PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 04:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH VOGU100
Carrier: Sprint

Turboz22l is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Sprint 3.02 OEM ROM / Kitchen incompatibilities and fixes

Please Leave this thread for incompatibilites for the new leaked Sprint Rom Making this Because the other thread is now 50pages long and its kinda tough to sort through.

Feel free to add any problems or incompatibilities you found for cooking the kitchen or using the OEM

(Remeber these are things to not include with your ROM in the kitchen feel free to install them seperatly afterwards unless there are known issues)

Kitchen issues things not to include with your ROM:

TouchPal Download and install Cab http://www.cootek.com/ ( Touchpal v3.0 working in latest kitchen use 6.1)
Any Dialer skins other then the stock HTC (will be testing out diff skins later tonight when I get home just none from the kitchen are working atm )
TomTom OR Garmin GPS
TCPMP Use this Cab (Fixed in latest kitchen) still no mpeg4 can install after may cause crashes
Astro GPS programs have reported issues : Slowing down the PPC as well as freezing. : Install GPS seperatly from kitchen in .CAB
PPCcontactsmanager Dont use this.

-SPB Calculator OEM not working. (Fixed in latest kitchen)
-MS Voice Command 17919 not working. Use 19209.

AudioPara problems and fix see post below
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26354

Kitchen developers using the oemizer, the contacts soft key path is incorrect, it should be \windows\AppButtons\Contact.lnk (compliments of Ludester)

Issues after Installation:
Error 67 code for internet sharing fix is here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=217781
Youtubeplayer download latest client http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=385227
Vtap download latest client www.vtap.com
Macflocube: Not working (if you have this working please post)

GPS Edits fixes:
Note:These may not work for everyone
Set Gpsmode=4: hklm\software\htc\suplgps GPSMODE from 2 to 4

Programs such as Garmin and IGO are messing with global settings: NO FIX YET

Please feel free to add to this list I will keep it updated as quickly as I can with what you guys add to the thread this will just make it easier to know rather then doing the trial and error

All info is taken from personal trial and error and information gathered from Post here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26114
Thanks to Tiermann and colonel and all the others to help gather this info for testing.

Last edited by Turboz22l; 05-17-2008 at 03:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: New Sprint leaked OEM and Kitchen incompatibilities

TCPMP. There's one version on XDA that appears to work, but I can't get mpeg4 videos to play with it.

I think you can remove my thing about GPS drivers. Apparently you don't need that virser_gps.dll file because people have reported that it still works fine without it.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

ludester is becoming a great contributor

Kitchen developers using the oemizer, the contacts soft key path is incorrect, it should be \windows\AppButtons\Contact.lnk

I see you have the audiopara file problem posted.

Other then those two, I have no problems at all what so ever. GPS lock is insanely quick!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

None of the dialer skins work. Just the HTC one dated 5/1/08
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

For the record I'm NOT patching GPS drivers at all and it seems to work fine (as well as any other ROM anyway).

I also set GPSDaemonServer.DLL service to Manual. This service might be for reporting position back to applications for tracking your position. But this is just a guess.

My practice is, if you don't need it, don't run it, don't do it. And if I do need it, I'll find out soon enough.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
For the record I'm NOT patching GPS drivers at all and it seems to work fine (as well as any other ROM anyway).

I also set GPSDaemonServer.DLL service to Manual. This service might be for reporting position back to applications for tracking your position. But this is just a guess.

My practice is, if you don't need it, don't run it, don't do it. And if I do need it, I'll find out soon enough.

Thanks I will remove The GPS changes.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Re: New Sprint 3.02 OEM ROM / Kitchen incompatibilities and fixes

The version of TCPMP at xda does not include the mpeg4.plg. Also.. we've gotten TCPMP working for next update, minus the mpeg4.plg as it still seems to crash the entire app when including it. It will be optional for testing and for those on older ROMs.

SPBCalculator has also been fixed for next update.

"Error 67 code for internet sharing" shouldn't be an issue in the kitchen. Nothing as far as i can tell sets the extension entry to rilphone2, or the maxCMConnectretries to 1..
The sprint oem on the other hand sets extension to isext.dll which is correct and maxCMconnectretries is already 0. I've also just added this to OEMDrivers to make sure it gets set for everyone on next update.

Last edited by tiermann; 05-12-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:15 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiermann View Post
The version of TCPMP at xda does not include the mpeg4.plg. Also.. we've gotten TCPMP working for next update, minus the mpeg4.plg as it still seems to crash the entire app when including it. It will be optional for testing and for those on older ROMs.

SPBCalculator has also been fixed for next update.
Thanks updated first post to reflect this.

Last edited by Turboz22l; 05-12-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

where can i get the Ibliss dialer skin cab?
Old 05-12-2008, 06:26 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
where can i get the Ibliss dialer skin cab?
im not even sure they ever got the ibliss to work properly with wm6 or 6.1

I also know OMJ has some nice dialer skins somewhere around here that he uses and likes ( but not sure if they work with the new ROM as most skins arent )
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development