we can get a kitchen with this ROM ill start cooking...

Can you get a GPS lock though?

EDIT: Soft reset and now got a GPS lock faster then i ever got on my Mogul... AWESOME! lol

this also boots about twice as fast too!

Last edited by dette; 07-18-2008 at 04:47 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by dette View Post
Yeah if we can get a kitchen with this ROM ill start cooking...

Can you get a GPS lock though?
yeah my locks are instant.. i mean the first lock might take 5 seconds instead of "instantly", but everytime afterwards will be INSTANT no matter what application i use, pops up as soon as i click "use gps" ...i used google maps, live search, and telenav
Old 07-18-2008, 04:58 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
yeah my locks are instant.. i mean the first lock might take 5 seconds instead of "instantly", but everytime afterwards will be INSTANT no matter what application i use, pops up as soon as i click "use gps" ...i used google maps, live search, and telenav
Yepp... Using Google Maps...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development