PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 10:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Updated GPS Drivers (Possible Fix For Standby Issues)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardukeme View Post
I tried the cab install and it over wrote the old dll's correctly. If you want to make sure, just check the file dates of the installed dll's are a different date then the rest of the dll's in your windows directory.
But will it install over if the old DLL's were cooked in too?
Old 05-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
But will it install over if the old DLL's were cooked in too?
It should I deleted the new dll's off my phone and rebooted. Checked to see if I had the original dll's back, I did. Then installed the cab posted, did a soft reset and the new dll's were installed.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:04 PM
VIP Member

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Got it. Thanks
Old 05-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thumbs up Re: Updated GPS Drivers (Possible Fix For Standby Issues)

Followed the directions to a T. I was so sick of trying everything possible to get the GPS to work consistently. And now, I can say this thing has worked for me flawlessly! Even after charging all nigh, going in and out of sleep mode, GPS now works all the time.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

All chefs should incorporate these fixes now! Btw, where did these drivers come from? Inside connection? A leak from SPrint?
Old 05-06-2008, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: Bell

earthdan is just getting started

Is there a chance that some of the drivers or settings or whatever get transfered even after a soft reset or hard reset (with or without flashing a new rom). I had gps for a few days on omjs bell rom, played around with it, with no standby isuues (had the original kickstart files installed) but then I wanted to flash a different rom. Tried that one out but couldnt get gps to work and didnt like the rom. So now I'm back at omj's rom, and now the gps doesnt work, even after installing the kickstart/enable cab. Really wish I didn't mess around with my phone after having succesful gps haha. Oh well...

so yah my question was would there be any reason for the gps files to be carried over through hard reseting? I feel like I've confused my phone by adding/subtracting so many diff roms over the past few days. poor phone....

cheers
Old 05-06-2008, 12:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

Snackdragons is a n00b

I'd just like to chime in that i have been running OMJs windows mobile 6.0 rom (not 6.1) with revA and GPS on my sprint touch and it works flawless out of standby. a little slow sometimes, but thats because AGPS isnt functioning yet. (may have to wait for official ROM for that)

so if you don't need windows mobile 6.1 threaded SMS i'd say go with OMJ 6.0 revA GPS rom, been using it for about 2 weeks now with windows live search turn by turn directions, they are spot on!
Old 05-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthdan View Post
Is there a chance that some of the drivers or settings or whatever get transfered even after a soft reset or hard reset (with or without flashing a new rom). I had gps for a few days on omjs bell rom, played around with it, with no standby isuues (had the original kickstart files installed) but then I wanted to flash a different rom. Tried that one out but couldnt get gps to work and didnt like the rom. So now I'm back at omj's rom, and now the gps doesnt work, even after installing the kickstart/enable cab. Really wish I didn't mess around with my phone after having succesful gps haha. Oh well...

so yah my question was would there be any reason for the gps files to be carried over through hard reseting? I feel like I've confused my phone by adding/subtracting so many diff roms over the past few days. poor phone....

cheers
There might be chance, I noticed in the past where I have flashed from one rom to another and noticed some discrepancies. Basically now out of habit I always do a hard reset after flashing a new rom just to make sure it's clean, and there are no old files lingering around.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:56 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snackdragons View Post
I'd just like to chime in that i have been running OMJs windows mobile 6.0 rom (not 6.1) with revA and GPS on my sprint touch and it works flawless out of standby. a little slow sometimes, but thats because AGPS isnt functioning yet. (may have to wait for official ROM for that)

so if you don't need windows mobile 6.1 threaded SMS i'd say go with OMJ 6.0 revA GPS rom, been using it for about 2 weeks now with windows live search turn by turn directions, they are spot on!
Use Latest GPS DLL's and go in registry and change GPSMode to 4 and you will see AGPS working. Does not work every time but does most times.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900 / Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

vilord is just getting started

I would hit "Thanks" but don't have the post count yet.
This is working great on my phone!
Pre-install: went outside, stood there and wandered the parking lot for 20 minutes, got nothing.
Post-install: went outside, stood there/wandered the parking lot for 2 minutes, got a lock.
Bonus: Walked inside, it still sees the occasional lock (this is my office building, lots of steel/concrete above me), this never happened before for me, despite coworkers with moguls and tilts getting locks inside all day long.

I'd build a new rom with the kitchen and these dlls, but I'm going on a trip to Buffalo, NY and I need the phone, and the GPS, to work So I'm not changing anything 'till I get back.

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou!

Edit 5/7/08 This definately works perfectly after a soft reset. After standby seems to be spotty, will repost if it gets better.

Last edited by vilord; 05-07-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I have been playing around with a few registry settings, and now I am getting some weird result. Using Garmin Mobile XT and switching to satellite view, it shows all 12 satellites, at minimal strength which it never did before. Though once it starts picking up a satellite signal reverts back to the number of satellites viewed revert back to normal. Below is the registry settings I made.
The IP ADDRESS & PORT # are specific to SPRINT, it may work with other carriers or it may not. If no sure what your carriers IP, or port address are just leave those lines out.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\SUPL AGPS]

"EnableAGPS"=dword:00000001
"GPSMode"=dword:00000004
"ServerIP"="68.28.31.49"
"ServerPort"=dword:00001399
"EnableGPSSmartMode"=dword:00000001
"QosPerformance"=dword:00000059
"QoSAccuracy"=dword:00000032
"TimeBetweenFixes"=dword:00000001
"NumberFixes"=dword:3b9ac9ff

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction \CDMA]
"GPSOneSetting"=dword:00000001

Remember after you import the registry settings wait a little bit before you do a soft reset, because the settings will not be saved. I screwed up the first time and did not wait just did a soft reset and after boot up I rechecked the registry settings and it reverted back to the original settings.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development