PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unbricking Vogue / and downgrading SPL

Edited *This will help those that are stuck at the HTC welcome screen and cannot get past it to load IMCokeMan's Unlocker.**
Edit by ImCoKeMaN: If you are stuck in bootloader (3 color screen) use titanexitbl or mtty (set 16 0 then task first and try these steps only if that doesn't work.

Apparently you can not use SDHC cards with this method, please use the 512mb card that came with your phone.

I have successfully unbricked my phone due to updating the Alltel rom to a non Alltel Vogue, before IMCokeman had released his unlocker an also have downgraded to the previous SPL version. I will shortly update this post with the How to instructions. I just need to retrace my steps.

I would first like to thank IMCokeMan for his help and unlocker.

I currently have a Sprint Vogue but I assume this will work for all versions

For those that had loaded the Alltel rom without the unlocker and have bricked there phone try this procedure to unbrick your phone.

1. First download IMCokeMaN's 2.31 Unlocker. http://rapidshare.com/files/11019074...r_MFG_2.31.exe
2. Extract IMCokeMan's unlocker

Previous SPL version was 2.31 current SPL version is 0.36

Edit by ImCoKeMaN:
Note: Steps 3, 4 and 5 should not be necessary, but step 6 is critical that it is a signed rom from your carrier

3. Navigate to the extracted folder and within the folder you will find the following file called VOGUIMAG2.nbh and rename it to VOGUIMG.nbh

4. Copy the file to a fat32 memory card, and insert it back into your phone, and place it into bootloader mode.

5. The phone should display Loading... let it sit there for a minute or so. It will not go past this screen, now reboot the phone.

6. Extract your official rom (Must be a signed EXE from your carrier, check here)

7. Navigate to the extracted folder and within the folder you will find the following file called ruu_signed.nbh and rename it to VOGUIMG.nbh

8. Copy the file to your memory card (less than 2gb and formated fat32) and insert it back into the phone and place it back into bootloader mode, and install the your Carrier's Official ROM.

I have attached the VOGUIMG.nbh file for those that are having problems.
Attached Files
File Type: zip VOGUIMG.zip (99.0 KB, 1854 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 07-08-2008 at 04:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 26 times.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny
Re: Unbricking Vogue / and downgrading SPL

Glad to see you were able to unbrick your phone, great write up too!
Old 04-25-2008, 12:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
Glad to see you were able to unbrick your phone, great write up too!
Tenny,

Thanks it was hard going without a phone for a couple of days.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Ralphael
Carrier: Telus

AttractiveApe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardukeme View Post
7. Navigate to the extracted folder and within the folder you will find the following file called ruu_signed.nbh and rename it to VOGUIMG.nbg
VOGUIMG.nbh **

Just for all the copy/pastas in here.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Will this work on a device that is not bricked? My device will boot into OS but I would still like to downgrade back to the original SPL anyway so I can start all over seeing as how I was stupid and let customization run and now have no carrier settings at all, even with JD's new rom.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
Will this work on a device that is not bricked? My device will boot into OS but I would still like to downgrade back to the original SPL anyway so I can start all over seeing as how I was stupid and let customization run and now have no carrier settings at all, even with JD's new rom.
In theory it should since I had 2.31 SPL when bricked and when I unbricked the phone I had SPL version 0.31
Old 04-25-2008, 03:51 AM
VIP Member

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardukeme View Post
In theory it should since I had 2.31 SPL when bricked and when I unbricked the phone I had SPL version 0.31
Any change you could elaborate on how this is done? The original instructions are kinda vague. Or maybe I'm just kinda slow but still I am having trouble restoring the original bootloader.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket!!
Carrier: AT&T

hotbyz168 is becoming a great contributor

I just did it!!! whew
Just load the old unlocker back onto your phone... when it is done put into bootloader and flash the original oem...Make sure it is the full rom with the pri 1.33 as well!!!

dharvey i feel your pain lol

Last edited by hotbyz168; 04-25-2008 at 03:57 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:58 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbyz168 View Post
I just did it!!! whew
Just load the old unlocker back onto your phone... when it is done put into bootloader and flash the original oem...Make sure it is the full rom with the pri 1.33 as well!!!
I'm gonna give it a try. I really hope this works. Do you already have the OEM ROM back on your device? Are you able to connect to the internet again?
Old 04-25-2008, 03:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket!!
Carrier: AT&T

hotbyz168 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
I'm gonna give it a try. I really hope this works. Do you already have the OEM ROM back on your device? Are you able to connect to the internet again?
Customizations are installing as we speak... i will post back in a sec
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development