PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint diamond
Carrier: sprint

jon6535 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unbricking Vogue / and downgrading SPL

Im having the same problem as a couple other people here, i tried the way everybody said in the bootloader, i formated the 512 factory stick to Fat32 and put that small program on, the gray screen flashed with image not found and went back to the rainbow screen. I then extracted the factory vogue image and renamed that on the memory card, but no loading or anything, just straight to the rainbow screen. I tried using mtty but my keyboard dont work in that program, although the program is functioning. About 30 minutes ago i took my phone to the sprint store i bought it from and the guy said that i would have to take it to there tech shop, which was closed already. I have the Total Protection Plan, should i take it to the tech shop or try a different sprint store to exchange it?
Old 04-25-2008, 09:14 PM
N00b

hoby is a n00b

I have a Verizon XV6900 so I used the nbh that was ripped for that... hence my issues with trying to get back to square one. You should be able to use the .nbh that is extracted from the Sprint load though...
Old 04-25-2008, 09:23 PM
N00b

hoby is a n00b

Well, it looks like all isn't well....

When I sleep the phone with the power switch, it doesn't come back unless I soft reset.

Oh well, I was close... if only I could get rid of the bootloader for exchanging it...
Old 04-25-2008, 09:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

Red49er is keeping up the good workRed49er is keeping up the good work

Alright, I redownloaded the Sprint exe, extracted it again, and I'm gonna try flashing my phone one last time. I realized I hadn't been reformatting the card b/w the first and second flashes, I dunno if that could make a difference. But if this doesn't work I'm giving up until someone smarter than me comes up with a new idea.

Edit: Still no radio, no friggin' clue why that is. So long fellas, and duke, I REALLY appreciate all the time you've put into this.

Last edited by Red49er; 04-25-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoby View Post
Well, it looks like all isn't well....

When I sleep the phone with the power switch, it doesn't come back unless I soft reset.

Oh well, I was close... if only I could get rid of the bootloader for exchanging it...
Thats because your SPL, radio and rom don't match. If you want GPS use the 2.31 one and then flash alltel exe. Then the radio and OS and SPL are in sync from there you can install custom GPS roms.

Everyone is using the name VOGUIMG.nbh when putting the roms on their SD card (under 2GB and fat32) right? Also same process could work from activesync for some, it would at least give a clue to your errors.

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 04-25-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:57 PM
N00b

hoby is a n00b

ImCokeMaN, sounds like a plan to me.

Now that I was able to get out of bootloader with MTTY, I will give the Alltel route another shot... I suspect, it was all downhill when 2.31 didn't take... If I can get Alltel working, I will be a very happy camper.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You do have 2.31 now right?
Old 04-25-2008, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Cokeman, do you have any genious ideas to save me too?
(Yeah so I lied about giving up, its just not in my genes =p)
Old 04-25-2008, 10:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stealth-twinturbo is just getting started

SOME ONE please help me, i'm not an idiot i have flashed rom's on this phone like 12 times before this... so i'm not a noob, i've tried everything on this thread like 17 times lol and i still cant figure out how to unbrick this.

When i turn on my phone it says

VOHU100 MFG RUUNBH
SPL-2.01.1000
CPLD-3

Serial

It loads really fast and just flashes then goes back to the multicolor screen, where do i go from here i'm having trouble. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

You put VOGUIMG.nbh on your 2gig or less sd card?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development