PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 08:52 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstack77 View Post
I am trying to modify whosdaman's diamond ROM (v1.6 full) but can't get past the "PrepIt" stage with the vogue kitchen tools.

cmd.exe output:

Processing Input.nbh
Cleaning up prior runs....
The system cannot find the file specified.
.... Done.
Locating Starting .nbh...
.... Done.
Extracting the OS from the ROM...
C:\Vogue_Kitchen_tools\Temp\extract\02_OS.nb
.... Done.
1 file(s) copied.
Pulling boot.rgu....

In dumprom.exe I get an endless stream of this:

Error: could not find pointer for ofs 69685431
Error: could not find pointer for ofs 69685432
Error: could not find pointer for ofs 69685433
Error: could not find pointer for ofs 69685434
...(repeated indefinitely)

If I close out the dumprom window I'm prompted to terminate the batch job, if I select no it moves on to the other steps and everything seems fine. However, the modified ROM stalls on first boot when loading the OS after flashing.

This is the first and only ROM that I have had any issues with...is there something I am doing wrong or can somebody else replicate/solve this?
whodaman uses bepe's rom protection so you can't modify his rom. Why? I dunno. All the components are free.... Ask whodaman to release his kitchen.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

I tried using your tutorial to customize a ROM I wanted to work on, but I got continuous errors when the ROM was trying to be pulled apart. Does that mean it is locked?

Steve

PS - great tutorial.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:03 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
I tried using your tutorial to customize a ROM I wanted to work on, but I got continuous errors when the ROM was trying to be pulled apart. Does that mean it is locked?

Steve

PS - great tutorial.
Let me guess...whosdaman's rom? While he denies it/blames it on the ppckitchen, he uses protection on his roms. And these methods won't work because the build files have been modified and deletes the packaging information from the rom. I was gonna rebuild dharvey's rom for the community, but after looking at it, it was a standard rom that only had some image files replaced. Nothing spectacular. A standard ppckitchen build. Sometimes starting clean is the way to go. I always start with a stock rom now, but I used to start with old_man_jenkins roms

Who's rom was it?
Old 10-09-2008, 01:16 PM
VIP Member

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Let me guess...whosdaman's rom? While he denies it/blames it on the ppckitchen, he uses protection on his roms. And these methods won't work because the build files have been modified and deletes the packaging information from the rom. I was gonna rebuild dharvey's rom for the community, but after looking at it, it was a standard rom that only had some image files replaced. Nothing spectacular. A standard ppckitchen build. Sometimes starting clean is the way to go. I always start with a stock rom now, but I used to start with old_man_jenkins roms

Who's rom was it?
I should have read the msg above mine. Yes it is whosdaman. No worries. I now know the answer.

Regarding your ROM have you had any reports of devices hanging after the flash? I took yours and customized it for my use (thanks!), and after the flash it stuck right at the HTC screen.

Steve
Old 10-09-2008, 03:15 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
I should have read the msg above mine. Yes it is whosdaman. No worries. I now know the answer.

Regarding your ROM have you had any reports of devices hanging after the flash? I took yours and customized it for my use (thanks!), and after the flash it stuck right at the HTC screen.

Steve
I haven't heard of it hanging at the HTC screen, this usually happens if you decompile a ppckitchen build, rebuild it, then flash it. I beleive that this is when the rom copies the files around. Depends on what you have added it may take a minute. If you still are having problems, let me know what you have added/deleted and I'll see what I can help you with...
Old 10-09-2008, 04:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
whodaman uses bepe's rom protection so you can't modify his rom. Why? I dunno. All the components are free.... Ask whodaman to release his kitchen.
Wrong again rstoyguy.....if you flash my rom and look at the favorites pages for PIE, you will see PPCGeeks.org is one of the favorites cause Colonel has added it somewhere in the kitchen to automatically put it in....if I was using NFSFAN's kitchen then that would not be in there, and I was using dogguys kitchen with Bebe's I would be using the Sprint ROM (or the new Alltel ROM) as my base and it would not contain the ppckitchen mods to the rom....

You can think I use NFSFAN's kitchen all you want, but I'm using PPCKitchen's and they have increased their ROM Protection so only thy can decompile it correct and know exactly where everything is.....
Old 10-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

no such thing as protection
Old 10-09-2008, 06:03 PM
VIP Member

I have only had the issue with WDM's ROM, which is what pushed me to think its protected. I have read a number of threads, both here and on XDA, about ROM protection.

I am not here to cast a vote in either direction, just to understand why the errors when I dont get it with any other ROM.

Steve
Old 10-09-2008, 06:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
I have only had the issue with WDM's ROM, which is what pushed me to think its protected. I have read a number of threads, both here and on XDA, about ROM protection.

I am not here to cast a vote in either direction, just to understand why the errors when I dont get it with any other ROM.

Steve
no idea....I am not doing anything different, all I do is update the ppckitchen everytime it says to do so, and I just make my oems and build my roms....thats it, I haven't do anything different since I started

Also Vet yes there is......thats why your ROMs can't be decomped, so cant DCD, and so can't mine now, except there is a way around it cause PPCKitchen can do it and it sets it up so they know where everything is.....
Old 10-09-2008, 06:17 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
Wrong again rstoyguy.....if you flash my rom and look at the favorites pages for PIE, you will see PPCGeeks.org is one of the favorites cause Colonel has added it somewhere in the kitchen to automatically put it in....if I was using NFSFAN's kitchen then that would not be in there, and I was using dogguys kitchen with Bebe's I would be using the Sprint ROM (or the new Alltel ROM) as my base and it would not contain the ppckitchen mods to the rom....

You can think I use NFSFAN's kitchen all you want, but I'm using PPCKitchen's and they have increased their ROM Protection so only thy can decompile it correct and know exactly where everything is.....
See below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetvito View Post
no such thing as protection
Yep.

Quote:

Steve
Let me rephrase what I have said. While whodamans rom may not have "protection", his rom has something that is preventing it from being de-compiled and reassembled into a base rom from which to build on.

spetrillo: I too do not have any problems when decompiling any other rom on here. Whether it was built with the ppckitchen, or dogguy's kitchen. That is why i chose the general word "protection". He has assured us there is none in his rom. Just choose a different base.

I'm not going to talk anymore about this now, other than the methods used in this thread will not work with whodamans roms.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 10-09-2008 at 06:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development