PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Alltel Rom?

This rom flashes the special 4350 nbh first if you don't remove it. That doesn't have an OS and won't boot. Then it would load the voguimg file, but it becomes CID locked and the alltel rom won't load on other carriers.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

thezero4 is just getting started

Well hopefully someone can RIP the stuff that the sprint users want out of it at sometime. Also Hopefully Sprint releases their update soon.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond (on Alltel)
Carrier: Alltel

GnatGoSplat is becoming a great contributor

Ah, I see. Being CID locked wasn't a problem with the Mogul because there were old ROM versions available for every carrier.
I've always wondered why there wasn't a way to cook ROMs with the correct CID and have it work. HTC ROM Tool has CID textboxes, but even putting the correct CID info in there doesn't fool the CID locked SPL.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

once you change the CID the rom is no longer signed thats another change in the SPL patches. The SPL itself isn't carrier specific though, it just locks it to the phone you have. Additionally this 2.xx bootloader won't allow you to load pre 3.xx roms. That is why rock can't get back to a stock sprint one. (assuming he did run the full exe from sprint not a dumped/unsigned one) I sent him a PM to see if there is anything I can do for him but we'll see.

PS: I already have a no-SPL version of this rom ready and will post the link when i get the new 2.xx unlocker tested. At that point it should be good to go, but remember same GPS no reverting issues as the titan.

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 04-23-2008 at 09:05 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

argov is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock02004 View Post
thanks cokeman, I know i made a mistake, im usually very cautious about what i flash on my phone but I saw the rom numbers and got excited to have GPS and Rev A. but in the end it bricked my little vogue. I could fix the problem but I dont have the money to do it so my only choice seems like an insurance claim in a couple of weeks. I have learned so much using this forum, some good some bad, in the end its the technology that keeps me coming back for more.
If you got the insurance, they usually don't making any problems.

Just go to repair center and tell them you did hard reset and now its stack.
I got a brand new one after 20 min’ (for free)
Old 04-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor

yep, if youre paying the $7/month then you have the full package. the only time you need to make an insurance claim is if the phone is lost, wet or physically damaged beyond repair. otherwise your repair center will repair/replace it for you at no cost. if you only have the $4 equipment replacement program (erp) however, you have to make the claim
Old 04-23-2008, 10:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
once you change the CID the rom is no longer signed thats another change in the SPL patches. The SPL itself isn't carrier specific though, it just locks it to the phone you have. Additionally this 2.xx bootloader won't allow you to load pre 3.xx roms. That is why rock can't get back to a stock sprint one. (assuming he did run the full exe from sprint not a dumped/unsigned one) I sent him a PM to see if there is anything I can do for him but we'll see.

PS: I already have a no-SPL version of this rom ready and will post the link when i get the new 2.xx unlocker tested. At that point it should be good to go, but remember same GPS no reverting issues as the titan.
ImCoKeMaN you are awesome! Thanks for all your hard work on this site. I'm so excited. And I don't even have a Touch, LOL! My wife does though, so I get to play with hers. She will actually be excited about this if it turns out we can get the GPS working.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by argov View Post
If you got the insurance, they usually don't making any problems.

Just go to repair center and tell them you did hard reset and now its stack.
I got a brand new one after 20 min’ (for free)
All my service centers have to order one for you and sprint sends a refurb. So YMMV..

-CC
Old 04-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
All my service centers have to order one for you and sprint sends a refurb. So YMMV..

-CC
technically thats the route they should be going, though the 'refubs' are still new devices now they are just not in retail packaging. plus, no deductible
Old 04-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post

Can you explain this to "non-tech" people? Specifically the second paragraph?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development