PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How-To Get GPS/Rev A on Sprint Touch

Detroit area most definitely is a Rev A area (i live just north of the city), it has been since rev A launched.

Does anyone know if the old audipara files will still work, or can someone make new ones?

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 04-25-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:05 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
Detroit area most definitely is a Rev A area (i live just north of the city), it has been since rev A launched. Does anyone know if the old audipara files will still work, or can someone make new ones?
haha thanx, good to know someone near me has tried it and is working. now anyone know if this is 6.1 or not? sorry im honestly just being lazy :-\
Old 04-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

as far as i know its 6.1, but for stability i just stayed with stock alltel wm6. Although threaded is nice, it lacks forwarding and saving of individual texts which is a downfall. Personally i dont text enough, few hundred tops a month) that threaded is a must. jak's ROM still is beta remember if you dont want to flash 10 times.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

varunb007 is keeping up the good workvarunb007 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
haha thanx, good to know someone near me has tried it and is working. now anyone know if this is 6.1 or not? sorry im honestly just being lazy :-\
not 6.1. will have to wait for someone to cook up one if you want both gps and threaded sms
Old 04-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (RAPH800)
Carrier: Sprint

bkabela is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bkabela Send a message via MSN to bkabela

Confirmed!!! Thanks for all the hard word!!!!

After installing all the unlockers and the new ROM, and tried the GPS in Google Maps and it took about 10mins to get its first lock! Thanks again!
Old 04-25-2008, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

neverempathey is just getting started

ok now that i have done this my phone will lock up in stand by what the heck.. anybody else having this problem
Old 04-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Almost a VIP

guys, audiopara...need a new version like the Mogul or no?
Old 04-25-2008, 05:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

scirio is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunb007 View Post
I haven't done the update yet but I remember to get google maps working with my bt gps, I had to configure "External GPS" in Settings->System. Perhaps give that a go. From what I've read, the internal GPS should be port 2 or port 4. Forgot which one is default and which one is recommended to improve performance...
Already did that. And it says it should be COM4 on the first post.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

spamftw is just getting started

still no luck with GPS, the weather isnt the best where I am so that might be the problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the cab a few times. no luck.

on google maps it just says Seeking GPS satteliets (0) for about 5 to 10 min.

The only oddites when loading the rom, were I soft-reset before the unlocker rom did custimze (which i dont think should matter) and the 1 and 3 files didn't open anything, but they werent cabs so I didn't think much of it.

anyone with a similar problem, or might know where i went wrong?
Old 04-25-2008, 06:06 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Make sure you try jakdillard's WM6.1 ROM. It's in the Alltel ROM thread. Page 44 I think. It enables GPS without any hoops to jump through.

Here's the post with a download link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=571

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development