PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900 verizon

TheeWizard is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: An safer alternative way to get Rev-A/GPS

my touch is now a BRICK, its stuck on the tri-color screen, cokeman unlocker won't find it, active sync won't find it, and nothing resets it..

got to go find the unbricking thread

one problem with these directions ,

they don't tell you, that DOS window is oging to say one thing, the RUU window is going to pop up at the same time and tell you something else,

and the screen on your PPC is going to display some other instructions

just saying follow the instructions on your PC screen, and there are (2) windows with instructions

now i'm screwed

I did something out of sequence, push the wrong button.

I think instructions should say 'ignore everything, but ????'

BTW I never got to loading the rom, this thing bricked during the unlocking stage, there never was any alignment or customization

it came up saying vogue spl 2.01, never got to cokemans unlocker, tried reset , its stuck on the tricolor vouge spl screen
reset, reboot, hard reset, remove battery , same results, it comes back to the tri-color screen

Last edited by TheeWizard; 05-14-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Telus

Soul_Est is keeping up the good workSoul_Est is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Est View Post
@Darkflame808

This tutorial is great! Now I can experiment with unlocking my vogue from within a virtual machine (the only place windows xp will work now...WTF!!!). I'll post again when I've succeeded or failed in this lame attempt to unlock my vogue.
Sorry I haven't replied to this thread in some time but I have successfully unlocked my Vogue from my MacBook running the unlocker on Windows in a virtual machine.

Various tweaks and programs found on XDA-Developers, PPCGeeks, MoDaCo, and WinMo-Experts forums.

Thank you to all the experts who enlighten us on the ways of enhancing our phones beyond the norm.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900 verizon

TheeWizard is a n00b

today, i finally made it down to my local vzw corp store, ( same one i always goto )

they were Busy with tech problems, seemed like a lot of BB problems today

anyway after a LONG wait a young man waited on me,

i told him about the 'authentication problems' i had previously and the last time it happened i did a 'hard reset' and got this

then i put the battery in and showed him the tricolor screen, told him i had called in and switched back to my voyager, and this was the first chance i had to get into the store

he took one look and said " how about I give you a new one"

after the usual checking of account status, notations, verify serial numbers etc

I walked out the door with a brand new TOUCH fresh out of the box

IF vzw ever gets on the stick and makes the $30 data plan available for this phone, i will activate it.

for the time being i will keep using my voyager and just play with this one
Old 01-31-2009, 03:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Telecom NZ

DisturbedNZ is a n00b

Hi,

Just tried this, successfully unlocked my phone, the rainbow boot loader now displays:

"
Vogu100 MFG
SPL-2.31.CoKe
CPLD-3
"

However i cant continue to the next stage! I have gopied VOGUIMG.nbh from the exe onto my micro sd card, chucked it into my phone, gone into the boot loader and nothing! it just stays on the rainbow screen. no grey loading screen nothing. Ive reformated the card to FAT32 twice now ive definatley got the right file and the phone appears to be be unlocked just fine! any suggestions? Doews the capacity of the card matter? i only have a 4GB card, do i need something smaller?
Old 01-31-2009, 03:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rzawora is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedNZ View Post
Hi,

Just tried this, successfully unlocked my phone, the rainbow boot loader now displays:

"
Vogu100 MFG
SPL-2.31.CoKe
CPLD-3
"

However i cant continue to the next stage! I have gopied VOGUIMG.nbh from the exe onto my micro sd card, chucked it into my phone, gone into the boot loader and nothing! it just stays on the rainbow screen. no grey loading screen nothing. Ive reformated the card to FAT32 twice now ive definatley got the right file and the phone appears to be be unlocked just fine! any suggestions? Doews the capacity of the card matter? i only have a 4GB card, do i need something smaller?
I believe the 4GB card you are using is an HD (or high density). The card you use for this process needs to be a standard density. Something like 2GB or less. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that is your problem...
Old 01-31-2009, 03:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Telecom NZ

DisturbedNZ is a n00b

Yes. The card is a HC card. I shall purchase a 1gb tomorrow and give it a try. thanks for that.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

tom_m is a n00b

does flashing this remove your current rom and os?
i installed NFSFAN's rom which i LOVE - but don't have the newest radio, i have 3.37.78 ...

or do i have to flash to something to upgrade radio and then flash again and load back nfsfan's or any other rom?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development