PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 04:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint still having GPS problems? Try this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
Actually the only settings this will change for me is the GPSMode = 4.... everything else I have is the same.
For me, the official ROM just didn't work so well with GPS... and I sound like a broken record, but DHarvey's 2.9 vista ROM was and IS the only ROM--ever-- that will give me consistent GPS access. Never takes longer than 10 seconds unless I'm in a really low signal building or something... and I haven't soft-reset my phone in almost a week... still going strong... I test it about 5-6 times a day, as well as any time I take a picture, via GPSToday...

I honestly don't know why, but it works...
Old 07-28-2008, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: sprint

pjrey is just getting started

ya, it took me 15 minutes to get a lock tonight.. clear skies... i was moving though ( in my car driving ) but man, 15 minutes? im using the new offical 6.1 from sprint...
p
Old 08-01-2008, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

aspalaasn is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraAmerica View Post
Hmmm... I should use an avatar.

Here you are
Assisted GPS Hack.cab
This hack, whatever it does seemed to help my GPS. After I tried the new updated kitchens, my GPS seemed to go from getting 4-5 sat locks to getting 1-2, sometimes it takes a long time or doesn't even lock. After I tried this, now I'm back to 4-5 sat locks. I'll be testing this again and seeing how it fares for longer periods but so far so good.

Edit: I guess my initial observations were just coincidence. I am not able to duplicate it anymore. It still takes a long time to lock, and varies from 1-4 sats. I'm not sure why GPS is not as good with the new Kitchen.

Last edited by aspalaasn; 08-02-2008 at 03:57 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-19-2008, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2 Energy CookieTab ROM Running FrOyO

jihadi is becoming a great contributor

First thing, thank you all very much for these very helpful methods. The PPST.EXE seems to work but I have another problem that I haven't come across scouring the pages of this topic. I have the official Sprint rom that adds Opera, GPS and REV-A. I can't remember the the official release number but it ended with a .4 whereas the leak that was out ended with a .2
My problem is this. When I turn off the phone and turn it back on, or if it idles for a couple hours, my location setting turns off and I have to turn it back on SETTINGS/PHONE/LOCATION and the GPS works again.....SOMETIMES. I need to get this location setting to stay on before I try some other methods because I am fed up at this point. I have spent hours flashing and re-flashing to get my GPS to work SOMETIMES and my location turned off constantly. I have a registry editor. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks in advance.

Dustin
Old 08-25-2008, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

jiltedcitizen is a n00b

I too have a Sprint 6.1 rom, I downloaded it from the HTC site. I tried some of the suggestions here, the ppst.exe the assisted hack cab. It seemed to work for a while. I was exstastic. But now I never get a lock, and sometimes google maps will tell me there is no gps reciever. Can I fix it? I'm a flashing noob. Never done anything beyond the 'official' htc sprint one.

My radio version says 3.42.30
PRL version 60613
pri version 2.03_003

I read some things on here and tried ##775# or whatever and got a screen that said unlock...What do i need to put in there?
Old 09-03-2008, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH

pjrey is just getting started

i got DH's new black vista rom.. and man, i get locks fast now!! i should have flashed long ago...
i have toggled a-gps on and off... i do notice a difference... with agps.. it is MUCH fast locks... but i can get locks with it off as well.. just takes longer...
with agps its about 8 seconds now... opposed to 15-30 minutes before...
pj
Old 09-03-2008, 08:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

jiltedcitizen is a n00b

OK I seem to have sort of fixed my GPS woes. I ran the ppst and the other hacks in this thread. And after a soft reset will get locks really quickly. But after a night of being inside where it won't lock, it never locks again. Why? Is there a way to just reset the GPS chip instead of the whole phone?
Old 09-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

not sure if this will help but do a search for gps viewer its like a warm up for your gps and off of the NFSfan rom i get locks in like 20 sec. or less
Old 09-03-2008, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jiltedcitizen is a n00b

I have it. Like I said after a soft reset it works fine. After a while it doesn't want to lock.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc vogue

dag16 is a n00b

I have the same problem, it works for a few days, but then it stops and won't work again until I make a registry change
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development