PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Lab Rat
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Or whatever device I pick out in the morning.
Carrier: Sprint

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842
Re: Rev. A Speed Tests - Please Post your results

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicast View Post
alright i wanna test my rev A too but how? log on to speedtest.net in my touch, it said that i need flash player 7 or latest. I got it in stall already but still no luck. any help?
Try http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed from the phone. Always choose the largest file. It should give you an option to try a larger file than the 100k for the first time. I always use the 1MB.

Remember to say when someone helps you out.

Open thread without searching > waste server usage > waste energy > higher gas prices
Think about the economy the next time you feel the need to open a useless thread. Think about it.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

drunkinmonk is a n00b

wow thats some coke on speed....nah just playin its my connection with wireless roadrunner turbo.

heres the real deal im in portland maine and i dont think rev a is up here from this test. i will try again.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

using speakeasy.net and mine is:

Download Speed: 1464 kbps (183 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 242 kbps (30.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

The test was done through PDANet software.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wldthng842 View Post
Try http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed from the phone. Always choose the largest file. It should give you an option to try a larger file than the 100k for the first time. I always use the 1MB.
You could also go to testmy.net on the Touch itself (works with Opera, apparently doesn't work with PIE ). DSL reports will give you download speed, but not upload. Testmy.net will do both.

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!

Last edited by slypher; 04-29-2008 at 06:53 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Lurker

kngof9ex is a n00b

Since ugrading to Rev A my speeds have been crappy. pre upgrade i was getting about 1300kbps now that ive upgraded im getting 259kbps down and 508 kbps upload.... i have jds 6.1 rom same results with just the altell as well

Old 04-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

notrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngof9ex View Post
Since ugrading to Rev A my speeds have been crappy. pre upgrade i was getting about 1300kbps now that ive upgraded im getting 259kbps down and 508 kbps upload.... i have jds 6.1 rom same results with just the altell as well

I'm in the same boat , but you are getting much better upload then i am
Old 04-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Lurker

kngof9ex is a n00b

yeah the uploads are pretty good but i cant seem to get the download speeds up, im thinking i might revert to the stock radio then start all over ....
Old 04-29-2008, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

meatlocker is a n00b

Make sure you check to see if you have the REV A option in EPST (Data Parameters) after upgrading. If it isn't there, you do NOT have Rev A. Some of us are in this boat after loading the Alltel/JDTestRom...we got GPS but not Rev A.

See the Mogul thread on Rev A enable/disable settings for how it should look in EPST.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

notrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuff

Yeah Its not there I only have "packet dial string" in data parameters. Where do we go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatlocker View Post
Make sure you check to see if you have the REV A option in EPST (Data Parameters) after upgrading. If it isn't there, you do NOT have Rev A. Some of us are in this boat after loading the Alltel/JDTestRom...we got GPS but not Rev A.

See the Mogul thread on Rev A enable/disable settings for how it should look in EPST.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Vogue

realmeister is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatlocker View Post

So if I don't see RevA or Data Paramters listed in EPST I don't have RevA enabled, correct? Since my GPS works (randomly), is there a simple way to also enable RevA?

Never mind, found the Data Parametrs, but like the poster before me all I have is "packet dial string". Wuestion remains, how do I enable RevA?

Last edited by realmeister; 04-29-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development