PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 08:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New ROM - BUGS

UPDATE: my issues have been identified as compatibility conflict with QuickMenu. I am leaving the details below in case someone else experiences similar symptoms.

...strange issues since the latest ROM upgrade...

1. First thing I noticed, is that the notification LED does not seem to work right. The same thing happened with the leaked ROM, and I was hoping it would be fixed, but it does not appear to be so.

After a clean boot, I charge the battery and the light goes solid green. I take the phone off the charger, and the light blinks green - just as it should. If I receive a call and don't answer it, the light blinks orange - as I defined in sounds and notifications. HOWEVER, it continues to blink orange even after I acknowledge the notification, and there is no way for me to get it to go back to blinking green again without resetting the phone.

2. Blinking notifications. While I haven't nailed it down completely yet, I ofter see the "Notification" blink very quickly on the soft-button menu at the bottom.

For example, this morning, I received an SMS, and instead of the notification just coming up at the bottom and staying on, it would quickly alternate between "Notification" and "Calendar".

3. SMS. Several people have reported having problems sending/receiving texts.

While I am able to send and receive, something really strange happened this morning where my phone/radio turned itself off after I received a text message.

Other than those, the phone seems to be working ok after a full 24 hours. Battery life appears to be about the same, and GPS works every time I've tried.

When posting here, please provide a couple of piece of critical information:

1. Which ROM did you upgrade from
2. Was your device locked/unlocked prior to the upgrade

I came from the leaked rom, and my touch was unlocked...

Last edited by dew.man; 06-27-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vouge
Carrier: Sprint

jayg118 is a n00b
Re: New ROM - BUGS

I too have been having some issues with my Sprint Touch after installling the latest leaked ROM. My Bluetooth will not work any more for me. Before the upgrade, I had no problems with it, but now it will not work. Also, on my Call History tab on my Today Screen, I can not save the change of the filter setting from "Missed" calls to "All" calls. I can open the Call History tab from the Today Screen, change the filter setting and see the change take effect. But as soon as I close the Call History tab and open it back up, it is set back to filtering on "Missed" calls. Not sure if this is such a big deal but I thought I would throw this out there in case anyone else is having these same issues.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayg118 View Post
I too have been having some issues with my Sprint Touch after installling the latest leaked ROM. My Bluetooth will not work any more for me. Before the upgrade, I had no problems with it, but now it will not work. Also, on my Call History tab on my Today Screen, I can not save the change of the filter setting from "Missed" calls to "All" calls. I can open the Call History tab from the Today Screen, change the filter setting and see the change take effect. But as soon as I close the Call History tab and open it back up, it is set back to filtering on "Missed" calls. Not sure if this is such a big deal but I thought I would throw this out there in case anyone else is having these same issues.
Im having this same isue and it is extremely irritating
Old 06-27-2008, 09:02 AM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

sent and received a few texts each way with no problems

dont have the missed calls problem mine goes right to all calls screen. might be some other software conflicting or an HTC home thing instead of a total ROM thing. i use spb phonesuite and it goes to all calls just fine when clicking the missed call icon.

dont have a bluetooth headset yet to test bluetooth.

dont have any of the noted notification problems either.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

dbigdawg is becoming a great contributor

I have loaded the newest leaked ROM on my unlocked Touch with no problems. my previous ROM was the leaked Touch ROM. I loaded the ROM and let customizations run before I hard reset. I have paired it with Motorola 305 & 505 hands free kits as well as Plantronica 855.

Last edited by dbigdawg; 06-27-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started

I put my phone on vibrate when I'm at ball games and yesterday, while in vibrate, I received a text. It vibrated and wouldn't stop. I waited to see how long it would go, tried putting it in silent and normal mode, tried everything I could think of. Several minutes later it was still buzzing away so I did a reset. Never saw it do that before. It's also frozen on me twice while playing Bubble Breaker. Go figure. Never saw that before either. It's pretty obvious that this one isn't done but it's still considerably nicer than the previous install.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

As is often the case, my problems turned out to be software compatibility issues:

Among other things, I have been using QuickMenu for some time now, and after some testing/troubleshooting, have identified that application to be the culprit of my Notification/LED issues.

After removing QuickMenu, my notifications work fine!

Keeping my fingers crossed that any/all other issues can be resolved via simple config change as well!

Back to "stress testing"
Old 06-27-2008, 11:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

the only problem im aving with this new official rom is my internet goes to 1x all thetime..i even downgraded to the previous PRL version and still....this never happened to me at all....i upgraded from a stock rom.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Sprint Touch

mvpilot172 is a n00b

i went from locked stock sprint rom to the new one. I have a contacts problem, the letters on the side don't always show up, just a scroll bar. Mine had the same vibrate prob when I tried using the srs wow hd plugin, removed it and all is fine.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

purdue89 is a n00b

I went from the original stock ROM to the leaked "official" ROM. Since I've done the upgrade I've noticed that people are complaining that my headsets are echoing.. The wired one (which people never complained about before) and my bluetooth (Motorola H12).
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development