PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
How-To Get GPS/Rev A on Sprint Touch

Since the other threads are full of posts, I thought I would create this sticky thread with all the steps needed to get Rev A and GPS on a Sprint Touch with the Alltel ROM.

Things to download:
- Newest Alltel ROM: http://216.139.227.226/alltel/RUU_Vo...SpecialNBH.exe
- ImCokeMan's 2.31 Unlocker: http://rapidshare.com/files/11019074...r_MFG_2.31.exe
- Unlocking Files: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...02&postcount=3
- GPS Files: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...87#post2143987

Now for the fun part....
1) Connect your phone to your computer and establish an ActiveSync connection.
2) Run the Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe on your computer and follow all of the prompts (including when to disconnect the USB cable and reconnect).
3) After you get into Windows, do the Power-Camera-Reset to get into ImCokeMan's Bootloader (the rainbow screen).
4) Run the Alltel ROM exe file (follow all prompts).
5) DO A SOFT RESET BEFORE THE CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN or you will not have an internet connection.
6) Install the 3 unlocking files
7) Soft reset
8) Install the GPS cab (to the device if asked)
9) Soft reset

Now to check settings:
- Go to Start > Settings > Personal > Phone > Services > Location Settings > Make sure its set to ON.
- Start > Settings > System > GPS > GPS Program Port is 4, Hardware Port is None, Baud Rate is 4800, Access is set to automatically

Now there are a variety of programs out there to test GPS, so choose one, go outside and wait for up to 5-10 minutes for it to get its first lock. Sometimes it happens quick, sometimes it can take a while. Make sure your program is set to Com 4 for GPS.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How-To Get GPS/Rev A on Sprint Touch

Thanks MF, on behalf of my touch/vouge brethren (and sistren) lol.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Lurker

xdmg is a n00b

Quick question.. Is this using the a-gps built into the chipset? (Like what the Mogul is using)

Thanks.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdmg View Post
Quick question.. Is this using the a-gps built into the chipset? (Like what the Mogul is using)

Thanks.
I believe its a combination of both aGPS and real GPS, like the Mogul.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:48 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Has there been confirmation yet of being able to go back to stock Sprint ROM or other custom ROMs?

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus Mobility

loginatnine is just getting started

Thanks for that sticky but I have 2 lil questions :
- Would this work with telus mobility or it's only sprint?
- If it does indeed work with telus mobility, would this overwrite the rom it install when I usually hard reset (I mean the original telus rom)?
THanks to you and Cokeman
Old 04-25-2008, 11:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Im gonna do this when i get home tonite. thanks alot. im gonna have to learn how to rip these roms and things apart so i can start contributing. Either way good work!

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 04-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

PapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackojack View Post
Thanks for that sticky but I have 2 lil questions :
- Would this work with telus mobility or it's only sprint?
- If it does indeed work with telus mobility, would this overwrite the rom it install when I usually hard reset (I mean the original telus rom)?
THanks to you and Cokeman
it should work with telus mobility... i'm using my sprint touch half way around the world in different network and working fine and it will change the original telus rom as this was made for alltel..
Old 04-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor

awesome writeup. just for absolute clarification, two of the unlocker files are .cpf, how do you install those?
Old 04-25-2008, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus Mobility

loginatnine is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDocta View Post
it should work with telus mobility... i'm using my sprint touch half way around the world in different network and working fine and it will change the original telus rom as this was made for alltel..
Cheers for the answer
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development