PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you be cooking your own ROM or using a custom ROM cooked by your favorite chef?
I'm going to cook my ROM! 34 46.58%
I'm going to keep using my favorite chef's ROM 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

calisoldier83 is keeping up the good workcalisoldier83 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: To cook or not to cook?

is the kitchen gui interface ?
Old 05-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

unless a certain chef has an extremely made over rom that cant be done with the kitchen then i'll be cooking my own.

ive come from the apache kitchen scene, so this is my preferred method.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Well I just read in the main kitchen thread and saw that the current HTC touch keyboard in the kitchen isn't working right but will be fixed in the update so I'm going to use my favorite chef's rom until then. The HTC keyboard is a deal breaker for me.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by calisoldier83 View Post
is the kitchen gui interface ?
Yes, beyond what you can imagine.
I had a friend w/ a titan, and I was trying to get him to try a custom rom.
He had no clue how to do any of this stuff. I showed him some threads about unlocking the titan, and then pointed him to the PPCKitchen.
He had a new rom the same day, and has not had any problems.

Even if you don't use the kitchen for you own rom, you should definitely install it and look at it. It's awesome what they've done.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:14 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

I had to do some manual manipulation to get UC to work along with the animated boot splashs for each carrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
I already cooked one, and loaded it. Now I'm about to re-flash with OMJ.WM6.1.GPS.Sprintv2.
I loved cooking my own roms on the 6700, but I haven't figured out all the reg hacks the chef's are using, and I don't really have the time to do it right now.

The rom I cooked has everything I wanted, but the UC didn't work, and it's seems very slow in response time when I try to open a program.

For now, I'm sticking to the stuff that already exist, and maybe down the road use the kitchen.
The nice thing about the roms you guys make is that there are several people using it.
When/If a issue comes up, several people see it, and work on a solution.
On my personal cooked rom, I'm the only one fixing the issues, and it get tiresome.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diam0nd

iampepito is keeping up the good workiampepito is keeping up the good work

I would make my own ROM but it seems like a whole lot of work to figure out the technical side of ROM making.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
The rom I cooked has everything I wanted, but the UC didn't work, and it's seems very slow in response time when I try to open a program.
probably because the default page pool is only 4MB right now - next release has it updated
Quote:
For now, I'm sticking to the stuff that already exist, and maybe down the road use the kitchen.
The nice thing about the roms you guys make is that there are several people using it.
When/If a issue comes up, several people see it, and work on a solution.
On my personal cooked rom, I'm the only one fixing the issues, and it get tiresome.
Not true...the kitchen has the broadest userbase of all. Sure, some minute problem might be just you working on it, but as for general functionality, you have thousands of users across multiple devices working on it...and you don't have to read all the threads, because updater will bring the fix to you.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampepito View Post
I would make my own ROM but it seems like a whole lot of work to figure out the technical side of ROM making.
It's trivial to make a ROM using the kitchen. Even a fairly pimped one.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:14 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

I'm running my own cooked ROM right now. Love it!

Now if I could only figure out how to make OEMs for my Cubes. Anybody know how to convert a CAB to an OEM?

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 05-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
I wonder if the role of a chef might simply change ...

Provide a set of "personal OEM's" and a selections.txt file so that folks could still benefit from the work of a chef (unique skins come to mind) but also take advantage of the flexibility and customization available in the PPCKitchen.
That's the right idea. The kitchen is already set up to accept add on packs from chef's, making tailoring of your favorite chef's rom an easy thing. For the most part, this is a matter of educating chef's on how to package their stuff. On the plus side, once you learn how to package using the new buildos, a chef's customizations are easily transported from rom to rom, device to device.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development