PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC QuickGPS - Locks in under a minute EVERYTIME...After LOTS of reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcopmanx View Post
I manually ran PPST.exe with default.ppst (forgot exact extension) in the same folder.
and what happened, did it say that things went fine? or did it give you any errors or...what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
well, i wasnt able to get this to work, but that ppst thing worked wonders. thank you
and yes it really does..i was absolutely amazed. especially considering how easy it is to implement; run a cab, run an exe, good to go!

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244
Old 05-23-2008, 07:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: (Bell Mobility)

avdude is a n00b

what rom and radio are you using for this ??? I'm a bell touch user and it seems the only combo that works for me is a 3.7.10 radio and a rom NOT built on the leaked rom... I have been having a nightmare trying to upgrade to a 3.7.15 radio .... i keep getting error messages when I click on exe and when i do get the ruu to load it comes up with an update Image version of 0.0.0.0????? I abort the ruu when I see the 0.0.0.0..... Anyone on bell care to share how you got your radio to the .15 leaked version... My gps works great with the .7.10 radio and using an omj rom non-leaked version... I just prime gps with gps today or gps viewer and get great locks quite fast.... When i download a rom built on the leaked rom I just get flashing sats but no lock..... I would love to upgrade fully to the 3.7.15 radio if someone can tell me how they did it on there bell touch...
Old 05-24-2008, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

myxheroxfell is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to myxheroxfell

can someone please explain this ppst.exe thing to me? I have sprint and it seems like other sprint users have it however I don't see it in my windows dir. Am I missing something? Help please
Old 05-24-2008, 05:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxheroxfell View Post
can someone please explain this ppst.exe thing to me? I have sprint and it seems like other sprint users have it however I don't see it in my windows dir. Am I missing something? Help please
run the cab found in the sprint gps still having problems sticky, found posted by boggsie on page 14. then run ppst.exe found in \windows.

good to go!
Old 05-24-2008, 05:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdude View Post
what rom and radio are you using for this ??? I'm a bell touch user and it seems the only combo that works for me is a 3.7.10 radio and a rom NOT built on the leaked rom... I have been having a nightmare trying to upgrade to a 3.7.15 radio .... i keep getting error messages when I click on exe and when i do get the ruu to load it comes up with an update Image version of 0.0.0.0????? I abort the ruu when I see the 0.0.0.0..... Anyone on bell care to share how you got your radio to the .15 leaked version... My gps works great with the .7.10 radio and using an omj rom non-leaked version... I just prime gps with gps today or gps viewer and get great locks quite fast.... When i download a rom built on the leaked rom I just get flashing sats but no lock..... I would love to upgrade fully to the 3.7.15 radio if someone can tell me how they did it on there bell touch...
what are all the steps you have taken?
what is currently on your device? spl/rom/radio...
what os are you running on your pc?
Old 05-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

xcopmanx is keeping up the good workxcopmanx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2561 View Post
and what happened, did it say that things went fine? or did it give you any errors or...what?

and yes it really does..i was absolutely amazed. especially considering how easy it is to implement; run a cab, run an exe, good to go!

Jim, no PPST.exe ran fine. I only was able to lock after running QuickGPS oddly. I know it's been said that it's just a placebo, but on a fresh ROM install, I ran PPST.exe, reset, then would run GPS Viewer, cold start. I'd leave it in one spot for 30 minutes and it wouldn't lock. I tried this a few times, in multiple places Then in the same position after running QuickGPS for the first time in the original spot, I was able to within a minute.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

fusion600 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdude View Post
It is not a carrier thing. I am on Bell in Ottawa, and have upgraded 3 phones all the way through, and it has always worked out fine. No Tricks, no Secrets.

I have seen the 0.0.0.0 and just continued and it worked fine. Currently I am using a kitchen based Rom, SPB Mobile Shell with the Diamond theme and everything works Awesome. I haven't had a lockup in weeks.

I only use Garmin, TomTom and GMaps for GPS, never could get any of the others to work, but all I wanted was Garmin/TomTom.

I would Love to try IGo, however, I am not going to shell out more money for a Nav program without being able to try it first.

I suggest just go to the kitchen, download BuildOS, build yourself a Rom and try Google Maps (It's free). I know how frustrating this can be, I had a friend give me his phone to flash, because even after I "walked" him through it over the phone he couldn't get it to work.

Sorry there are no hard tricks in this post, but take it as encouragement that it Does work on Bell. Also, if you try it with TomTom, don't forget to use AstroGPSLauncher. I would say that TomTom gives me the fastest/most consistent locks of all, but I prefer Garmin.

Don't give up, it does work.....
Old 05-24-2008, 11:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: (Bell Mobility)

avdude is a n00b

Thanks for the reply fusion.. I presently have on my touch

OP sys XP (pc)
rom 3.02.651.2
radio 3.37.10
pri 1.33_007
Bootloader 2.3.1 coke

I use TomTom google maps and gps today.. Gps today usually gets a lock on 4+ sat in 2-3 min.. I'd say 95% of the time .. After a week of use I only had to do a reset once to prime gps... Being a long time BT Holex gps user with Streets and trips and my lap top or TT on my treo I know that gps locks are hit and miss as to how quick you get a lock..This system with the internal gps is really no diffent in performace and is every bit as accurate.. I can live with the gps working the way it does now the little work it takes to prime the touch gps is a trade off for not haveing to carry around the BT GPS...

My real issue was with the 0.0.0.0 upgrade image i would get in the ruu when i tried to flash leaked rom to get a .15 radio... If you say that you have seen that also and continued with the upgrade and things worked then I will give it a try.. I must have downloaded that file 15 times thinking I got a messed up download... I have asked the same question in a number of threads here and on xda and this is the first time some one chimed in that they continued after seeing the 0.0.0.0 update image... I will give it a try again and see what happens ... I'm downloading the leaked rom (again, lol ) as i type and will try and flash it shortly ... Thanks so much for the info..

Avdude

Update.... I hit update at the o.o.o.o image update screen phone switches into boot loader mode, the loading screen pop up then returns to bootloader.. in about a min the ruu says it was sucsessful but it did nothing to the phone.. I soft reset from boot loader and phone reboots and is still the same radio , rom version etc.... I'm really stumped.... the first time I treid to upgrade from stock this happened also but once I went back and reloaded stock rom, I was able to load the altel rom to get where I am today with the 3.37.1 ... This upgrade to the leaked rom is just not co-operating for reason's that are beyond me...

Last edited by avdude; 05-24-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: VZW

soccerman821 is keeping up the good worksoccerman821 is keeping up the good worksoccerman821 is keeping up the good work

there is a different thread for ppst. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26410

.. thanks
Old 05-24-2008, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

fusion600 is just getting started

Quote:
Avdude

Update.... I hit update at the o.o.o.o image update screen phone switches into boot loader mode, the loading screen pop up then returns to bootloader.. in about a min the ruu says it was sucsessful but it did nothing to the phone.. I soft reset from boot loader and phone reboots and is still the same radio , rom version etc.... I'm really stumped.... the first time I treid to upgrade from stock this happened also but once I went back and reloaded stock rom, I was able to load the altel rom to get where I am today with the 3.37.1 ... This upgrade to the leaked rom is just not co-operating for reason's that are beyond me...
Man, that is weird.....

Have you given BuildOS from the kitchen a try? Again, that is what i ma using now.

Otherwise, I would be inclined to flash back to a Bell stock Rom and go forward from there. You know, change the unlocker back, run the Stock Rom, then update the unlocker and try again...??? That is the approach I would take.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development