PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Lurker

Vret is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NexVision's HULK ROM GPS_RevA

I'm interested in flashing my xv6900, my question is can I go straight to this ROM or do I need a to flash to a different one first?

There's so much information and so many different ROMs floating around here its very overwhelming.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomadewho View Post
I don't know if I'm just having bad luck but after being able to connect to the GPS in a very short time at first, about an hour later it doesn't lock anymore
Did u try a hard reset after the flash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyxl View Post
Very well done NexVision. i made a vid of this just for you on youtube. link is in vouge upgrades. very well done
Looking for link now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
Wow!!

After using a couple other ROMs and having problems finding a good consistant GPS lock, I flashed to this ROM and I'm seeing a huge impovement. I've gone from 4/6 sats to 8/11 in just a few seconds where before I would have to do multiple soft resets and wait several minutes.

Well done!!

I've decided I don't like the icons in the top tray, is there a way to go to the originals, without reflashing?

Dave
Unfortunately there is not once I get some free time though I will be working on a couple others which will use the grey theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparks View Post
This ROM looks really great, and I want to give it a try. However, I'm not really a fan of the green theme.

It looks like several items have been skinned. My question: what things do I need to change if I just want the default HTC (gray/black) theme?
Dialer, calc, comm, wmp and random access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vret View Post
I'm interested in flashing my xv6900, my question is can I go straight to this ROM or do I need a to flash to a different one first?

There's so much information and so many different ROMs floating around here its very overwhelming.
You need coke 2.31 and radio 3.35+

Glad you guys like it I spent alot of time tweaking it and testing and have actually made some more tweaks and improvements.

ROM's
OEM's
CAB's

If something is password protected do not ask for the password as you will not get it. If you do not already know it you are not supposed to.

Remember to give thanks to those owed.......
no2chem - GGuruUSA - naigaman - Colonel - Tiermann - ImCoKeMan - helmi - dcd - luv2chill

Without all of whom none of this would be possible.

Donate to me!!!

Old 05-24-2008, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900

Huskerfan is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexVision View Post

You need coke 2.31 and radio 3.35+
Is there any way of getting my original rom and original radio back if I screw something up? I'm running rom version 1.15.605.14 and radio 1.60.30 on a vx6900. Thanks for the nice looking rom!
Old 05-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work

green is great..and yes, we still like you even when you're angry.

Still would like an Indiana Jones theme, but for some strange unknown reason that request was moved to the themes section. lol
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

nexvision i want to commend you for all the hard work you do on these roms your roms are so original and very nice looking i aspire to do things like this but i am far from where i want to be. just want to say appreciate your work. also i have requests would you mind turning these registry edits into oems. i made them into cabs but i would like to put them in my roms feel free to use them in your roms if you like. i have a few more but these are the main two i use.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Assisted GPS Hack.zip (938 Bytes, 44 views) Click for barcode!

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab

Last edited by SBR_L3GION; 05-24-2008 at 11:52 PM. Reason: faulty hack.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

cansofspam knows their stuffcansofspam knows their stuffcansofspam knows their stuffcansofspam knows their stuffcansofspam knows their stuffcansofspam knows their stuffcansofspam knows their stuff

Anyone else having issues with EVDO when roaming?
I'm in an area where I normally get evdo when roaming... and did right before I flashed from my cooked rom. With this one though it always just has 1x(red iirc) not the green "Ev" like showing in the first post.
Is there a way to see if it is "actually" using EVDO and just showing 1x? Or is it just a sure thing that it is only getting 1x?
Old 05-25-2008, 03:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

Infinity-1 is a n00b

Is there a Nex rom for Bell?
Old 05-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cjegan2008 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to cjegan2008 Send a message via Yahoo to cjegan2008

Hey I have seen your ROM and I would like to flash my Sprint HTC Touch with this ROM, how do i do this ??? Im pretty computer savvy i just dont know how to flash this type of rom. I have downloaded the nbh file, and i have looked at the tutorial for how to convert the nbh file to a workable os. I need help. Would some mind giving me intructions on how to do this ??? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:17 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjegan2008 View Post
Hey I have seen your ROM and I would like to flash my Sprint HTC Touch with this ROM, how do i do this ??? Im pretty computer savvy i just dont know how to flash this type of rom. I have downloaded the nbh file, and i have looked at the tutorial for how to convert the nbh file to a workable os. I need help. Would some mind giving me intructions on how to do this ??? Thanks in advance.
As long as you are unlocked with 2.31 as per the stickies in this forum, download this. Unrar it in it's folder, copy the downloaded NBH into it, and run RomUpdateUtility.exe.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 05-25-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900

Huskerfan is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerfan View Post
Is there any way of getting my original rom and original radio back if I screw something up? I'm running rom version 1.15.605.14 and radio 1.60.30 on a vx6900. Thanks for the nice looking rom!
I've never done this before but I'm willing to take a leap of faith and I'm pretty computer savy and good at following directions. Are we sure this will work on a Verizon vx6900? And would I use the 2.31 unlocker? Seems like a lot of the instructions are geared towards Sprint. That's why I'm not sure.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development