PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2008, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Incredible
Carrier: Sprint Sero Baby!!!

gedster314 is keeping up the good workgedster314 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: JD's Roms

I figured out what was wrong. I wasn't paying a lot of attention and I was a little slow in reseting after aligning the screen. As a result some of the Telus setup ran before I reset, it changed some of my data settings. I had to install the official Sprint rom, let the setup run and then used internet explorer which in turn caused the Sprint vision setup to run. This installed all the proper passwords and account info. I then could reinstall the new JD rom.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:40 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me
Threadstarter

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
I figured out what was wrong. I wasn't paying a lot of attention and I was a little slow in reseting after aligning the screen. As a result some of the Telus setup ran before I reset, it changed some of my data settings. I had to install the official Sprint rom, let the setup run and then used internet explorer which in turn caused the Sprint vision setup to run. This installed all the proper passwords and account info. I then could reinstall the new JD rom.
There are no Telus customizations in the ROM so that was not it
Old 07-14-2008, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Incredible
Carrier: Sprint Sero Baby!!!

gedster314 is keeping up the good workgedster314 is keeping up the good work

Then I don't know what happened. I just know that when I went into ##DATA# all enteries were corrupted with funky characters. Going back to the Sprint Rom fixed almost all my issues.

I say almost because this morninng I tried to read my email and the phone could not access the internet. I soft reset the phone and I had internet again. This is the first time that this has happened so I will wait and see if it happens again.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the rom. Just documenting some issues in case they are more then user/phone errors.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

kenlewisesq is a n00b

Does anyone have the shortcut to the Contacts application? I noticed that both the Contact and Calendar app shortcuts are missing and I was only able to find the Calendar app shortcut in the Windows directory.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:49 PM
The Trend Setter
Threadstarter

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlewisesq View Post
Does anyone have the shortcut to the Contacts application? I noticed that both the Contact and Calendar app shortcuts are missing and I was only able to find the Calendar app shortcut in the Windows directory.
did you try looking on the today screen ......
Old 07-15-2008, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kenlewisesq is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
did you try looking on the today screen ......
Are you referring to the SoftKeys? I did see those but unfortunately, I use some add-ins that take over the buttons (e.g. SPB Mobile Shell). I was hoping to put the shortcuts into the drop down menu under the Windows icon.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:41 AM
The Trend Setter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Are you referring to the SoftKeys? I did see those but unfortunately, I use some add-ins that take over the buttons (e.g. SPB Mobile Shell). I was hoping to put the shortcuts into the drop down menu under the Windows icon.
Go to settings\menus you should be able to do it there
Old 07-16-2008, 04:03 AM
The Trend Setter
Threadstarter

http://www.mediafire.com/?jzd32gtm4il new hybrid build that i'm testing and what I'm using now if interested changes are on the first page
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

kenlewisesq is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
Go to settings\menus you should be able to do it there
Thanks JD but my problem is that the shortcut for Contacts is non existant on my machine. I found the Calendar shortcut in the Windows directory but could not find Contacts. I was hoping someone could post the shortcut so I could move it over to my device.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:28 AM
The Trend Setter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Thanks JD but my problem is that the shortcut for Contacts is non existant on my machine. I found the Calendar shortcut in the Windows directory but could not find Contacts. I was hoping someone could post the shortcut so I could move it over to my device.
I hope this helps.......
Attached Files
File Type: zip contacts lnk.zip (284 Bytes, 11 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by jakdillard; 07-16-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development