PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket!!
Carrier: AT&T

hotbyz168 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ghettofreeryder v7 Roms - Rev A, GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
I installed the ROM and then installed Google Maps... but Google Maps is saying could not download data... is there something else I need to do ?

(yes, I unlokced installed Alltel ROM first and also have 3.37 Radio)
Do you have an active data connection? Or plugged in using activesync?
Old 05-01-2008, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VzW 6900
Carrier: vzw

640k is just getting started
Re: HTC Home Woes.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry_lthird View Post
I'm sorry--IDK where in the registry to look for that entry. Do you know where it is or can you just point me in the right direction......
Delete this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/OEM/MASD/QuickDial

For bluetooth, try AudioPara.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro
Carrier: Sprint

wad06 is a n00b

I love this rom. GPS locks fairly quickly and consistently, and the theme is great. I do have two questions though.

1) It appears the text message character limit per message is set to 140, whereas on my old rom it was 160. Is there a way to change it back?

2) Also, I've seen people referring to figuring out how to add their city to the weather tab, but I just wanted to confirm that there is nothing unique as to doing that in this rom. I'm sure a search will turn up the generic way to do it, but I'm a noob and don't want to mess anything up.

Again, love the rom. My phone is more usable than ever - faster internet and GPS. So much so, I may have to spring for a seidio extended battery because I'm using it so much more now.

Thanks,

Wad
Old 05-01-2008, 10:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogu100)

condelestat is a n00b

Ghettofreeryder thank you for the time and effort you put in to this project.

I have a funny problem. At home every thing works fine: GPS, network, calls.
At work nothing works. I can't even make calls. A signal is there but I can't use it. If I get call call to go through I get an error from Verizon saying they can't authenticate my phone. Then is says dial #3388 for help. I don't know what to do. I realy need for my phone to work on the job. Please help
Old 05-01-2008, 11:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogu100)

condelestat is a n00b

correction: #8899
Old 05-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Lurker

Tenshi is a n00b

Just a quick question... is Rilphone off in this version for internet sharing?
Old 05-01-2008, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

(cross post)

well, went and tried GPSviewer on my lunch break. I started the program, waited about 15 seconds, and BAM 11 satelittes. Started live search, clicked on center on gps, and it locked in about 2 seconds. Started google maps was locked onto 7 sats in less than 2 seconds. This is crazy cuz nothing else worked for me. Im gonna highly recommend this program and im gonna post my results in the other GPS vogue threads. Im stoked now!!!

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 05-01-2008, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VzW 6900
Carrier: vzw

640k is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
(cross post)

well, went and tried GPSviewer on my lunch break. I started the program, waited about 15 seconds, and BAM 11 satelittes. Started live search, clicked on center on gps, and it locked in about 2 seconds. Started google maps was locked onto 7 sats in less than 2 seconds. This is crazy cuz nothing else worked for me. Im gonna highly recommend this program and im gonna post my results in the other GPS vogue threads. Im stoked now!!!
I still need to try that method. I used GPS Viewer today and picked up about 4 or 5 sats but no lock. Went to Google Maps and it put me within about 10 miles of my location, but never locked (kept moving around) and then gave up and put me in NC.

I think I'm going to switch back to 3.37.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

make sure google maps is configured in the settings menu as "let windows manage".

In your settings>system menu,(where the sounds and settings are) go to the external GPS program. Make sure the first tab says GPS program port com4. the hardware tab should be GPS hardware port set to "none" and baud rate of 4800. Make sure that location settings are set to "on". Start Gpsviewer, set it to com4, and baud rate of 4800. click "open gps" and click on cold start, wait about a minute, and then go and start google maps or whatever program, and click on use gps, and you should get a lock, as Gpsviewer will blow that GPS port wide open for use.

This is what i did, and it worked perfect. i have no problems having to start GPSviewer first, cuz it works, and its neat to see the satelitte map.

Make sure you close the GPS in Gpsviewer when youre done or it will keep the port wide open
Old 05-01-2008, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

TheShaz is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to TheShaz

I installed this rom over JD's XP looking rom with the Titan radio. I didnt care for the XP/Vista feel (personal taste) - so I tried this ROM.

I like it so far, busy installing my preferred apps....I installed OZ Messenger ok -Went to install Sprint TV but the CAB does not install - just hangs at the begining of the progress bar.

Is this rom not compatable with Sprint Apps ?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development