PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GPS & standby mode

Updated first post regarding virser_gps.dll
Old 05-01-2008, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SCI730 -> XV6700 -> XV6900 -> TP2 -> Droid Incred
Carrier: VZ

escribzz is a n00b

I loaded the today AP and soft reset. Turned the Toggle on, loaded up GPS viewer and recived and immediate lock. Closed out of completly of GPS Viewer Turn toggle off. Suspend for 5 minutes. Un-suspend, toggle GPS on and go back into GPS viewer and recieved an immediate lock.. This looks promising.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

the_jaguar is a n00b

Cross post from another thread -->
A potential solution to the standby problem would be to use S2U2 and ensure that the phone never goes to standby, instead turns off the screen. Yes, this will have an impact on the battery life, but I don't think it will be much.
I used to use S2U2 on pre GPS roms, and it used to do a pretty good job. As an added benefit, this solved my phone not waking up, etc issues.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

I have been testing a bunch off different drivers and I think I have the solution for the Standby problem, as originally posted in the first thread. I just have to due a few more test to confirm.

Update:

I left the phone go into standby mode for 30 minutes while Garmin is still running. Exited standby mode and Garmin found the GPS device instantaneously. Before in a similar circumstance it would be searching for a GPS device, and the display a message that it could not find one.

*Also I might have a driver for the GPS lock problem just not sure yet.

Last edited by mardukeme; 05-01-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

good work I think its already been deduced in another thread here too that restarting the drivers solves the standby problem. I think the question more now is how to do this efficiently. Going into Fred's every time is not gonna work for most. As mindfrost said, i suggest some kind of mortscript to run every time the power button is pushed on. Pretty much how S2U2 works, when you hit the power button to turn the screen on S2U2 activates. Should be the same concept.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
good work I think its already been deduced in another thread here too that restarting the drivers solves the standby problem. I think the question more now is how to do this efficiently. Going into Fred's every time is not gonna work for most. As mindfrost said, i suggest some kind of mortscript to run every time the power button is pushed on. Pretty much how S2U2 works, when you hit the power button to turn the screen on S2U2 activates. Should be the same concept.
Wont have to restart the driver, I have a different driver that correct the issue.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

ahh ok i didnt get that part of the solution. well dang post up the solution then. let a few people toy with it. its only a dll so it can always be backed up and replaced.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
ahh ok i didnt get that part of the solution. well dang post up the solution then. let a few people toy with it. its only a dll so it can always be backed up and replaced.
I will shortly I have a couple more drivers to check.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_jaguar View Post
Cross post from another thread -->
A potential solution to the standby problem would be to use S2U2 and ensure that the phone never goes to standby, instead turns off the screen. Yes, this will have an impact on the battery life, but I don't think it will be much.
I used to use S2U2 on pre GPS roms, and it used to do a pretty good job. As an added benefit, this solved my phone not waking up, etc issues.
I've been using S2U2, and even telling it not to suspend power doesn't seem to help the problem. I thought it would too, but it hasn't seemed to help me at all.

I hope mardukeme will post his drivers and give us some information on where he got them from. I've been a guinea pig throughout this whole process (I was the 2nd one to flash the Titan Radio after JD), so I will more than happy to test these drivers as well.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SCI730 -> XV6700 -> XV6900 -> TP2 -> Droid Incred
Carrier: VZ

escribzz is a n00b
Smile Re: GPS & standby mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by escribzz View Post
I loaded the today AP and soft reset. Turned the Toggle on, loaded up GPS viewer and recived and immediate lock. Closed out of completly of GPS Viewer Turn toggle off. Suspend for 5 minutes. Un-suspend, toggle GPS on and go back into GPS viewer and recieved an immediate lock.. This looks promising.

Just did this again 2 hours later with the same result, looks good lock within a minute...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development