PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Unbricking Vogue / and downgrading SPL (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24906)

mardukeme 04-24-2008 11:50 PM

Unbricking Vogue / and downgrading SPL

1 Attachment(s)
Edited *This will help those that are stuck at the HTC welcome screen and cannot get past it to load IMCokeMan's Unlocker.**
Edit by ImCoKeMaN: If you are stuck in bootloader (3 color screen) use titanexitbl or mtty (set 16 0 then task 8) first and try these steps only if that doesn't work.

Apparently you can not use SDHC cards with this method, please use the 512mb card that came with your phone.

I have successfully unbricked my phone due to updating the Alltel rom to a non Alltel Vogue, before IMCokeman had released his unlocker an also have downgraded to the previous SPL version. I will shortly update this post with the How to instructions. I just need to retrace my steps.

I would first like to thank IMCokeMan for his help and unlocker.

I currently have a Sprint Vogue but I assume this will work for all versions

For those that had loaded the Alltel rom without the unlocker and have bricked there phone try this procedure to unbrick your phone.

1. First download IMCokeMaN's 2.31 Unlocker. http://rapidshare.com/files/11019074...r_MFG_2.31.exe
2. Extract IMCokeMan's unlocker

Previous SPL version was 2.31 current SPL version is 0.36

Edit by ImCoKeMaN:
Note: Steps 3, 4 and 5 should not be necessary, but step 6 is critical that it is a signed rom from your carrier

3. Navigate to the extracted folder and within the folder you will find the following file called VOGUIMAG2.nbh and rename it to VOGUIMG.nbh

4. Copy the file to a fat32 memory card, and insert it back into your phone, and place it into bootloader mode.

5. The phone should display Loading... let it sit there for a minute or so. It will not go past this screen, now reboot the phone.

6. Extract your official rom (Must be a signed EXE from your carrier, check here)

7. Navigate to the extracted folder and within the folder you will find the following file called ruu_signed.nbh and rename it to VOGUIMG.nbh

8. Copy the file to your memory card (less than 2gb and formated fat32) and insert it back into the phone and place it back into bootloader mode, and install the your Carrier's Official ROM.

I have attached the VOGUIMG.nbh file for those that are having problems.

Tenny 04-25-2008 12:38 AM

Re: Unbricking Vogue / and downgrading SPL

Glad to see you were able to unbrick your phone, great write up too!

mardukeme 04-25-2008 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenny (Post 259654)
Glad to see you were able to unbrick your phone, great write up too!

Tenny,

Thanks it was hard going without a phone for a couple of days.

AttractiveApe 04-25-2008 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mardukeme (Post 259603)
7. Navigate to the extracted folder and within the folder you will find the following file called ruu_signed.nbh and rename it to VOGUIMG.nbg

VOGUIMG.nbh **

Just for all the copy/pastas in here.

DHarvey 04-25-2008 03:41 AM

Will this work on a device that is not bricked? My device will boot into OS but I would still like to downgrade back to the original SPL anyway so I can start all over seeing as how I was stupid and let customization run and now have no carrier settings at all, even with JD's new rom.

mardukeme 04-25-2008 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dharvey4651 (Post 259874)
Will this work on a device that is not bricked? My device will boot into OS but I would still like to downgrade back to the original SPL anyway so I can start all over seeing as how I was stupid and let customization run and now have no carrier settings at all, even with JD's new rom.

In theory it should since I had 2.31 SPL when bricked and when I unbricked the phone I had SPL version 0.31

DHarvey 04-25-2008 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mardukeme (Post 259876)
In theory it should since I had 2.31 SPL when bricked and when I unbricked the phone I had SPL version 0.31

Any change you could elaborate on how this is done? The original instructions are kinda vague. Or maybe I'm just kinda slow but still I am having trouble restoring the original bootloader.

hotbyz168 04-25-2008 03:53 AM

I just did it!!! whew
Just load the old unlocker back onto your phone... when it is done put into bootloader and flash the original oem...Make sure it is the full rom with the pri 1.33 as well!!!

dharvey i feel your pain lol

DHarvey 04-25-2008 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotbyz168 (Post 259881)
I just did it!!! whew
Just load the old unlocker back onto your phone... when it is done put into bootloader and flash the original oem...Make sure it is the full rom with the pri 1.33 as well!!!

I'm gonna give it a try. I really hope this works. Do you already have the OEM ROM back on your device? Are you able to connect to the internet again?

hotbyz168 04-25-2008 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dharvey4651 (Post 259883)
I'm gonna give it a try. I really hope this works. Do you already have the OEM ROM back on your device? Are you able to connect to the internet again?

Customizations are installing as we speak... i will post back in a sec