PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 05:47 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mustan-Tech - WM6.1 v3 (with GPS & Rev. A)

I've discovered if you install SPB Phone suite on this particular image - for some reason it changes phone from sprint carrier to some other carrier where it goes digital roaming - you can't call or browse the web.

OK - turns out it wasn't SPB phone Suite - I just rebooted again and although I didn't install any new software I'm back to digital roaming - seems to be a roll of the dice whether or not my phone works with this current release.

For anyone having this issue -I just applied the latest PRL and it seems to have resolved the issue.

Last edited by boe; 04-29-2008 at 01:47 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

tsvb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunb007 View Post
did anyone who had trouble with gps in jd's gpstest rom try this and get gps to work?
Yes I got my phone to use GPS once for ten minutes with JD's but with this ROM it worked perfectly. I drove home and it followed perfectly.

Like I said before I don't know if it is just luck and working for me now or if it has to do with the ROMs.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan

courtlandre is a n00b

Hey all, I have a titan, but my roomate has the Vogue... Just wondering if the keyboard issues are fixed because he uses the touch keyboad with the 2 letters per key and it wasnt working as of last night.

Has a new version been posted with the keyboard fix? Last nights version has the keybaord fix, but it didnt actually fix it.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

varunb007 is keeping up the good workvarunb007 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsvb View Post
Yes I got my phone to use GPS once for ten minutes with JD's but with this ROM it worked perfectly. I drove home and it followed perfectly.

Like I said before I don't know if it is just luck and working for me now or if it has to do with the ROMs.
I may have to try this then... If I do a Sprite backup of my current setup (JD's gpstest 2.1 (wm 6.1) rom) can I restore with the new rom and have all my stuff loaded or do I have to reinstall everything individually?
Old 04-28-2008, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul

jamesjay is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustan-tech View Post
Sorry all I uploaded the fixed roms this morning with what I hoped was a working keypad. but I seem to be seeing that people are still having problems with it. can someone PM me with a screen shot or more specific info on whats not working and i'll see what I can do!

I ment to update the links on the first page but had to many things to do this morning, they are now updated. I'm glad some of you already found it on the FTP.

They are:

/\/\ustan.
Mustan good work so far. The problems im having is the htc album is now borked with this fix. Its says its missing a file or not signed. Maybe i can just reinstall it? As for the keyboard problem, the actual problem is when the touch keyboard xt9 tries to suggest a word... where the words usually show up. the background should be black, but its transparent and doesn't redraw anything in that area so it looks all messed up. Normally i think it would be redrawing the black background. Sorry i don't have any apps to take a screenshot.

Edit: reinstalling htc album fixes the album problem.

http://rapidshare.com/files/74055736...0.1030.720.cab

Last edited by jamesjay; 04-28-2008 at 07:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

jax2k3 is a n00b

hey.. awesome clean rom... possible to create a VISTA theme of this rom? Blue or Black is good...
Old 04-28-2008, 07:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

meekell is just getting started

sms doesn't seem to be working any longer. I've tried the clean and now am using the mega ROM. Everything else seems to be working fine. Anyone have any ideas how to troubleshoot this?
Old 04-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Lurker

Slobdell is a n00b

I flashed the rom on my Verizon xv6900 and now when it boots up it goes to the HTC smart mobility screen and freezes.

Anyone else have this problem and fix it? I can't do any more flashing unless it fully boots so is my phone just dead now? Thanks
Old 04-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobdell View Post
I flashed the rom on my Verizon xv6900 and now when it boots up it goes to the HTC smart mobility screen and freezes.

Anyone else have this problem and fix it? I can't do any more flashing unless it fully boots so is my phone just dead now? Thanks

Did you run the Alltel Rom first? If not this rom will freeze on startup. Anyway there is a sticky telling you how to unbrick your phone.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xanekka is just getting started

I am a newbie. I loaded the Clean rom successfully.

Now, how do I get the GPS to work? I am completely clueless. If someone could point me in the direction, I'd really appreciate it.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development