PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GPS & standby mode

Update I am about to transfer the drivers off the phone, and will update in the next couple of minutes. You will have to manually start the drivers, and service. I will need someone who can .cab the files for me, so that we do not have to manually start the drivers after each rest, and also make a little bit easier for every to test.

Also once I receieved a GPS lock I held a signal throughout my home which I could not do before, and it's cloudy as well in Chicago.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I've never put files into a cab before, so I'm not sure how to do that.

If we're just replacing existing cabs, wouldn't we just have to start the service once, or does it force us to start them everytime we soft-reset?

If its everytime we soft-reset, I think we could use that Kickstart app posted here and just put it in our startup folder.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post

If we're just replacing existing cabs, wouldn't we just have to start the service once, or does it force us to start them everytime we soft-reset?

If its everytime we soft-reset, I think we could use that Kickstart app posted here and just put it in our startup folder.
As is right now you have to manually start the drivers every time you restart your device. I will try the kick start app to see if it will help. I'm sure if this helps someone will cook the new dll's into a rom, or create a cab that will fix the issue of manually starting the drivers.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

GPS drivers uploaded in first post
Old 05-01-2008, 11:19 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardukeme View Post
GPS drivers uploaded in first post

Testing...... Anymore details??????
Old 05-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
Testing...... Anymore details??????
Nope, but you might still have to prime your GPS first.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:23 PM
ptfdmedic

I meant like where they came from and why they are working better.....
Old 05-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post

Just tried Hgray's GPS Kick Start program, and it started everything but Virser_gps, maybe hgray can modify his program to start it.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:25 PM
ptfdmedic

I tried the my usual method of priming and no go.... How do you manually start the required drivers...
Old 05-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
I meant like where they came from and why they are working better.....
ptfdmedic to tell you the truth I do not remember, I was trying to get GPS working on the Vogue way before the Alltel rom, and I had accumulated a bunch of different dll's. I tried a multiple combinations of the different dll's to see which worked better together.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development